Author Topic: any info???  (Read 5235 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
any info???
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2005, 11:45:00 AM »
I am the same anon who posted above:

I want to be as forthcoming as possible and say my post above is a bit extreme....I was wrong to attack the anon above.  I shoulodn't have called you a hypocrite, and I shouldn't have said fuck you.  

There is a part of me that was also standing up for myself which I would never apologise for.  

There are definately better ways of standing up for myself.

So if there is anything else I can do to make this right please let me know.  

You know I used to use my name on this thing and that was so horrible anonymous people using my name saying yeah I know you ________, we went to MMS together and then not revealing themselves at all so I have remained anonymous ever since... and I think its less productive.  

ANyways I guess my point is that I went to MMS just like everyone who has posted before me!  And whether or not I don't agree or just obstain from what some people say, urge and plea as the requirement for memebership here, is crap I think.

Everyone is welcome here, Everyone, and especially anyone who went to MMS.  And this is what I think about the brainwashing thing:

As you all read my definaition is a completely different view of this term, and it is a view none the less.  No one at MMS told me my religion was wrong, and I needed to accept theres.  

What I accepted there was a mirror to many different ways of looking at life.  

The way I used the term Brain washing was in the sense that,  I just thought one way when  I got there, and I hadn't tapped into anything new in a while, and I was pig headed, and stubborn.  So when I say my brain neeeded to be washed it did, I did need to let go of everything for a period of time and you know what everything that I let go of that I was scared of losing, that really meant something to me, ended up coming back to me down the road----I am not a Mission Mountain Atom-Atom.  I am me......I remember when  I brought this idea up in group and said that I didn't want to be this----And I am not even if I am nuetral about my experience there.  Its taken time and alot of work to get over my ideas about MMS---and its like this website has been a conclusion to all of that, I don't feel so heated about what happened to me, what I was entitled to and what shouldn't have happened.  I have definately felt a lot of compasionf or girls on this website that have had things happened to them, that your really hurting over......and you know what I have had a lot of the same feelings----and again my point

Is that we are all from the same place.....And I don't represent John, or Mike or the "poor deluded soul that just doesn't get it yet"  My experience may have been different,  but I have had the same feelings and thoughts, SO please don't write me off has the poore deluded souls section, because that is abusive.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
any info???
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2005, 11:45:00 AM »
I am the same anon who posted above:

I want to be as forthcoming as possible and say my post above is a bit extreme....I was wrong to attack the anon above.  I shoulodn't have called you a hypocrite, and I shouldn't have said fuck you.  

There is a part of me that was also standing up for myself which I would never apologise for.  

There are definately better ways of standing up for myself.

So if there is anything else I can do to make this right please let me know.  

You know I used to use my name on this thing and that was so horrible anonymous people using my name saying yeah I know you ________, we went to MMS together and then not revealing themselves at all so I have remained anonymous ever since... and I think its less productive.  

ANyways I guess my point is that I went to MMS just like everyone who has posted before me!  And whether or not I don't agree or just obstain from what some people say, urge and plea as the requirement for memebership here, is crap I think.

Everyone is welcome here, Everyone, and especially anyone who went to MMS.  And this is what I think about the brainwashing thing:

As you all read my definaition is a completely different view of this term, and it is a view none the less.  No one at MMS told me my religion was wrong, and I needed to accept theres.  

What I accepted there was a mirror to many different ways of looking at life.  

The way I used the term Brain washing was in the sense that,  I just thought one way when  I got there, and I hadn't tapped into anything new in a while, and I was pig headed, and stubborn.  So when I say my brain neeeded to be washed it did, I did need to let go of everything for a period of time and you know what everything that I let go of that I was scared of losing, that really meant something to me, ended up coming back to me down the road----I am not a Mission Mountain Atom-Atom.  I am me......I remember when  I brought this idea up in group and said that I didn't want to be this----And I am not even if I am nuetral about my experience there.  Its taken time and alot of work to get over my ideas about MMS---and its like this website has been a conclusion to all of that, I don't feel so heated about what happened to me, what I was entitled to and what shouldn't have happened.  I have definately felt a lot of compasionf or girls on this website that have had things happened to them, that your really hurting over......and you know what I have had a lot of the same feelings----and again my point

Is that we are all from the same place.....And I don't represent John, or Mike or the "poor deluded soul that just doesn't get it yet"  My experience may have been different,  but I have had the same feelings and thoughts, SO please don't write me off has the poore deluded souls section, because that is abusive.

Offline katfish

• View Profile
    • http://www.cafety.org
any info???
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2005, 02:02:00 PM »
i get it.

MMS definitely laid out a different way of thinking for me too.  In some ways that was good-I've always said I love the nature part of the program and the way we were taugh to appreciate the outside- also the confidnece I gained in doing outdoor stuff.  Pretty cool b/c I became more confident with respect to that kind of stuff- that changes you thinking, kind of.  My feeling is exposure to different ideas is always a good thing.

So you understand what the brain washing bit above is al about, I felt forced to accept certain ideas, that's where i see the brain washing bit comes in, but not the way you explain it, anon.  It's just the forceful part that I have a probelm with- not even necc. all the ideas.  Know what I mean?

I see what your saying, I would like to say that I definitely needed a good reworking of my beleifs about the world, but what I can't say is that those were taught to me at MMS.  Mostly they have come to my just living my life and learning through much trial and error- getting to know myself better and most importantly distancing myself from my family.  
At MMS I felt there was also a lot of discerpency between what we were taught and the role model John provided for us.  On the one hand we were taught to follow the 12 steps, let go and let god, all that stuff, but John was very controlling and aggressive-  I don't think there was consistency there.  I haven't reallly thought all that part through, but that's just one example.
12 steps is also a program that can't be forced, and yet... does that make sense, anon?

best, kat
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead