Author Topic: What's the deal with Resource Realizations ??  (Read 7613 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
What's the deal with Resource Realizations ??
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2005, 12:32:00 PM »
The first seminar is about 38 hours long and it covers 3 days.  Friday-Sunday. They could always lengthen the amount of days it goes over but how many parents can take that time off of work?  If you check out the facilites, they have PROFESSIONAL therapists availble for the teens.  No therapy is done by staff members.  Anything else you would like to argue?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2005, 12:54:00 PM »
On top of the 38 hours in the seminars, how long does the homework take?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2005, 11:55:00 PM »
Oh Please!  It's 25 hours at best.  Asleep by midnight, back by 9am the next morning.  Most people are asleep when their heads hit the pillow by midnight and don't have to be back until 9 the next morning.  I define sleep deprived as 0-5 hours of sleep in a 24 hour period. Ever worked on a project over a long weekend?  If you haven't - then you wouldn't understand being so busy you don't notice the time.  Is there a scaredy cat icon??

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2005, 01:21:00 AM »
Excuses, Excuses, Excuses...

Its ridiculous for something would take so long, and minimizing one EXCESSIVELY long seminar into one thats just... lower-case excessively long isnt going to make it better, youre just playing on perception.

Oh wait, youre defending A SEMINAR! Its what you do, manipulate people!

Theres no reason for any of it to take so long or work in the way it works unless youre fucking with people psycholgoically. We've all read the accounts of the seminars, and seen how they parallel interrogation or straight raps.

Then you go and compare this to something normal, like working on a project, and the "scardey cat" thing is humorous. Already trying to play off emotions are we?

The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
--John Gilmour

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2005, 03:48:00 AM »
The first seminar is about 38 hours long and it covers 3 days.
Oh Please! It's 25 hours at best.

I find it amusing that the pro-WWASP people can't even sing from the same hymn sheet.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2005, 10:42:00 AM »
On 2005-04-06 09:54:00, Anonymous wrote:

"On top of the ?? hours in the seminars, how long does the homework take?"

In any civilized society, it is every citizen's responsibility to obey just laws.  But at the same time, it is every citizen's responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
--Martin Luther King

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2005, 10:45:00 AM »
I remember reading a rather detailed report by a parent who attended one of these seminars and who claimed some educational background in psyche. She had the opinion that, given the highly emotional and stressful tone of these seminars, that a psyche professional or three should be onhand to handle any emergencies.

What happens when someone loses it in on of these seminars? If you've been to a good many of them, I'm guessing you've had some experience w/ this scenareo. So tell us all what they do when some parent breaks down and becomes very agitated. How do they handle it?

I have found Christian dogma unintelligible. Early in life, I absenteed myself from Christian assemblies.
--Benjamin Franklin, American Founding Father and inventor

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2005, 12:17:00 PM »
On 2005-04-07 07:45:00, Antigen wrote:

"I remember reading a rather detailed report by a parent who attended one of these seminars and who claimed some educational background in psyche. She had the opinion that, given the highly emotional and stressful tone of these seminars, that a psyche professional or three should be onhand to handle any emergencies.

What happens when someone loses it in on of these seminars? If you've been to a good many of them, I'm guessing you've had some experience w/ this scenareo. So tell us all what they do when some parent breaks down and becomes very agitated. How do they handle it?

I have found Christian dogma unintelligible. Early in life, I absenteed myself from Christian assemblies.
--Benjamin Franklin, American Founding Father and inventor

"

This is what happened when someone broke down in one of the LifeSpring LGATs from which the RR/Premier seminars are derived:

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/eldon.braun/awa ... hology.htm

Patrick, leaped up and took the position of the trainer on the podium. Initially it appeared that Patrick was acting out against the trainer by mocking him and by ignoring rules. However, it soon became apparent that he had decompensated--his speech was incoherent, he was out of contact with reality, and he appeared to be hallucinating. The trainer approached him and told him to stop "game playing." His "other choice" was to "go to a place where they allow people to play crazy games." Patrick merely gazed vacantly at the trainer and continued to mutter Lifespring phrases. Various participants, responded by encouraging Patrick to "go for it" and "let it all out." They did not understand that he had already "let too much out." His apparently fragile defenses had been repeatedly challenged by the trainer, who hid often accused him of "bullshitting,"

When it became clear that Patrick was unable to pull himself together, the other participants were asked to leave the room. We gathered outside, initially stunned by what had transpired. Then the group coalesced into a "circle of love," initiated by several members, out of the desire to "send Patrick our energy." The group was clearly attempting to provide comfort to its members in an upsetting situation. What was remarkable was the level of denial and misinterpretation of what had occurred. The group transformed Patrick's psychotic episode into a positive experience by using the categories of reasoning provided by the training. Drawing upon the infantile omnipotence encouraged by earlier sessions, some of the participants declared that "we are going to heal Patrick-he'll feel our energy." Others commented cheerfully that "he is getting in touch with his feelings" and "whatever he chooses is right for him, it's the very best for him." After Patrick had been spirited away, the group reconvened to continue the training. What could have been an occasion for discussing what had happened, including the impact of the training on Patrick, instead stimulated an outpouring of testimonials.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2005, 04:30:00 PM »
Wow... good old psychobullshit, just like everything else I've read about these stupid "seminars"

Dont you want the BEST brainwashing for your kids?  :roll: I really dont understand how a normal, coherant person can be programmed and conditioned to think this is normal or beneficial... or for that matter not-harmful! To them being afraid of a seminar is like being afraid of going to a dentist.

Having your MIND pulled open with a psychological crowbar and fucked with is not the same as anxiety about needles or dentistry. But well, I guess when being in a setting like a seminar, or a program is programmed to be normal and necessary, its not that unexpected that people would start to think that way.

The inspiration of the Bible depends on the ignorance of the person who reads it.
--Robert G. Ingersoll, American politician and lecturer

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Dolphin

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2005, 05:23:00 PM »
Does it really make a difference?  SOme seminars are shorter than others.  Could be 25 hours, could be 28 hours.  Homework is different for each person.  Mine took about 30 minutes in the first seminar. Depends on if you do it or not, too.  I didn't lose any sleep over it as I'm a night person anyway and only sleep about 7 hours a night anyway.  I had more than enough time for everything.  It was only 2 and a half days out of the rest of my life!  What a waste of time to argue something so insignificant.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2005, 10:31:00 PM »
Waste of time to argue about something so insignifigant? Maybe to you, not to us.

We're not warped programmies who think going to a seminar is normal, necessary, or even beneficial - so dont try to talk down to us as if we're recalcitrant children who dont want to get a physical or go to a dentist.

Also, a "seminar" to achieve "emotional growth" or whatever buzzword the marketers came out with after quantum and ontological fell through because someone picked up a fucking dictionary (or went to college) should not be as stressful or painful as pulling teeth. Its nothing but degrading mind-games and psychological stressors, including how LONG the seminar itself is. Sleep deprevation's effects are well known to professionals, but maybe not to you.

http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... um=9#93752

There, a link just for you! Click it. How do you defend that bullshit, huh? Can you? I'd *LOVE* to see what you'd pull out of your aquatic ass. Humiliation, degredation in other forms, psychological stress and attack, and sleep deprevation are not therapy. Its softening up your skull so Gilcrease can beat his bullshit into it with a mallet.

Now, go scurry away from any reply whatsoever, or make some bullshit dodge-the-question non-reply and ignore this, or make up new shit and talk about that instead of the things I brought up like a good little sheep.

The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty.
-- John Adams, (1772)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2005, 10:38:00 PM »
On 2005-04-07 14:23:00, Dolphin wrote:

What a waste of time to argue something so insignificant.  "

Didn't seem like it was insignificant to Patrick in the post above. :eek: