Author Topic: How to get help  (Read 1828 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
How to get help
« on: February 27, 2005, 03:26:00 PM »
How do I get therapy with no medical insurance and not enough money to pay for it?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Dr. Miller Newton

• View Profile
How to get help
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2005, 04:13:00 PM »
You can receive all of the therapy that you need and more in the all new, faith-based, all-ages Straight Inc, v2.0. :wave:

We are willing to work your financial situation.

Love ya,
VMN
Teenage Drug Use Is A Disease

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
How to get help
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2005, 05:37:00 PM »
I suppose it depends on what kind of therapy you want. Me? In that situation, I'd go to the library and read up on the topic. It's free (well, no it's not, but you've already paid for it). And all a good therapist really does anyway is help you figure things out, right? What's the difference whether they do it in person in their office or in writing?

A drug is neither moral nor immoral - it's a chemical compound. The compound itself is not a menace to society until a human being treats it as if consumption bestowed a temporary license to act like an asshole.
--Frank Zappa

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline beth1222

• View Profile
How to get help
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2005, 09:57:00 PM »
You can also contact the state (Medicaid or insurance for low income families) depending on your income its either free or very cheap.  Also, you can start contacting therapists because alot of them will put you on a payment plan.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
How to get help
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2005, 10:04:00 PM »
Newton poser-
this proves that you are much more of a piece of shit than the real Virgil ever was.  Here is a real person asking for help and you continue to play games.  All of us have been there, yet hopefully none of us got the same kick in the teeth.  A bag of shit such as yourself assumes dumbass roles to fuck around, but when you fuck with someone asking for help, it underscores your meager worth as a human being.  

I wish more ill upon you
than I do Miller himself.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
How to get help
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2005, 10:31:00 PM »
On 2005-02-27 12:26:00, Anonymous wrote:

"How do I get therapy with no medical insurance and not enough money to pay for it?"

You shop around for therapists who work on a sliding scale. Some cities have a public mental health center that works on a sliding scale already. Are you seeking psychology or psychiatry or both? Sometimes you have to look a while, but they're out there.  :tup:

Best of luck to you.

Offline Dr Fucktard

• View Profile
How to get help
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2005, 10:44:00 PM »
Newton poser-
this proves that you are much more of a piece of shit than the real Virgil ever was. Here is a real person asking for help and you continue to play games. All of us have been there, yet hopefully none of us got the same kick in the teeth. A bag of shit such as yourself assumes dumbass roles to fuck around, but when you fuck with someone asking for help, it underscores your meager worth as a human being.

I wish more ill upon you
than I do Miller himself.

Yeah- it's kind of like he's saying "fuck you" to the group isn't it? :flame: :rofl: :rofl:

Looks like someone lost their sense of humor somewhere.. :wave:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
How to get help
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2005, 11:32:00 PM »
If you live near a university many have couseling programs that are on a sliding scale. Also call your local crisis center for resources or your local Community Mental Health agency.

Offline `

• View Profile
How to get help
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2005, 11:51:00 PM »
On 2005-02-27 12:26:00, Anonymous wrote:

"How do I get therapy with no medical insurance and not enough money to pay for it?"

if things are rough and you want to talk to someone, pm me. i bet there are other people on this forum who would talk to you as well.

(i'm not a therapist)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
How to get help
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2005, 01:48:00 PM »
Yeah, it's not a bad idea to seek council informally from friends. But bear in mind that the 'tie that binds' us is that we were all exposed to the same toxic cult. Some of us are even more fucked up than most shrinks, and in my view that's sayin' something. But I'd be happy to get to know you and if there's something I can say help, well all the better. But, in all honesty, either way it's sort of a crap shoot.

Distrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful.
--Friedrich Nietzsche

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline RTP2003

• View Profile
How to get help
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2005, 02:11:00 PM »
On 2005-02-27 19:04:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Newton poser-

this proves that you are much more of a piece of shit than the real Virgil ever was.  Here is a real person asking for help and you continue to play games.

How is that?  All the 'Newton poser' is doing is joking around on a wed forum.  How that compares to overseeing the abuse of 200 kids at a time, for years on end, is a mystery to me.  Care to enlighten us to the similarities?

All of us have been there, yet hopefully none of us got the same kick in the teeth.  A bag of shit such as yourself assumes dumbass roles to fuck around, but when you fuck with someone asking for help, it underscores your meager worth as a human being.

Again, I fail to see how the "Newton poser" has damaged anyone or anything by his post.  Lighten up.

I wish more ill upon you

than I do Miller himself."

You humanitarian, you!

To me, you have merely put your ignorance on display.  I think I would post anonymously, too, if I were that dense.  Jesus Christ, you're comparing what is essentially a cartoon character with the "real" Virgil, and you hate the cartoon worse?  Now THAT'S fucked up.....
RTP2003 fought in defense of the Old Republic

Offline `

• View Profile
How to get help
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2005, 02:55:00 PM »