Author Topic: If Parents Are Brainwashed, Where Do Whitmore Alumni Turn?  (Read 7362 times)

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
If Parents Are Brainwashed, Where Do Whitmore Alumni Turn?
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2005, 12:55:00 PM »
Cayo: I do know what you mean. A parent who had her daughter at Whitmore for a year told me  that her daughter's condition is a lot worse at the end of the year, than when first enrolled.  She said Cheryl Sudweeks insisted that the girl was much better, but the parent just did not recognize the positive results.

This parent was confused, in turmoil, until I gave her this analogy.

I asked her: What if your house was "somewhat messed up," and you hired this maid--Cheryl Sudweeks-- from a PROFESSIONAL CLEANING SERVICE to come in and clean house for you:

What if you returned at the end of the day, and this maid, Cheryl, had brought in buckets of dirt and thrown the dirt all over your white carpets? And had thrown all the covers off your made-up beds and soaked them in urine?  What if Cheryl had taken all of your fine China and broken it all over your kitchen floor? What if she had taken a hammer and smashed all of your antique wooden furniture?

And after you walked in and observed all of this damage. How would you react if this hired, supposedly professional person said to you:
"Now isn't everything better?  please pay me."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2005, 12:59:00 PM »
Another thought:

After hearing about the nice work of this "pretend maid, Cheryl"

Do you think Sue Scheff would use this maid, or refer this "maid" to all her nice friends?

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2005, 01:03:00 PM »
That's if you're looking at what Cheryl is doing with these kids from a logical standpoint.  Cheryl is not.  She's not going to see herself as "messing up the house".  She'll see what she does with these kids as loving them.  The end justifies the means.   Sue apparently trusts Cheryl.  Sue wants very badly to be the "voice of reason" in all of this.  I don't think she's doing a good job, you don't, many people don't but SHE DOES.  Cheryl will say that all the people saying these horrible things about her are just "disgruntled druggies" or something to that effect...and she'll believe[/i] it.  You're trying to pull something rational out of people that are nothing but irrational[/b].  

To the extent that a society limits its government to policing functions which curb the individuals who engage in aggressive and criminal actions, and conducts its economic affairs on the basis of free and willing exchange, to that extent domestic peace prevails. When a society departs from this norm, its governing class begins, in effect, to make war upon the rest of the nation. A situation is created in which everyone is victimized by everyone else under the fiction of each living at the expense of all.

--Edmund A. Opitz

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2005, 03:10:00 PM »
Who is to step in and tell these unreasonable, illogical people that they just are not allowed to damage children any longer, then?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2005, 10:34:00 PM »
I read it, and I got it.

If children are placed in these treatment centers, then there is no real protection for them once they are there.

Parents have to keep their kids at home, and find a solution within the framework of their own family.

That is the only way parents can really know what is happening to thier children.

Do not send them to a place like the Whitmore to begin with.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2005, 10:55:00 PM »
How could Cheryl possibly "see what she does with these kids as loving them?"

It is not love to hurt kids, to steal their belongings, to actually spit in their face, to lie to them, to humiliate them, to starve them, to make their friends beat them up,to scream at them, to call them cruel names......

What about any of these behaviors can be associated with love?

To try and say this woman loves is as crazy as she appears to be.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2005, 11:29:00 PM »
On 2005-03-02 10:03:00, Cayo Hueso wrote:

Cheryl will say that all the people saying these horrible things about her are just "disgruntled druggies" or something to that effect...and she'll believe it.

Uh uh  ::noway:: WWASPies, we'd be. And, in all fairness, I fully expect WWASP to try and spin Whitmore's trouble to their advantage. "See? We're not amateurs like those free-lovin' hippies down there in Nephi. We keep control of these kids! (and their damnable, shitty parents). We're the professionals". Either that or we're all just too dumb to realize how WWASP is manipulating us to their advantage.

All that's still going on.

They did have the Whitmore kids accusing Erica, Leah and a few others of being ungreatful, lying, manipulative Program failures. That's all there for your reading pleasure in this forum. But us forum rats? We're all approaching or past 40 and raising kids of our own. That one wouldn't wash wrt us.

But, and I have to say this again cause it made my day, one of the former Whitmore parents posted saying that she'd heard her kid talking w/ current Whitmore kids and apologizing to each other for the harm they'd done and mean things they'd said to and about each other. In light of that, I care less about how the adults in this saga go about gouging each other's eyes out.

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves

--Ronald Reagan

10/80 - 10/82
Anonymity Anonymous
Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2005, 11:37:00 PM »
Antigen!!! How dare you give a bad name to "free-lovin' hippie" by comparing them to those horrible-sounding Sudweeks people!

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2005, 11:38:00 PM »
On 2005-03-02 19:55:00, Anonymous wrote:

"How could Cheryl possibly "see what she does with these kids as loving them?"

Check out some of this video.

http://www.ontheemmis.com/video_archives

Then look around the rest of the site a little. This junkie guru runs half a dozen or more programs in various states. He has real influence over these kids; they believe him. And that probably keeps him convinced that he's something just short of a god. Sure, he's raking in the big bucks. But that's not the primary motivation. Cash is nothing, maybe a trophy, compared to the demonstrated adulation of totally trusting, blind followers.

I've never met Cheryl or Sue, but I suspect, based on what I've read about them, that they operate in substantially the same way.

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.
--Philosopher, Blaise Pascal

10/80 - 10/82
Anonymity Anonymous
Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2005, 11:57:00 PM »
I had a former Whitmore student who has posted on this forum and who said some hateful things directed towards me. But in a private message, this student sent a message to my child which was sincere, kind and important.  It was important to the former student, and to my child.

These are just kids who are/were in a bad situation, and we have to remember exactly WHO put them in this situation--they did not enroll themselves, they did not sign the contracts, and they did not pay the tuition.

No parent sent their child to Whitmore Academy with the expectation that their child would be abused in any manner.  

However these issues of abuse get worked out, parents have to remember that these kids have to still be protected as best the can be throughout the process.

The students at Whitmore learned a true sense of friendship among each other, and some of them formed bonds that will be life long, I am sure.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2005, 12:08:00 AM »
Thank you!  :nworthy: Now that made my day for another day.

Any priest or shaman must be presumed guilty until proven innocent.
--Robert A. Heinlen, American science-ficiton author

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2005, 10:43:00 PM »
One day these kids will realize that what Cherly Sudweeks is doing is not out of love, but is the work of a woman who has very serious problems of her own.

Kids have a way of figuring these kind of things out.