Author Topic: The Truth Will Prevail  (Read 11495 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Truth Will Prevail
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2005, 12:49:00 AM »
still NO evidence?

the investigation has been going on for how long?  nov.?

their still open?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Truth Will Prevail
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2005, 01:42:00 AM »
On 2005-02-28 20:12:00, BuzzKill wrote:

"

//And, Sue Scheff continues to refer students to this "school" knowing these investigations are on-going. Now that bothers me a whole lot.//

It troubles me as well. I wish she wouldn't.

And thats as much as I'll say here.

'bout this:

//No, your credibility was attacked because you blindly support Sue and her referrals//

Go back and read your own post.

//We'll ask you again//

And who is "we"?"

Karen Burnett (aka BuzzKill)? I can not believe you are still posting on Fornits but since you are I guess you won't mind me laughing my a** off!

Baaaaaawaaaaaahahaaaahahaaaa!

:wave:

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
The Truth Will Prevail
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2005, 06:54:00 AM »
On 2005-02-28 21:49:00, Anonymous wrote:

"still NO evidence?

the investigation has been going on for how long?  nov.?

their still open?"

Now, in this respect, I see no distinction beween Whitmore and a WWASP program at all. Always under investigation for some damned thing, always blaming some evile forces allied against them. I almost fell off my chair laughing over the evile Canadian government story. Gimme a break!

You don't get everything you want. A dictatorship would be a lot
easier.
--GW Büsh, Governor of Texas. Governing Magazine, 7/98

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
The Truth Will Prevail
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2005, 07:00:00 AM »
On 2005-02-28 21:45:00, Joyce Harris wrote:

What if this boy who was being abused had not finally escaped, and gotten to the police?

If it had been a WWASP program, the police would probably have brought him back, if he even made it that far. Nephi, as a town, might be sort of a backwater. But it's a whole world away from some of these really remote, lock-down places.

Not saying everything's all hunky dorey at Whitmore. Just that I can see how people could fool themselves into thinking they must be the good guys cause they're against the bad guys. I never did buy that to begin with and nothing I've learned so far has made me think so now. But Yeah, it is worth discussing the differences. Especially since so many people seem to think that "Not WWASP" = "certified good and wholesome".

Give to every other human being every right that you claim for yourself - that is my doctrine.

--Thomas Paine

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
The Truth Will Prevail
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2005, 09:21:00 AM »
Anon says "NO evidence...still open"

Well, good investigations do take time, and we parents who have our children home safely can wait for the authorities to do their job.

The parents who choose to leave their children at Whitmore during the investigation have that right and choice, too.

And of course Whitmore is still open. We do live in the United States of America, and the Sudweeks do have the right to be considered "innocent" until charged, tried in a court of law and proven otherwise. Who would want it any differently?

I would like for things to be different, myself. I would like for Mark Sudweeks to not lie and "quote" from a non-existing police report that I threw my daughter about the Whitmore so-called "Mansion" by the hair of the head. But, I don't control that man, and his lying mouth.

I would like to not be paying a psychiatrist enormous fees for my daughter's on-going therapy for problems she did not have prior to her enrollment a Whitmore Academy--but I have to. Before her placement at this abusive school, she only required a Psychologist to work on adoption issues.

I would prefer spending my computer time working on  assignments in my Graduate Studies, rather than defending myself against erroneous allegations of child abuse against my daughter--
and working to help others be aware of the issues at Whitmore Academy.

After going public with our Statement with ISAC,  we have accepted the responsibility of being the "contact base" of the many parents who either have students currently at Whitmore, or those who had students at Whitmore in the past.
Now these parents know how to contact authorities to present their evidence, and to tell their stories. Each parent now knows that their experience was not an "isolated incident."

The truth about Whitmore Academy will be told, and hopefully the people who have caused any damage to any child will be held accountable.

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
The Truth Will Prevail
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2005, 09:21:00 AM »
Anon says "NO evidence...still open"

Well, good investigations do take time, and we parents who have our children home safely can wait for the authorities to do their job.

The parents who choose to leave their children at Whitmore during the investigation have that right and choice, too.

And of course Whitmore is still open. We do live in the United States of America, and the Sudweeks do have the right to be considered "innocent" until charged, tried in a court of law and proven otherwise. Who would want it any differently?

I would like for things to be different, myself. I would like for Mark Sudweeks to not lie and "quote" from a non-existing police report that I threw my daughter about the Whitmore so-called "Mansion" by the hair of the head. But, I don't control that man, and his lying mouth.

I would like to not be paying a psychiatrist enormous fees for my daughter's on-going therapy for problems she did not have prior to her enrollment a Whitmore Academy--but I have to. Before her placement at this abusive school, she only required a Psychologist to work on adoption issues.

I would prefer spending my computer time working on  assignments in my Graduate Studies, rather than defending myself against erroneous allegations of child abuse against my daughter--
and working to help others be aware of the issues at Whitmore Academy.

After going public with our Statement with ISAC,  we have accepted the responsibility of being the "contact base" of the many parents who either have students currently at Whitmore, or those who had students at Whitmore in the past.
Now these parents know how to contact authorities to present their evidence, and to tell their stories. Each parent now knows that their experience was not an "isolated incident."

The truth about Whitmore Academy will be told, and hopefully the people who have caused any damage to any child will be held accountable.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Truth Will Prevail
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2005, 01:42:00 PM »
And I for one thank you for taking a stand and bravely posting about your experiences dealing with these people. Because of you and others like you some parents have been able to make decisions that have spared our children from any further abuses. So CUDOS to you and the others for keeping up the good fight for the TRUTH!

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
The Truth Will Prevail
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2005, 11:32:00 PM »
Thank you very much for your support and kind words.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Truth Will Prevail
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2005, 12:09:00 AM »
question; so when is this going to happen?

we have one parent who pulled their child in nov. '04, fact.  maybe 2 families, from what i read earlier tonight?  (g'mom)

ag's office is not investigating anything pertaining to whitmore, fact.  i call to verify, today.

the police are not investigating whitmore, fact.  i called to verify, today.

the "school" is still open, fact.  i called to verify, today.

i have checked pacer from time to time and do not see anything about anyone filing or suing "whitmore", fact.  verified earlier today.

i do see where the sudweeks were found guilty in canada, fact.  the transcripts  and court docs are on the net for public viewing.

i have read the harris affidavits on isac, fact.  on the isac website.

the rest of the information is just allegations at this point, fact.  because no charges have been filed by anyone publically to date?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
The Truth Will Prevail
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2005, 12:45:00 AM »
Yeah, essentially the same scenareo is playing out (like a broken record) in Mo these days surrounding Thayer. And, in that case, a kid is factually dead under extremely dubious circumstances while former staff and students describe routine torture of the variety that takes weeks or months for the marks to go away.

But they're still open. If you call the local police they'll tell you everything's just great there. I hear tell there may be a lawsuit, but who knows? It could turn out like the class action against WWASP or the one against Straight founders or any of a number of other attempts. These things so often don't come together for so many reasons. But then again, once in awhile a plaintif or three wins.

OTOH, Whitmore really does remind me a whole lot more of The Seed or a Meehan program than most of these other places. Meehan's getting some bad press lately, and it looks pretty serious. The Seed just shrunk down to like 20 or 30 people or less w/ a powerful inner circle and pretty much stayed static like that for around 20 years before imploding.

You can learn all you want to know about how that story ends from your neighbors over in the Seed forum: http://fornits.com/wwf/viewforum.php?forum=8&3255

No tellin' how it'll go this time. Just hunker and watch.

In war, the stronger overcomes the weaker. In business, the stronger imparts strength to the weaker.
--Frederic Bastiat

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Truth Will Prevail
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2005, 10:30:00 AM »
The lawsuit against wwasp is still a go.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
The Truth Will Prevail
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2005, 10:36:00 AM »
Which one? I know there have been a good many individual ones. Are you talking about a class action?

A drug is neither moral nor immoral - it's a chemical compound. The compound itself is not a menace to society until a human being treats it as if consumption bestowed a temporary license to act like an asshole.
--Frank Zappa

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
The Truth Will Prevail
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2005, 11:27:00 AM »
To Anon: So When Is This Going To Happen

I would suggest that if you are going to quote FACTS that you get a few of them CORRECT!

1) In November 2004 when the allegations of abuse were brought against Mark and Cheryl Sudweeks for abuse: 4 students were removed from Whimore Academy by their parent(s) and the boy who was abused...for a total of 5 (five).

2)  The Attorney Generals Office is STILL investigating the Sudweeks for FRAUD etc. You can call Mr. Alan Sevison at 801 812-5206. He can disclose the name of his investigator, if he so chooses, that is not my choic. I know who it is because I have given a statement to this investigator.  The investigation is still active.

3)  The Nephi Police Department is STILL investigating the Sudweeks for child abuse and for sexual abuse.  I do not know who YOU spoke with, but you are mis-informed if someone told you that the investigation for these allegations is not active. Perhaps you do not know who is the lead detective for this investigation. Perhaps the Sudweeks can give you this investigator's name.

4)  I do not know what Pacer is.
The "word out there and the rumormill say" that the Sudweeks and Sue Scheff are suing me...why? I have no idea.  So perhaps you can ask THEM when you might see somthing showing up on PACER, whatever that is.

5) We did not sign an AFFIDAVIT with ISAC.  We made a statement.  There is a big difference.

6). You stand corrected.  The allegations of abuse against the Sudweeks IS BEING INVESTIGATED by the proper authorities in Utah, and as far as we know, no formal charges have been filed as of today....I might add, YET.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Truth Will Prevail
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2005, 11:42:00 AM »
On 2005-03-02 08:27:00, Joyce Harris wrote:

"I do not know what Pacer is."

Public Access to Court Electronic Records

http://pacer.psc.uscourts.gov

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
The Truth Will Prevail
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2005, 01:06:00 PM »
Thank you for defining PACER.  Perhaps some of the readership might be interested in that.

I could care less, myself.

I do not make my living, or annoy folks by going around suing people.  Guess some just enjoy paying attorneys more than I do.