Author Topic: Breaking news  (Read 7594 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Breaking news
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2005, 12:28:00 PM »
A very mis-informed parent posted on this site yesterday that the Attorney General had dropped charges against the Sudweeks.

This is NOT TRUE.

The Attorney Generals office is handling the civil matters in this case and is still investigating the Sudweeks for fraud, etc.

The Sudweeks are still being criminally investigated for  child abuse against the boy and for sexual abuse against the girl.

People who wish to be informed for themselves, can call the authorites---the Nephi Police, the County Attorney, the Attorney Generals office.
These authorities will talk to concerned parents and citizens.

The investigations are still active and on-going.

And the Whitmore Academy has not been "closed down," because we do live in the United States of America; and people are considered innocent until charged, and tried in a court of law and proven otherwise.  That is just how it works.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Breaking news
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2005, 12:43:00 PM »
Thanks for the updates!

IF the charges are true, let's hope the victim's voices will be heard and the perps are given a sentence that is appropriate to punishing them for abusing defenseless children.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Breaking news
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2005, 12:16:00 AM »
isn't mrs. harris a teach of some sort?

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
Breaking news
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2005, 01:13:00 AM »
[ This Message was edited by: Joyce Harris on 2006-04-01 12:03 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Breaking news
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2005, 11:48:00 AM »
Hear the Sudweeks are taking the kiddos down to Mexico for "travel study."  RIGHT!

Also hear some of the Whitmore parents are concerned about the legalities of the Sudweeks taking their kids out of the country while the investigation is going on.

If these parents are concerned:
Why don't they #1 call their attorney and ask if it is OK for people who are under investigation for FRAUD, ABUSE, etc to take their kids out of the United States?

or #2 call the Attorney General or Nephi Police and ask if this is OK?

or #3 call the Sudweeks and say: "Hey, this doesn't sound like a really good idea...don't take my kid out of the country until this matter is cleared up."

Or better yet:  Why are these parents allowing people who are under investigation for child abuse to be in charge of their kids PERIOD?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Breaking news
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2005, 03:19:00 PM »
After the travel study trip, Next comes Whitmore Graduation.  What a Joke that is!

What until these parents figure out the DIPLOMA means absolutely NOTHING. And their poor kid will have to take the GED, and at best will MAYBE get accepted on "probation" into their neighborhood Community College....this is IF they can pass the GED with the knowlege they had prior to  their year at the fine Whitmore Academy.

You do know that most colleges and universities only accept high school transcripts from "fully accredited" schools, don't you?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Breaking news
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2005, 03:42:00 PM »
Sure hope the new Principal/Administrator Mr. Tom Hudson doesn't take it upon himself to stamp those diplomas or transcripts with a great big
FULLY ACCREDITED Stamp!!

The Superintendent, Dr. Patti Harrington of Utah Office of Education is having Whitmore Academy's "candidacy status" of accreditation audited for "fraud, abuse and waste."

Understand Mr. Hudson formerly worked at the Utah Office of Education himself--he'd know better than THAT, now wouldn't he?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Breaking news
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2005, 10:59:00 PM »
The trip to Mexico. Lots of bad things happen to kids on some of these trips. It's not always just fun and games. Remember that.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Breaking news
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2005, 11:56:00 PM »
In my child's own words,"Tt was bad Mom, really bad."  There was sex, drugs, alcohol and physical abuse.  Several kids were physically punished by other kids for misbehaving.  My child witnesses another child get his nose smashed by another kid.  Others were punched, kicked and hit for "smoking pot" or "having sex" or "getting drunk."  What in the world would you expect with 40 kids/teens turned lose that are heavily monitored at all times while at The Whitmore.  

I have also heard that several kids were "smuggled on board the ship" in order to save money.  One was actually deported for not having the proper papers.  Apparently our $40K wasn't enough for the trip even after buying low grade food, open feast time at Cosco and once a day meals.  I was shocked my child witnessed the blatant act of stealing from the cruise line as well as involving several children to participate.

Yes, parents, beware of the trips. I know I personally would have removed my child long ago if I had read a fraction of these postings.  If you chose to leave your child there during the investigation, please beware of the trips!  My child had no reason to lie or make up the events  witnessed, especially being home safe. Sadly several of the other kids have shared the same horror stories with me-not knowing what the others had shared!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Breaking news
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2005, 10:46:00 PM »
So many of the kids' stories match up. Some of these kids were not even at the Whitmore at the same time.

Cheryl Sudweeks doesn't change her tactics, but they do get a more and more scary as time passes.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Breaking news
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2005, 10:33:00 AM »
Understand the authorities finally did something and the kids have been moved out of the BOYS HOUSE and the "living quarters" in the SCHOOL HOUSE.
Seems the Sudweeks finally 'realized' they don't have a license to be housing thise kids in these locations, and DO have to obey a law now and then.

So all of these "students" are now being housed at the so-called MANSION.

If the count is correct, that is 36 students, the Sudweeks and their 2 kids, and two former students who are called Proctors.

That is 42 people packed in that place.

If I were a parent paying for "Private School" accomodations, I'd sure be calling the Sudweeks to see if my kid had a bed, or if they were one of the unforturnate one sleeping on the floor!

Must be a real problme now with the toilets that can't have toilet paper flushed down the toilets.
Lots of unlined trash cans full of NASTY toliet paper. UGH!

Sure hope the timed 2 minute showers prior to 5AM haven't been cut back, TOO!
I'd be worried about fire and health codes if my kid was there.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Breaking news
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2005, 11:56:00 AM »
Well if parents aren't concerned about thier kids being packed in that house like sardines, they should be worrried about their kids being taken to Mexico.  Don't they read travel alerts, or warnings from the State Department? These kids don't seem to be supervised in that small town. Sure wouldn't want my kid down in Mexico on the loose right now.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Breaking news
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2005, 10:55:00 AM »
This is where some type of parental responsibility must come in.  Parents need to check these travel alerts, and if it is not safe to have those kids in Mexico, then they need to tell the Sudweeks to be traveling within the U.S. for Spring Break, period.  And is there no City Codes for the occupancy rate/limit for how many people can be safely housed in one public building in that town? If the Sudweeks can not be responsible, then someone needs to be!

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
Breaking news
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2005, 06:38:00 PM »
[ This Message was edited by: Joyce Harris on 2006-04-01 12:05 ]