Author Topic: Pysical Abuse  (Read 12305 times)

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
Pysical Abuse
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2004, 05:24:00 PM »
Shut up.

A government resting on the minority is an aristocracy, not a Republic, and could not be safe with a numerical and physical force against it, without a standing army, an enslaved press and a disarmed populace.
http://memory.loc.gov/const/fed/fed_46.html' target='_new'>James Madison, The Federalist No. 46

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do

Offline jnloar

• View Profile
Pysical Abuse
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2004, 08:14:00 PM »
I have no idea why you feel you have any right to make a comment about what happened to people in Straight.  If I remember correctly and by your title, you were a counselor at SAFE, NOT Straight.  I tolerated you on the Safe site because I was not in that program and even though we disagreed, there seemed to be mutual understanding that perhaps the programs were different.  Now you are on my turf and it is offensive and rude for you to discount what DID happen in Straight.  You owe every single survivor of Straight a sincere apology.  There are years of documented abuse and testimony from many, many survivors and their parents.  I don't know what you are trying to prove but kindly keep it where it belongs....preferably stuffed back up your trap but at the very least, off this site of people trying to heal from the very real abuse they did suffer in Straight.

Offline xdevildogs

• View Profile
Pysical Abuse
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2004, 01:06:00 PM »
I remember being ripped on and confronted endlessly for not restraining other girls. I was one of the biggest girls in my group.(Cincinnati 1984 or 1985) I was confronted for not caring about a girl by not restraining her. I was on 1st phase ::mecry::  ::mecry:: And to the gal that passed out, you copped out and I'm glad you did.

[ This Message was edited by: xdevildogs on 2004-01-27 10:19 ]

Offline uralive

• View Profile
Pysical Abuse
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2004, 03:40:00 PM »
I was in Straight, Dallas right after it first opened up. I don't think the abuse was that bad at first.  At least, I really don't remember it. The thing I do remember is them harboring criminals, I mean serious criminals. What's up with that? Does anyone remember when the cops came in to question a phaser about a murder?

Offline groovy1634

• View Profile
Pysical Abuse
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2004, 11:48:00 PM »
i think you were on staff during the last days i was at straight...not sure, but i think it was you.....thank you for the apologies, even though now i understand why the staff, at least in dallas, were the way they were...it took a very long time, but now i understand that yall went through the same hell we did, except maybe worse... :scared:  :scared:  :scared:
i hope life is treating you well, and good luck to you
lisa
dallas 91'
EOW  

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
Pysical Abuse
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2004, 12:32:00 PM »
On 2003-12-28 19:30:00, Antigen wrote:

"This might bring back some memories.

http://mpcourtdocuments.netfirms.com/thejoint.htm

Wow, scary reading!

Men had better be without education than be educated by their rulers.

--Thomas Hodgskin

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline NivekOgre

• View Profile
    • http://www.skinnypuppy.com
Pysical Abuse
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2004, 12:15:00 PM »
Anyone remember this Black Flag tune:

REVENGE

It's not my imagination
I've got a gun on my back!

Promises you made
Never become fact

We're gonna get revenge
You won't know what hit you
We're tired of being screwed

Don't tell me about tomorrow
Don't tell me what I'll get
I can't think of progress when
Just around the corner
There's a bed of cold pavement
Waiting for me

Revenge!
I'll watch you bleed
Revenge!
That's all I'll need

I won't cry if you- die! DIE!
We're gonna get revenge
You won't know what hit you
We're tired of being screwed

Revenge!
REVENGE!!!
o What

Offline ginabobina

• View Profile
Pysical Abuse
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2004, 03:18:00 PM »
I remember being in the springfield straight 88-89 and having several girls brought in one a sibling who had never done drugs and being kept until they finally let her go. Another a tiny tiny 11 year old brought in for sniffing hairspray and the worst one was a little girl from delaware no drug history but emotional problems that was so abused in there at the time that by the time she became my newcomer she had been shoving pieces of barrets and razors and any other sharp object she could find in side herslef to try and kill herself to get out. She ended up with a serious infection and was finally released to a mental hospital. I remember explaining the teeth marks to my parents and them blowing me off I remember the black eyes and bald spots on my head for some reason me being small I was a prime target when people acted out.

Offline ehm

• View Profile
Pysical Abuse
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2004, 11:39:00 PM »
On 2002-11-27 14:46:00, Antigen wrote:

"How did he explain it? Easy! The druggiekid, driven to hysteria by her unfulfiled craving for drugs, hurt herself by getting violent and requiring restraint! Did you ever see a misbehavor during open meeting? I did, at Straight and at The seed. It went something like this from the pov of someone 'paying attention' in group on the parents' or clients' side of the room:

First, you hear a disturbance, maybe some yelling, along with the scuffle of one kid being subdued physically by a few others. By the time you turn to look, the kid is on the floor with someone's hand over their mouth or being dragged off to another room by a few kids.

The staff in charge takes the mic and says something like "Well, unfortunately Joe thinks it's OK to try and hurt his fellow group members. But we won't let Joe hurt himself or anyone else cuz we luv him. Right Group?"

(Group, in unison with what sounds like real entheusiasm) "Right, Chris!"

(Staff) "Ok, now let's get back to getting straight!" And the mic goes back to whoever had it, our attention is quickly diverted to the mechanations of the Open Meeting ritual before we've had time to process or digest the disparity between what we just saw and heard and what we were told we saw and heard.

Stewball, this is what brainwashing is all about. They get away with it because the majority of witnesses are either scared shitless of having their own leg broken or they sincerely believe that Marti broke her own leg through her selfish, stubborn and irrational refusal to get with the Program. Never mind that she was a little kid who'd never even seen a really addictive drug outside of her dad's liquor cabinet. And never mind the ugly, sadistic little bastard behind the curtain. We're too busy getting Straight to think about anything else!!! Zippety Fuckin' Dooh Dah! Let's have another song!!

"

Wow, what an accurate description. I sure hope you plan on writing a book, Ginger. You really are a great describer of things. It's been a long time since I?ve sifted through these threads, but for some reason, getting back in touch has been a good thing lately. It puts me through how wrong it was all over again. I still can?t talk about it the way you can.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Pysical Abuse
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2004, 04:54:00 PM »
Thanks!

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
--Albert Einstein

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline twin1.angie

• View Profile
Pysical Abuse
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2004, 11:30:00 PM »
when did straight dallas open? i went in 1/87 with my sister, our brother was already there...all in the family :smile:

Offline aboutagirl

• View Profile
Pysical Abuse
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2004, 10:28:00 AM »
Originally posted by Jen Loar:
"I think it all started with Clayton Williams. Then they got some of the wealthy families here in The Park Cities addicted to that place. Casy Aldridge was one, David Tompkins, Lacy Carlson. I cannot remember them all but for a while HP kids were getting put into Straight like mad."

My intake was fall/winter 1986. I don't remember the exact date, but I do know that all those people were commencing or staff trainees and about to commence.

Sherri and Cameron Riley opened the doors of Dallas/Richardson in 1986 from St. Petersburg, FL.

I don't remember the Director's name. Mr. Deredorf, I think.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
-- Albert Einstein

Offline alicia1981

• View Profile
Pysical Abuse
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2004, 01:58:00 PM »
PLEASE POST your stories about Straight, Inc at http://www.ripoffreport.com. I really think it is a good forum to expose the shady facilities like Straight and potentially keep other kids out of them. I was so shocked to find no reports on these type of facilities at that site!
o to www.ripoffreport.com and expose these abusive businesses

visit www.isaccorp.org to take direct ac