Author Topic: Growing Together - What to do  (Read 17277 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Growing Together - What to do
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2005, 12:22:00 AM »
On 2005-02-25 19:59:00, Anonymous wrote:

but how can anyone speak for the majority of people who went through programs...do you KNOW the majority of people who went through programs?  

I can probably say that I've heard from at least a near majority of people who went through programs AND a) are still alive and b) have taken an interest in the internet.

The Program was at least a significant, usually a major influence on nearly everyone I've heard from. If they have net access and use it for anything at all more than as the 21st century answer to the VCR, at some point they get curious and google their own personal childhood gulag.

Of those, very very few speak favorably of the experience. Even those who are tea totalers, even those who are active and entheusiastic AA memebers and supporters, generally view their Program experience and it's impact on their lives as having been harmful.

Just look around here, check out http://fornits.com/anonanon/ (I try to list all resources as I find them) and follow links from those links. I couldn't possibly control all that content and all those people even if I were a control freak. It's real. Virtually all of the net sites that speak favorably of these programs are either commercial sites w/ a vested interest or government sites w/ a vested interest. All the freelancers--people w/ no incentive but the (perverse? perhaps.) urge to vent come down on the side against coercive rehab.

When we talk to god, it's prayer. When god talks to us, it's schizophrenia.
--Lily Tomlin, American actress

10/80 - 10/82
Anonymity Anonymous
Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Helena Handbasket

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2005, 04:40:00 AM »
On 2005-02-25 20:20:00, Anonymous wrote:

" SO I posted articles about REAL teen deaths involving drug use.  HOW exactly is that worse than the "fear-mongering" of the articles posted about these ABUSIVE and awful programs??   Isn't that what YOU'RE doing, trying to get this mom to RESIST going to GT for help???

Kids at public school are sometime touched inappropriately by teachers/facility, or yelled at, ect. ... should we CLOSE down the schools?!?"

Usually, the offender who touches a kid inappropriately at school gets a criminal trial, and at the very least, is forbidden to teach or work with children.

This didn't happen in the programs.  The best thing people could hope for was a civil suit, IF they were lucky enough or (unlucky enough, when you consider the torture they went through to get it to trial) to get one filed.  

I don't know who else had to pay the piper besides Newton, but I know someone who was swung around by their hair by Queen Petermann herself, and she's never had to answer for it.  Why?  Because at the time of the complaint "This is just another rotten kid looking for attention", and 20 some-odd years later, he still wakes up in the night yelling.

As far as fear mongering is concerned, I agree with Ginger.  Do you show a kid who's learning how to drive how many people died in car wrecks last week? Inundate them with car wreck death reading material?  No, usually we hand kids of age the keys and a little caution, and a little primer on how to check the tires and hope for the best.
uly 21, 2003 - September 17, 2006

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2005, 06:31:00 AM »
Thank you Ginger.  A voice of reason.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2005, 02:10:00 PM »
On 2005-02-25 16:54:00, ~-=Sara=-~ wrote:

"

Can you please inform me on law suits with LIFE Inc.?"

I wasn't aware of any suits against LIFE.  Anyone?
"

Yes there were several law suits against LIFE. Noboby talks about this because it was kept so far under the carpet. I think the only people that woould have much information on this would be the higher staff such as Peggy, Wendy West, Sammy Blanco, Cherie Miller or Ms. Pete herself. Maybe we can get one of them to post about this or just about thier feelings for GT today. Good luck...

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2005, 02:35:00 PM »
Anybody who's in the area can go down to the courthouse and ask about searching the court archives. They'll charge you something for the search and something for each page that you want printed out. Also, you can contact the local papers and do the same thing there. It's usually not too, too expensive. I think I paid Broward County $35 for the search and $1 or $2 per printed page and I had to do the search on microfisch myself. Miami Herald charged me $135, I think, for the search and around 20 articles, some of them spanning a few pages.

If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.

--Thomas Jefferson

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2005, 06:49:00 PM »
On 2005-02-26 11:35:00, Antigen wrote:

"Anybody who's in the area can go down to the courthouse and ask about searching the court archives. They'll charge you something for the search and something for each page that you want printed out. Also, you can contact the local papers and do the same thing there. It's usually not too, too expensive. I think I paid Broward County $35 for the search and $1 or $2 per printed page and I had to do the search on microfisch myself. Miami Herald charged me $135, I think, for the search and around 20 articles, some of them spanning a few pages.

If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.

--Thomas Jefferson

"

Actually anyone can search the official records from anywhere:

http://www.sarasotaclerk.com  -- go to "Online services" then "Official Records"

also, you can search statewide official records at: http://www.myfloridacounty.com

I tried earlier, but both sites were down for maintenance.  What timing! :grin:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2005, 06:55:00 PM »
Wow, this is some more great information. We should all celebrate, what do you say. Come on everyone, lets have a song! :smile: ! :smile: !

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2005, 06:59:00 PM »
On 2005-02-26 15:55:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Wow, this is some more great information. We should all celebrate, what do you say. Come on everyone, lets have a song! :smile: ! :smile: !"

Ok, but I'm not motivating for it.  I suggest "Isolation" by Beth Hart, or "You're with Stupid Now" by Aimee Mann... or maybe "All Over Now"  :grin:

Lyrics:
Isolation: http://www.seeklyrics.com/lyrics/Beth-H ... ation.html

You're With Stupid:  http://lyrics.net.ua/song/89319

(Also see "Sugarcoated" and "It's Not Safe")

All over now:  http://www.seeklyrics.com/lyrics/Aimee- ... r-Now.html

And turn on those popup blockers... lyrics sites SUCK these days!

and that's not very long"

- Ani DiFranco[ This Message was edited by: ~-=Sara=-~ on 2005-02-26 16:06 ]

Offline Let's Have A Song!

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2005, 07:08:00 PM »
Alright, you don't have to motivate, but I think we should set the mood by starting off with The Rose.

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2005, 07:50:00 PM »
On 2005-02-26 16:08:00, Let's Have A Song! wrote:

"Alright, you don't have to motivate, but I think we should set the mood by starting off with The Rose."

Why don't we keep the mood here focused, and move any more songs to Frod's forum, mmmkay?

http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... m=33#79556

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2005, 10:35:00 PM »
darren here...so i am an anomoly. kinda neat! :grin:

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2005, 11:31:00 PM »
On 2005-02-26 19:35:00, Anonymous wrote:

"darren here...so i am an anomoly. kinda neat! :grin: "

Right, Darren... it's all about you.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2005, 11:32:00 PM »
On 2005-02-26 11:10:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-02-25 16:54:00, ~-=Sara=-~ wrote:

"

Can you please inform me on law suits with LIFE Inc.?"

I wasn't aware of any suits against LIFE.  Anyone?

"

Yes there were several law suits against LIFE. Noboby talks about this because it was kept so far under the carpet. I think the only people that woould have much information on this would be the higher staff such as Peggy, Wendy West, Sammy Blanco, Cherie Miller or Ms. Pete herself. Maybe we can get one of them to post about this or just about thier feelings for GT today. Good luck..."

SEVERAL law suits, you say?  Please clue us in.  You must know something if you stated this.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2005, 11:35:00 PM »
On 2005-02-26 15:49:00, ~-=Sara=-~ wrote:

"

"Anybody who's in the area can go down to the courthouse and ask about searching the court archives. They'll charge you something for the search and something for each page that you want printed out. Also, you can contact the local papers and do the same thing there. It's usually not too, too expensive. I think I paid Broward County $35 for the search and $1 or $2 per printed page and I had to do the search on microfisch myself. Miami Herald charged me $135, I think, for the search and around 20 articles, some of them spanning a few pages.

--Thomas Jefferson

"

http://www.sarasotaclerk.com  -- go to "Online services" then "Official Records"

also, you can search statewide official records at: http://www.myfloridacounty.com

I tried earlier, but both sites were down for maintenance.  What timing! :grin:"

I'm afraid your info. is old.  Clerk of Court records were taken OFF internet sites at least a year ago.  You DO have to GO to the Records office to get that info.

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2005, 11:44:00 PM »
On 2005-02-26 20:35:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-02-26 15:49:00, ~-=Sara=-~ wrote:

"

--Thomas Jefferson

"

I tried earlier, but both sites were down for maintenance.  What timing! :grin:"

I'm afraid your info. is old.  Clerk of Court records were taken OFF internet sites at least a year ago.  You DO have to GO to the Records office to get that info."

All official records are available and viewable as of this past Friday.  Dockets, Family-related and military related were taken offline over a year ago.  Official records are still viewable as long as they're not family court related.