Author Topic: stand ups and VRs  (Read 2723 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
stand ups and VRs
« on: February 26, 2005, 09:25:00 PM »
What was the funniest/stupidest thing you remember getting a vr or stand up for?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
stand ups and VRs
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2005, 11:12:00 PM »
Nothing was funny about getting a haircut ,nor a cowboy kickass nor a general meeting back in those days . Nor going in the ring nor wearing diapers nor getting your haircut off nor being reduced to where you had TAMPOONS DIPPED IN KETSUP STRUNG AROUND YOUR HEAD .Nor having electric sauce laddled all over your body and head .

In fact it was not even funny when the pos were given a baseball bat with instructions that if "you even gave them the slightest hint that you were going to run away they were to beat you to DEATH right on the spot ..,...
...Yeah I guess it would have been hard to keep a straight face while giving a po a haircut for not beating the kid to death AS HOW MARTIN THE KRUGLIK SAID YOU WERE SUPPOSE TO DO IF THE PERSON BEING PO"D BY TWO PEOPLE HAD SPLIT AND YOU DID NOT BEAT THEM TO death with the BASEBALL BAT

When you talk about funny  Gee I did not know you had such a sense of humour .I know of one incident that I would consider Slightly humourous and it invovled a live skunk and a city resident .And lots of #10 cans of tomatoes .

Oops sorry thats another story .That actually is quite funny and probably the only funny story I know about elan during my time .

Matt  74-76

Offline Matt C. Hoffman

• View Profile
stand ups and VRs
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2005, 11:14:00 PM »
The above post is mine just seconds away and I got bumped sorry kids .

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
stand ups and VRs
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2005, 01:20:00 AM »
There were some pretty petty people when I was there who would book you for looking crosseyed, having your feet on the rungs of chair, not giing with "quality", not shaving your legs (who's f***ing business is it!), having hair in your face, smiling too much, dragging your feet when you walked, even farting (on accident!).  Some time into my stay we started having a policy where someone had to "guard" the razors (like someone woudl slit their wrists or something with them) and if they were left unattended for even a moment you were shot down. I'm using "funny" in a lose way of course, but I wish i'd written down some of this stuff while I was there because it would have made a great comedy routine, once you stepped away from it a few years and were done fuming about having to gi your movie because you left your razor in the shower. Sometimes the sheer number of incidents in the book from vindictive and petty people was enough to make even staffs eyes roll.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
stand ups and VRs
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2005, 01:24:00 AM »
Did marty actually instruct people they were supposed to beat people to death? Is that an exaggeration or is that really true from back then? I remember hearing students reference "open violence"(a policy which we did NOT have during my stay there) but "to the death" sounds a little insane.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
stand ups and VRs
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2005, 03:03:00 AM »
i dont kno bout marty,, but gottliebs policy was to lay u down,, face in the corner,, and have 2 pos,, 1 stepping on your neck,, the other holding your legs,, if you  resisted past that,, your were stood up ,, still face to corner,,and givin a few minutes worth of kidney shots.then assumes the original position,,was fairlty effective,, wonder if he picked that up from str8s? or ss

Offline aiiro

• View Profile
stand ups and VRs
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2005, 11:12:00 AM »
I blew a home visit for "wood working", not doing my job with enough gusto I guess. I was going home for easter and as I hadn't made any memories for like a year before that I don't remember the last time I got to see them, probably more than a year. I'd gotten so depressed I could hardly remember what i'd said 5 minutes ago and would go through days in a trance. I guess that made it hard for me to put that extra 10% they were looking for for me to "earn" my visit. Maybe i deserved it by their system,  but I got put there for being depressed and I come out with a "displacement" coping mechanism that I still deal with (things happen like I get lost on the way to school, objects like my keys will dissapear and end up in strange places, I have entire conversations without knowing what i'm talking about -- its getting hard to go through graduate school like this). I'm not saying I wouldn't have become like this if I hadn't gone to Elan, but there are a few alternate options that actually help the thing i'm talking about (I'm going through very expensive therapy right now, hope it works).  I'm glad they took my visit overall because when my parents did get to see me 6 months later they realized I didn't need to be there,  elan was total bs and they took my visit away just because they could. (I did not say any of this to them I just went out with them and had a good time).  they wanted to take me home with them then, but elan insisted I stay another month in order for my parents to "think things over". I'm glad I didn't know I was leaving until 3 days before it happened, I dont' think I could have handled the excitement.

Offline aiiro

• View Profile
stand ups and VRs
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2005, 11:19:00 AM »
I got shot down for razors, I also got shot down for falling asleep on the post which wasn't true, I remember every minute of those hellish nights during the ice storm when we were sleeping in the dining room and it was pitch plack, there was nothing to look at besides the dull red of the exit sign. It was a long time to stare at one thing and I needed to go to sleep so bad but everyone else who was strength was refusing to relieve me so I kept pinching my arm and had my head tilted back so I could see out of two slits at the bottom of my eyes. After all this effort the next morning the power got turned on, i got shot down and IT FELT LIKE A VACATION!!!

Offline aiiro

• View Profile
stand ups and VRs
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2005, 11:24:00 AM »
can I ask what a hair cut is? I dont think we called them that when I was there, we just had VRs, TTs, Blasts, flaming VRs, GMs and the Ring. There wasn't any hands on allowed except in the ring. People were always getting booked for "touching each other on accident", particularly males and females but even if you did it to another female you were supposed to book yourself incase someone else saw you and booked you first, then the penalry would be worse.

Offline MarenD

• View Profile
stand ups and VRs
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2005, 05:44:00 PM »
I got a stand up once for looking in the mirror at my stomach in the girls  bathroom. I thought that was pretty petty.

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
stand ups and VRs
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2005, 05:47:00 PM »
On 2005-02-27 14:44:00, MarenD wrote:

"I got a stand up once for looking in the mirror at my stomach in the girls  bathroom. I thought that was pretty petty. "

It's so creepy to hear such similar language as in my program.  We called it getting 'stood up' too when someone was about to get blasted.

...and in all indictments for libels the jury shall have the right to determine the law and the facts, under the direction of the court, as in other cases.

(Jury nullification. It's not just a good idea, it's the law!)
http://www.legis.state.pa.us/WU01/VC/visitor_info/creating/constitution.htm' target='_new'>Declaration of Rights, PA Constitution

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
stand ups and VRs
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2005, 01:41:00 PM »
To the soul that wanted to know .
kruglik instructed my po's and I can quote him as he gave them the baseball bat . that if he even gives you the hint that he is going to run away you are to beat him to death on the spot .

those words I can never forget .nor the baseball bat .
it is true .

Haircuts were sometimes real as in scissors being in volved .Or you were asked to knock on a door and get ...well all y a'll know that routine .

Does ayone know when they got rid of the primal scream groups ? Now  That was some voodoo doodoo.

Offline Matt C. Hoffman

• View Profile
stand ups and VRs
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2005, 01:46:00 PM »
The above post is mine .either I type too slow or God knows what

Hey Art keep swinging that hammer

Peace

Matt

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
stand ups and VRs
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2005, 02:09:00 PM »
real scissors? what???

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
stand ups and VRs
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2005, 01:23:00 AM »
ya .. primals where  totally fucked up.. unliscened scumbags  digging into minds like yesterdays garbage,,did anyone ever see one that didnt have some fruedian connection?clueless motherfukers like sean fogg boiling everything down to oedipal {sp} complexes and penis envy.. i firmly believe primals were another thing elan gleamed off str8s  and the s.s,,, strip a person down,, layer by layer,, and you can put them back anyway you want,, the state allowing uneducated  junkies to preform this therapy is like  letting a toddler play with an uzi