Author Topic: Breaking news  (Read 7593 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Breaking news
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2005, 03:28:00 PM »
Just to let all of you know the Attorney General in Utah dismissed the child abuse case today. No evidence. Ex students and present sudents...do not waste your time on these people on this website. They really don't have much of a life than to say these things about good people. There is good at Whitmore and those of you who are there and have been there know this. No one can really control what these people think. Just pray for the Sudweeks and this will all end soon.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Breaking news
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2005, 03:55:00 PM »
Yeah, they routinely do the same for WWASP programs. Doesn't mean much, especially in light of the clear demonstrations of abusive behavior that we've seen here in these forums. Criminal? Probably not. At least I wouldn't want to see these kids prosecuted. But certainly worth knowing and understanding.

Is uniformity [of opinion] attainable? Millions of innocent men, women, and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined, imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity. What has been the effect of coercion? To make one half the world fools, and the other half hypocrites.
http://laissezfairebooks.com/product.cfm?op=view&pid=FF7485&aid=10247' target='_new'>Thomas Jefferson

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Breaking news
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2005, 04:06:00 PM »
No, they surrendered their license before the abuse allegations to obtain a boarding school license instead. The other license prevented them from travelling with the kids.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Breaking news
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2005, 05:26:00 PM »
ATTENTION:

The Attorney General's OFFICE HAS NOT
DROPPED ABUSE CHARGES AGAINST THE SUDWEEKS!!!!

The ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE ONLY HANDLES CIVIL
MATTERS and is STILL investigating the Sudweeks
For FRAUD etc.

The Attorney General's Office can be reached at801 812-5206 to verify that the posting saying the abuse charges have been dropped is an absolute LIE.

Whoever posted this is a LIAR!!!!!!!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Breaking news
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2005, 12:33:00 AM »
The sexual charges are aginst the Sudweeks.?

I dont mean to pry but this feels so familair from our program experience.

The Sudweeks were sexually abusing the kids?

Why have they not been put into jail/prison.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Breaking news
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2005, 09:48:00 AM »
I have no idea what so ever what might or might not have happened in this case - but I do want to remind folks that sexual abuse can be any number of things; some of which would not result in jail.
In some states (I don't know about Utah) just talking about sexual matters with a child in a way that equates to an attempt to humiliate or degrade a child is sexual abuse - but its a misdemeanor, not a felony.
Felony child abuse can result in prison, and will involved some degree of touching - tho not necessarily rape.
However, apparently there are also cases that do in fact include rape, that don't result in prison, as I know of a man who confessed to raping/molesting both his young step daughters, and his only consequence was forced family therapy and being court ordered out of the house until the girls were 18.
How such things can be in this day and age, I don't know, but I personally know these people and this is what was.
One of the girls now has a young daughter and her Mom (and so her step dad) baby sit. There is no count order protecting this child. As the pedophile gran pa was never convicted in criminal court there is no sex crime registry that names him and no agency watching him.
And so, we see that Justice is indeed blind.

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
Breaking news
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2005, 10:02:00 AM »
On 2005-02-21 08:45:00, Anonymous wrote:

"my comment was not to defend anyone or any facility.  

What WAS the purpose then??

nor did i mention a minor child's features or dress code.  i've never seen either and don't disgrace children.

Really?  What was this all about then?

Mrs. Harris- Try harder on raising a daughter that looks like a female.

Erica- Scrub your face with proactive. If this doesnt take up enough time, try cooking your family some food, but make sure you dont get off in it.

Leah- Stop looking like a white charlie baltimore on crack.

A free people ought...to be armed...
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/188301123X/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'> George Washington, 1790

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Breaking news
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2005, 10:25:00 AM »
the purpose was to remind everyone that there are two sides to every story.  then there is the truth.

i'll still stand behind not making fun of children.  that response you quoted was not from my post.  it was from another anon prior to my response.  sorry!

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
Breaking news
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2005, 10:51:00 AM »
On 2005-02-23 07:25:00, Anonymous wrote:

that response you quoted was not from my post.  it was from another anon prior to my response.  sorry!

It does get difficult to tell the anons apart.  Might help if you chose a username.

Redemption: Deliverance of sinners from the penalty of their sins through the murder of their deity against whom they sinned.
--Ambrose Bierce

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
Breaking news
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2005, 10:53:00 AM »
Does anyone know specifically what the charges were?  Were they child abuse in general or specifically sexual abuse or both??

God is inconceivable, immortality is unbelievable, but duty is peremptory and absolute.
--George Eliot, author

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Breaking news
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2005, 11:01:00 AM »
Anon: You are absolutely wrong!!

The Sudweeks "surrendered their license" in a meeting with the Attorney General, the County Attorney, the Case Worker/Investigator, the Sudweeks and their Attorney as a DIRECT result of the criminal investigation against the boy that begam in November 2004.

Get your facts straight!!!!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Breaking news
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2005, 11:10:00 AM »
Cayo: a parent will not usaully say specifically what the allegations of sexually abuse are until the authorities make the formal charges.

And there is a minor child involved here too, remember.

These are issues that are not discussed on a public forum.

Charges have been filed against both Sudweeks on behalf of this minor girl.

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
Breaking news
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2005, 11:14:00 AM »
I was just asking if these charges consisted of physical abuse, sexual or both.  I would never expect a parent to post the specifics of the sexual abuse charges.  I just didn't know if there were multiple charges for multiple types of abuses or what.

The more BORING a child is, the more the parents,
when showing off the child, receive adulation for
being GOOD PARENTS -- because they have a TAME
CHILD-CREATURE in their house.
--Frank Zappa

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Breaking news
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2005, 11:23:00 AM »
cayo,

i was as interested as you in all of this and was attempting to seperate the hearsay and second hand news from the truth and or facts.

everyone was bashing the whitmore and supporting joyce/ richard harris.  my enquiring was to obtain facts from this episode in the child for profit industry.

if the whitmore is guilty they deserve the bashing.  and the truth will eventually be told.  but i am wondering if all of the investigating has stopped.  if it has and they are guilty why isn't whitmore closed?

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
Breaking news
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2005, 11:27:00 AM »
From what I understand there have been charges filed on behalf of a boy and a girl.  Physical abuse in the boys case and sexual in the girls.  If anyone has further info that would clear up what charges have or have not been "dismissed" or what charges are or are not still being investigated, that would be very helpful.

If I've missed it in the thread somewhere, sorry.  Been gone for a week or so.  I'll look around more today but thought if anyone had the info at hand it would be easier.

When the government's boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence.
-- Gary Lloyd

t. Pete Straight
early 80s