Author Topic: Today's Surprise  (Read 1626 times)

Offline Curious John

• View Profile
Today's Surprise
« on: February 19, 2005, 12:11:00 AM »
Everyday I read these posts beacause I have developed an interest in this industry for my own personal reasons. After that I follow-up with an erratic search down the trail of various programs and administrators/staff. Almost every time I do I am surprised by what I find (I sometimes do follow dead ends). Surprised is probably a bad word. Angry usually fits, disgusted does too. I think I am in a similar boat with most people here (except for the fact I never actually had to deal with any of these programs, which I am extremely grateful for) wishing these programs were gone.

Even though I found it from a post here, I felt it was worth bringing back up. The thing that disgusted me today was "New Beginnings Maternity Home". I know from talking to my wife and her experience with Straight that getting pregnant was one of her few guarantees against going back. Apparently WWASP has found a solution to this problem. The level of pressure these girls are under during "counseling" sessions has to be enormous. Just picture it, WWASP gets both the parents money for imprisoning their child ("While the young women will be here voluntarily, the young women are never to leave the facility without staff and are expected to follow all rules".....from New Beginnings Maternity Home, Supervision page), and they get whatever fees they charge to the prospective adoptive families.

If anyone doubts that this a WWASP affiliate, all they have to do is click the "Contact Us" link where they will be taken directly to TeenHelp(teenchanges.org).

There was today's surprise. Hopefully there won't be one tomorrow. Or the next day, or the next one..........
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Today's Surprise
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2005, 01:28:00 PM »
Yeah, it is rather sick and disgusting to me. Giving a mom who might be in a shitty situation help is one thing, but captivity is something else entirely.

BLEGH.

The right to do something does not mean that doing it is right.
--William Safire

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Today's Surprise
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2005, 08:30:00 PM »
Following all of the rules is the frieghtening part.  If they don't follow every rule then what? Again this is just another way to prey off of families in crisis - those who don't know what to do with their 16 year old pregnant daughter. This is totally disgusting. What if the young girl wants to keep her baby? Are they going to force it out of her hands? Sounds like a baby factory to me.  NEW BEGINININGS is used for the youth in the Mormon church. I wonder if there is a conection.....

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Today's Surprise
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2006, 04:51:15 PM »
from their website... you can make money by refering kids to this place.. wtf??

New Beginnings concept is not simply another place for teens to come and have their babies. It is a stable, nurturing environment dedicated to helping teens move ahead with their lives by finishing school, acquiring a sense of responsibility, learning to be good parents, and to avoid repeat pregnancies outside of marriage. We believe that one by one, we can help each young woman through a difficult time in their life, offering them positive choices and hope for their future.

WWASP is going religious? This shit is getting out of control...

http://www.vpp.com/teenhelp/newbeginnings.html
be sure to tell em kris sent ya, dont want to miss out on that fee!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Today's Surprise
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2006, 06:49:53 PM »
It could be a clever scam for getting healthy white babies into the black market for adpotion. Healthy white babies are worth big bucks. Even better if you can sucker the unfortunate girl's parents into paying lots of 'expenses' along the way!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Today's Surprise
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2006, 01:16:35 AM »
The pathway to hell is paved with good intentions. My question - are the "young women" free to do as they please or are they in a lock-down type program?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Today's Surprise
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2006, 05:18:53 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
The pathway to hell is paved with good intentions. My question - are the "young women" free to do as they please or are they in a lock-down type program?

Are you just acting like youre an outsider who doesnt know or are you actually a spring chicken here?

Its lockdown, duh. Then again what pregnant teenage girl is gonna put up any kind of resistance anyway?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Today's Surprise
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2006, 10:00:58 AM »
Even the so-called volutary programs of wwasps, which I believe is ONLY consisting of the 18 year old program, can still barely be compared a free choice. First they sever your ties with all your friends, your entire safety net other than your parents for a year or two while locked up, so you can't go to them for help ( you can't even remember any phone numbers probably, people don't know where you went and moved on). So it's not like just moving out of your parents house when you take your 'exit plan', they throw you out on the street and make up a bunch of horror stories about it. So between a choice of being kicked out on the streets for your 'own good' (according to gilcrease and his followers) or sing the tune of wwasps and help them abuse other kids while on upper levels. Its not an easy choice to make, and only a few kids get to make it because MOST are under 18 and have absolutely no say in whether they stay or leave. If they try and run they are severely punished through isolation and physical beatings. I am sure there is a heavy mind-fuck aspect to the pregnant one. I wouldn't be surprised if they are selling the babies either. The only reason a parent would choose wwasps as a maternity home is to PUNISH their teen, and have their kid return home WITHOUT A CHILD. This is a sick setup they got going here alright...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Today's Surprise
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2006, 10:03:21 AM »
It's all part of right wing agenda.

Step 1: Push absitenence in schools.
Step 2: Watch teenage pregnancy and disease skyrocket
Step 3: Profit!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Today's Surprise
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2006, 06:51:49 PM »
There is an interesting book called "The Girls Who Went Away" all about the "homes" unwed and pregnant girls were sent away to during the 50's to the present, I guess.  I think this is where the whole concept of sending a kid away began.  If you substitute just about any teenage behavior for "pregnancy" and TBS for "home for unwed mothers" it fits.