Author Topic: Just my opinion  (Read 1442 times)

Offline Capt. Marti

• View Profile
    • http://www.tampabayfishing.info
Just my opinion
« on: October 15, 2002, 10:45:00 AM »
I beleive that 95 percent of all staff was just as brainwashed as the rest of us. They started the program at an early age and that was there way out.
I was on staff for a short time, getting on staff was my way of proving to them I was doing fine while I planned my escape. However when I refused to beat someone up . I got started over. Think I was the only staff that ever got started over.
But I did end up closing them down in Sarasota.
There are only a few staff out of the four years I was there that seemned to ENjoy the sick abuse. They were damn near adults if not adults who knew better. We all know who they are.
Chris C. , Richard K, Dr. Ross, Miller Newton,Letha Y, it is because those people purposely made it worse, and personally enjoyed the abuse that I do hold them accountable. The irony is they are getting theres, Miller has bad heart problems and is very ill, Letha Y has cancer, Chris C. cant run fast enough from all of us.
However, it would be cool if they would come forward and be human enough to own their own actions.
Ill say it here and now. As an oldcommer, fifth phaser or staff if I ever hurt anyone, mentally or physically, I am truly sorry it was never my intention. If anyone feels like i personally wronged them I will be happy to talk to them about it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
Just my opinion
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2002, 01:29:00 PM »
Marti, thank you.  You made a good point, that many staff seemed to do it for a while afterwards, but wised up and bailed when something they did not like was happening.  Good for you.  
It would be nice to get the same response from Mr Casselor....his name deserves no confidence.
Miller I'd rather believe will burn in hell.
Bill
Bill H
St Pete & Atlanta, never surrendered!
12/80-12/82

Offline enough

• View Profile
Just my opinion
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2002, 08:43:00 AM »
There is no tyrant more dangerous or dealy than the altrustic one.

That was certainly the case in my experience, and I think that most people who completed staff training and went on to be employed by the program were legitmately trying to help people the best that they knew how. At least in their own minds anyway.

Keep in mind that we too were under the impression that we would die in the gutter with a needle in our arms if we were to cross the program or leave 'against clincal advice'.

Staff training was nothing more than an advanced form of thought reform, where we were converted into a truer form of zealot than the average client.

All the rest of it was window dressing.

[ This Message was edited by: James on 2002-10-16 05:44 ]

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
Just my opinion
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2002, 10:03:00 AM »
LOL James, I was told that when I signed myself out that I would die in the gutter doing drugs again and back in my habits. I told them I wouldn't and I just wanted to graduate high school and go on from there.
I showed them :smile: I didn't do drugs since my intake in 1990, and I have a great job now working for a major company! haha, I would love to see thier faces now if I tell them who I work for, and yes, they did an extensive background check on me at this job before I got hired in!
usan Minns