Author Topic: Modernization of theStraights dot com  (Read 3160 times)

Offline wesfager

• View Profile
    • http://www.thestraights.com
Modernization of theStraights dot com
« on: February 21, 2005, 07:29:00 PM »
We've been used by journalists  from around the world (including most recently Montel Williams,  New Times and another  writer that I can not yet disclose)  as a resource to tell the story about theStraights.  Since our reporting covers so many areas these days like WWASPS, PumpGate, corruption in Pinellas County, Miller Newton, Bush's crazy faith-based initiative, Republican Party (and money and support to rehabs), ScientologyTM, DFAF, Mel and Betty, second-generation Straights and more,   we have had to take actions to reorgainze our presentation layer for ease of use by our readers and researchers.  Thus we have implemented four major modernization efforts:  

1. Our web page has been completely redesigned and modernized.  

2. We added Pico Search to help users find material easier.  

3. We have updated and reprinted many major reports and studies on  media resources with bigger audiences like Tamp Bay Independent Media and Center for Media & Democracy's Source Watch

4. We have gone to blogs.  For now we have three blogs:  

Florida's Royal Court at http://www.floridas6thcircuit.blogspot.com/
eye on Pinellas County at http://www.pinellascounty.blogspot.com/
Drug Free America Foundation at http://drugfreeamericafoundation.blogspot.com/
You do not have to remember their links as you can reach them from  http://www.theStraights.com by going down the right side and selecting the  blog you want from the orange blog area.  New blogs will have the expression "new date" in red by the title.  For now on articles of major importance will be headlined under Headline News on http://www.theStraights.com as usual.  Lesser articles will just be headlined in the orange blog area.  

At the end of each blog article there is a "time" of posting.   By clicking on time you can get the url for that  particular article so you can save it for future reference or to link to in an email.  Also at the end of each blog is a place to email that blog to an associate.  

Thank you,

Wes Fager
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
es Fager
www.thestraights.com

\"If David Miscaviage can go to his deposition as Admiral Farragut, then Keith Henson can go as Bozo the Clown.\"  Wes Fager

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2005, 08:58:00 AM »
...and you eliminated the direct link to the L.I.F.E. chat room.
I wonder why.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005, 09:27:00 AM »
Because Wes obviously has some huge, secret hidden agenda with regards to LIFE.   I bet he hates all the LIFErs.  I bet he doesn't even believe that there was any abuse there.  Hell, he's probably even personally out to get you and all the rest of the LIFE survivors.  Wait, omg, this whole Straight Survivors thing with him is probably just a put on.  It's probably some secret society that he has formed in order to make all the LIFE people feel left out. :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Get over this, it's really getting old.

Offline Helena Handbasket

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2005, 09:20:00 PM »
On 2005-02-25 05:58:00, Anonymous wrote:

"...and you eliminated the direct link to the L.I.F.E. chat room.

I wonder why."

When was there a direct link to a LIFE chat room?  Where did it link to?   :???:
uly 21, 2003 - September 17, 2006

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2005, 01:07:00 PM »
maybe it's because LIFE was NOT Straight, and too many people from Life said it was affective, not abusive.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2005, 02:40:00 PM »
On 2005-02-26 10:07:00, Anonymous wrote:

" maybe it's because LIFE was NOT Straight, and too many people from Life said it was affective, not abusive."

Well, I will certainly agree that the Program by any name is affective!  :rofl: (buy yourself a dictionary for your unbirthday)

First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0826400035/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'> Gandhi

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2005, 03:11:00 PM »
On 2005-02-26 10:07:00, Anonymous wrote:

" maybe it's because LIFE was NOT Straight, and too many people from Life said it was affective, not abusive."

'cause they're still brainwashed.  Give them some time, they'll figure it out.

Offline wesfager

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2005, 06:04:00 PM »
One other change we made was to try to make the page smaller  so that it will load quicker, and so that it will be more readable.  We did not remove links to any forums (and if we did it was by accident).  What we did do was to limit ourselves to "direct" links to only three forums.  Two on thestraights (of which LIFE fits into that model) and one on ScientologyTM.  There is a fourth link "other forums" and LIFE, KIDS, et. al. are in there.  

We don't expect that links to these forums from our page are being used as jump off points for our readers into the forums--rather we want to alert new readers that there are forums for their specific experiences.  

So the writer is correct in stating that the "direct" link has been removed, but unfortunately the intent was missed by the writer.  If people are saying they are using theStraights.com as a jump off point into forums  then we will rethink our design.

Wes
es Fager
www.thestraights.com

\"If David Miscaviage can go to his deposition as Admiral Farragut, then Keith Henson can go as Bozo the Clown.\"  Wes Fager

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2005, 11:39:00 PM »
Thanks for clearing that one up Mr Wes.
Your old front page had a direct link to L.I.F.E chat room.It was small,but at least a person could have seen the word "L.I.F.E." just by looking at your front page,an honorable mention so to speak,but that word no longer exists on your front page,so I believe there is now LESS available information about L.I.F.E visible on your front page than in the past.
You have culled L.I.F.E. from your front page.
Petermann was abusing and torturing children at L.I.F.E. as well as straight.
Straight is the famous "Auschwitz" of programs,but L.I.F.E is reduced to being the lesser known "Nord Hausen" of programs.
Petermann is the "Hitler" of both L.I.F.E. and Straight programs,so both should have equal billing on your front page,along with any other programs,regardless of the name.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2005, 12:50:00 AM »
Lets get this straight Wes.
You kept the direct link to BUSH ON PHYSICAL FITNESS (endearing interactive animated cartoon of Bush)but you trashed the link to L.I.F.E. chat in order to "clean up" your front page?
You are pathetic!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2005, 06:04:00 AM »
Thanks for RESTORING the L.I.F.E. chat link to your front page!
I just knew that if I made personal insults to you here that you would see things my way.
I first made GOOGLE search about L.I.F.E. and found NOTHING,then I searched "Straight" and found lots of information in the internet.
Petermann and others tortured many children and their parents at L.I.F.E. as well as Straight,but it seems the whole world knows nothing about L.I.F.E.,and the sicko building contractors (Earl Collins Paving,Dooley Mack Construction (There is currently a "Dooley Mack" sign in front of the Eckerd Youth Camp in Brooksville Florida,I guess building more child torture chambers for profit)and others)who built L.I.F.E. to make money.
The link to L.I.F.E. chat room is the ONLY mention of L.I.F.E. on a cover page in the entire
world wide web.I know there were more than L.I.F.E. and Straight,but its important to know HOW L.I.F.E. was started from Sarasota Straight people,and where the trail of money leads.
There were TWO L.I.F.E. programs in Sarasota/Osprey Florida.The first L.I.F.E. was started in Osprey in an old gay bar with about a dozen children,then across the street the new modern building was built and could hold hundreds of people.The scumbag building contractors involved are still around and need to (will)pay for their crimes.
I telephoned the Venice Hospital and asked them for my L.I.F.E. records,they told me to telephone the Sarasota County School Board,and I did.A lady answered the telephone and when I mentioned "The L.I.F.E. Program" she told me without hesitation that I should telephone to Mr.(I forget his name,but Ive written it down somewhere),a Sarasota archetecht/building contractor and she gave me his telephone number without hesitation!I telephoned and I spoke to him and told him that I was interested in finding my records from L.I.F.E. and he said that I should contact Mrs Helen Petersenn and he gave me an email address ([email protected]).I told him that I felt uncomfortable to contact her because I suffered abuse at L.I.F.E.,and he said to me "Well,you know you all deserved it".I was astonished by his comment to me.Now I have found his Siesta Key Sarasota homes and I am going to burn them to the ground,hopefully with him and his family inside.

Offline wesfager

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2005, 06:52:00 AM »
[ This Message was edited by: wesfager on 2005-02-27 05:51 ]
es Fager
www.thestraights.com

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2005, 07:08:00 AM »
I LOVE IT when you stand up on your hind legs like that,Mr Wes!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2005, 07:46:00 AM »
No No No.
The "Bush On Physical Fitness" cartoon only makes people smile when they see it.It is as if Bush has a sense of humor about himself.Its an ENDEARING cartoon,not educational material.
You need to get some real scary photos of the Bushie and get rid of that stupid dancing Bush.
Do YOU look at it every day and play with it?I think NO.So why do you want new participants to your website to look at it and say "Awww how cute,that Bush is not such a bad guy after all".
It was 3 years ago when I told you to take that damn stupid Chinese flag (Im actually posting this from The Peoples Republic Of China)off of the photo of group session in progress,and finaly you did take it off.You were DEFACING a rare photo of group in session,so it was usless for me to use to educate anyone about the program.
Now its the Dancing Bush thing,you are not helping anyone with that one.Maybe there IS a place for humor on the website,but anything that falsly makes Bush look like a nice guy should GO.That Dancing Bush is an endearing image of Bush and its not an accurate record of history.
Show us some GENUINE photos of Bush dancing and playing sports if you want that sort of laugh.
Domo Arigato Mr WesBoto.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2005, 09:38:00 AM »
Wes,you edited your reply to me.
Why?
I though you made your point clear.
What did you write in your post that you changed your position on?