Author Topic: Growing Together - What to do  (Read 17497 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Growing Together - What to do
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2005, 11:13:00 AM »
On 2005-02-24 16:23:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-02-24 16:15:00, dbucfan wrote:

"" but I can tell you the majority of us who went through these programs have problems even today because of them and it usually takes years for all the memories during our incareceration to surface."

Correction: the majority of people ON THIS SITE still have problems even today. I am one of the ones who didnt like going through the program(life) but it helped and worked for me...i appreciated my family and everything i had soo much while in and after i 7th stepped. It was definately a good thing for me and my family. :grin:  

"

IMPORTANT point.  Majority of people ON THIS SITE.  Please note that.  (Good call dbuc)

As for the programs having different names, um, it's a legality thing with ANY business.  You can't take a name that's already there, unless it's a chain."

Not true, they change names once they start having too many investigations and lawsuits! KHK is still Straight. Same building. Pathways is still Straight. Different building, but same staff from Straight.

As far as only people that post on this site having problems I would say that is untrue as well. I know plenty of people that don't post here that are scarred from these places.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2005, 11:15:00 AM »

"" but I can tell you the majority of us who went through these programs have problems even today because of them and it usually takes years for all the memories during our incareceration to surface."

Correction: the majority of people ON THIS SITE still have problems even today. I am one of the ones who didnt like going through the program(life) but it helped and worked for me...i appreciated my family and everything i had soo much while in and after i 7th stepped. It was definately a good thing for me and my family. :grin:  

"

Why must kids be stripped of their rights to gain appreciation for their family? Should I starve myself to gain my appreciation for food as well?

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2005, 12:41:00 PM »
On 2005-02-23 19:35:00, concerned mother wrote:

"I recently visited GT and was trying to decide if it was right for my son.  He needs help .... before he throws away his life.  If anyone out there has a suggestion other than GT let me know.

As men's prayers are a disease of the will, so are their creeds a disease of the intellect.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson, American essayist, poet, philosopher

"

This is very vague.   What specific behaviors are you concerned about?  All you've said is that you're worried he'll throw his life away and that you'd like to see him realize his full potential.  I can't tell you how many times I've worried about those very things in my own children who are now 17 and 19, but there's a wide spectrum there.  Sometimes I was worried because of something as serious as drug abuse, others it was just that grades were shitty and they were "seriously" dating real losers.  What has prompted you to seek a solution that involves placing him somewhere?  What are the alternatives you've either tried or researched?

To be an atheist requires strength of mind and goodness of heart found in not one of a thousand.
--Samuel Taylor Coleridge, English poet, critic, journalist, philosopher

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2005, 05:25:00 PM »
Not true, they change names once they start having too many investigations and lawsuits! KHK is still Straight. Same building. Pathways is still Straight. Different building, but same staff from Straight.

As far as only people that post on this site having problems I would say that is untrue as well. I know plenty of people that don't post here that are scarred from these places."
[/quote]

Can you please inform me on law suits with LIFE Inc.?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2005, 05:36:00 PM »
On 2005-02-24 18:58:00, Anonymous wrote:

"  And you could also read these:

The trouble w/ all the fear mongering has much to do w/ the hypocrites who are pushing it.

The perception of marijuana as a dangerous drug is diminishing because the people who are answering the surveys these days actually know something about it. Damned near everyone who's grown up since the `60's has used it and known plenty of other people who have used it either a lot or a little and we've seen the actual effects and results.

Now, you sit a 13yo kid down and start lecturing them on how dangerous all drugs are and he's likely to get bored and irritated with you. So how do we respond? Why, we slap some bogous diagnosis on him and try and force him to take powerful amphetamines in order to "cure" his attention deficite "disorder". Hello! The kid's not disordered! You're just boring! Deal with it!

The age of ignorance commenced with the Christian system.
--Thomas Paine, American revolutionary

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2005, 06:42:00 PM »
nyo

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2005, 06:44:00 PM »
how stupid that bag-head is
:wstupid:

Offline Helena Handbasket

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2005, 07:51:00 PM »
A group of licensed medical professional's stance on child and adolescent "treatment"

http://www.ispn-psych.org/docs/99childrens-rights.pdf
uly 21, 2003 - September 17, 2006

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2005, 07:54:00 PM »
Can you please inform me on law suits with LIFE Inc.?"

I wasn't aware of any suits against LIFE.  Anyone?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2005, 10:56:00 PM »
On 2005-02-25 08:15:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"

Why must kids be stripped of their rights to gain appreciation for their family? Should I starve myself to gain my appreciation for food as well?"
in my case i am alive and happy because i never appreciated the things i had and thought that being a fuck-up was the way to go...i went through... learned a lot about myself...and i am one happy SOB. it worked for me...but i must add that i was never abused or felt like me missing TV and phone or privacy was the end of th world...so i cant speak for the abused folks.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2005, 10:59:00 PM »
On 2005-02-25 08:13:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-02-24 16:23:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"

IMPORTANT point.  Majority of people ON THIS SITE.  Please note that.  (Good call dbuc)

As for the programs having different names, um, it's a legality thing with ANY business.  You can't take a name that's already there, unless it's a chain."

As far as only people that post on this site having problems I would say that is untrue as well. I know plenty of people that don't post here that are scarred from these places."
but how can anyone speak for the majority of people who went through programs...do you KNOW the majority of people who went through programs? :???:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2005, 11:00:00 PM »
Sorry the above two were me!
D.

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2005, 11:03:00 PM »
in my case i am alive and happy because i never appreciated the things i had and thought that being a fuck-up was the way to go...i went through... learned a lot about myself...and i am one happy SOB. it worked for me...but i must add that i was never abused or felt like me missing TV and phone or privacy was the end of th world...so i cant speak for the abused folks."

How old were you went in?  How do you explain the kids that did the same things you did (mouthing off at your parents, etc), and grew up and found themselves without a program?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2005, 11:20:00 PM »
SO I posted articles about REAL teen deaths involving drug use.  HOW exactly is that worse than the "fear-mongering" of the articles posted about these ABUSIVE and awful programs??   Isn't that what YOU'RE doing, trying to get this mom to RESIST going to GT for help???

Kids at public school are sometime touched inappropriately by teachers/facility, or yelled at, ect. ... should we CLOSE down the schools?!?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2005, 12:16:00 AM »
On 2005-02-25 20:20:00, Anonymous wrote:

" SO I posted articles about REAL teen deaths involving drug use.  HOW exactly is that worse than the "fear-mongering" of the articles posted about these ABUSIVE and awful programs??

Most kids who's parents are freaking out over their (the parents') loss of control of them (the kids) are over-reacting. They easily fall prey to any charismatic salesman who offer some bogus cure. And, unless they happen to know someone who's been through this type of 'treatment', they never get the other side of the story.

The treatment, in this case, seems to be a lot more dangerous than typical teen rebellion, even when it involves drugs; even when the drugs involved are illegal. So damned many suicides, so damned many lifelong substance abuse and other psyche problems among program graduates. So few among our "olddruggiefriends".

If we don't tell them, who will? You? Hell no! You refuse to even look at the evidence yourself!

"NO" is just one word; not enough information there. If your kid won't believe you when you tell them that opiates are addictive or that meth is very dangerous, it's too late for you. You've already lost your credibility. It's not too late for them, though. Just check carefully any proffered "cure" for your problem. Don't assume that, just because they talk a good talk, they're any better than heroin. Often times, they're not.

It may be that our role on this planet is not to worship God, but to create him.
--Arthur C. Clarke, author

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes