Author Topic: Florida Supreme Court throws out statue of limitations for a  (Read 1993 times)

Offline wesfager

• View Profile
    • http://www.thestraights.com
Florida Supreme Court throws out statue of limitations for a
« on: February 26, 2005, 05:46:00 PM »
Three years ago the Florida Supreme Court overturned the 4 year statue of limitations in a case where a woman was suing the state for her abuse 20 years ago.  The court ruled that it threw out the statues of limitation because one of the allegations in the suit says "the state concealed facts about the abuse and delayed the filing of the lawsuit."  I've written a statement about how the state of Florida concealed facts about Straight's abuse and I think this is the ammo needed for someone to sue the state of Florida.  My argument is at the following link:

http://drugfreeamericafoundation.blogsp ... -down.html

Wes Fager
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
es Fager
www.thestraights.com

\"If David Miscaviage can go to his deposition as Admiral Farragut, then Keith Henson can go as Bozo the Clown.\"  Wes Fager

Offline Helena Handbasket

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2005, 07:20:00 PM »
On 2005-02-26 14:46:00, wesfager wrote:

"Three years ago the Florida Supreme Court overturned the 4 year statue of limitations in a case where a woman was suing the state for her abuse 20 years ago.  The court ruled that it threw out the statues of limitation because one of the allegations in the suit says "the state concealed facts about the abuse and delayed the filing of the lawsuit."  I've written a statement about how the state of Florida concealed facts about Straight's abuse and I think this is the ammo needed for someone to sue the state of Florida.  My argument is at the following link:

http://drugfreeamericafoundation.blogsp ... -down.html

Wes Fager

"

You know, I'm sure I'm not the only one who's wondered why the Priest scandal can be persued 20 years after the fact.  Is this somehow along the same vein?
uly 21, 2003 - September 17, 2006

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2005, 08:14:00 PM »
On 2005-02-26 16:20:00, ~-=Sara=-~ wrote:

You know, I'm sure I'm not the only one who's wondered why the Priest scandal can be persued 20 years after the fact.  Is this somehow along the same vein?

If I'm not mistaken, I think that has to do with "recovered memories".  As in the statute of limitations doesn't start to roll until the time the memory is "recovered".

This is an interesting point Wes has hit on.  It's at least worth a look.

Religious bondage shackles and debilitates the mind and unfits it for every noble enterprise.
--James Madison, U.S. President

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2005, 08:54:00 PM »
Well, there are a couple of other factors w/ the Catholic Church. First, the institution still exists and still provides priests to parishes. Hell, some of the same priests in question were still working w/ children all these years later. Programs shuffle papers and pretend to dissapear pretty regularly, so it's harder to find a responsible entity to nail down. And the Catholic church is far bigger than the Program, so there are more interested parties.

But this is a new development. I still think that, one day, some on the ball lawyer will find a way to get this done.

Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of human freedom.  It is the argument of the tyrant and the creed of the slave.  
-- William Pitt, 1763

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2005, 11:43:00 PM »
Lets not forget ROSEWOOD,all of those negros that were killed and had their village burnt down in Florida about 75 years ago,they got THEIR day in court too!

Offline `

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2005, 03:46:00 AM »
::bump::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2005, 08:20:00 AM »
Stay tuned . I think there is one of our survivors filing right now in Pineallas County

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2005, 08:42:00 AM »
On 2005-04-12 05:20:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Stay tuned . I think there is one of our survivors filing right now in Pineallas County"

ok    I'll hold my breath