Author Topic: The Truth Will Prevail  (Read 11493 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Truth Will Prevail
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2005, 06:05:00 PM »
Personally, I never doubted the child's mother was telling the truth.

You, on the other hand buzzkill, have a "credibility" problem from what I can tell reading your many posts about ALA.

So tell us, have you written or spoken to Sue Scheff regarding the referrals to Whitmore and if so, did you express your concern for the care and treatment of the children AND the poor horses?

moo
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
The Truth Will Prevail
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2005, 07:43:00 PM »
moo?

Are you infering I'm a cow; your a cow; or was that a typo trying to answer your own questions?

Why is it you (who ever you are  :roll: ) want to turn everything I say into an argument about ALA or Sue? Are you trying to exploit me to advance your agenda?!  :eek:

So, you never doubted Joyce - fat lot of good it does that *you* don't doubt her.

As far as who I talk to and what I might have said - it dam sure aint none of your business.

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
The Truth Will Prevail
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2005, 07:57:00 PM »
Buzzkill, thank you for your support.

I do not know what ALA means.
My husband and I have voiced our opinion of the P.U.R.E. organization, and the dis-service it did to our daughter by referring us to the Whitmore Academy.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Truth Will Prevail
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2005, 10:05:00 PM »
On 2005-02-28 16:43:00, BuzzKill wrote:

"moo?

Are you infering I'm a cow; your a cow; or was that a typo trying to answer your own questions?

MOO = My own opinion, from what I've been told.

Why is it you (who ever you are  :roll: ) want to turn everything I say into an argument about ALA or Sue?

Because you continue to support Sue and her referral business.   http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... t=40#77497

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
The Truth Will Prevail
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2005, 10:22:00 PM »
Oh - Well, your entitled to your opinion, of corse!

And I am intitled to mine. I prefer IMO, or IMHO.

You attacked my credibility based on my support of ALA; then asked questions about Sue; then you Moo at me.

Now, you say you attacked my credibility b/c I have defended a friend against accusations of money grubbing.

I can only suggest, if you find me less than credible, avoid my posts.

[ This Message was edited by: BuzzKill on 2005-02-28 19:34 ]

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
The Truth Will Prevail
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2005, 10:41:00 PM »
Buzzkill,

I do appreciate your support.

I read the posting the ANON cited, too.

I do not know your relationship with Ms. Sue Scheff. But she is aware of the allegations of physical abuse against one student which was the reason we withdrew our daughter in November   , and we have filed sexual abuse charges on behalf of our daughter against the owners of Whitmore Academy.

And, Sue Scheff continues to refer students to this "school" knowing these investigations are on-going.  Now that bothers me a whole lot.  That is not the way I would do business...but then I would not be in this business to begin with.  We simply THOUGHT we were sending our little girl to a safe, boarding school that offered therapy for Reactive Attachment Disorder.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Truth Will Prevail
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2005, 10:53:00 PM »
On 2005-02-28 19:22:00, BuzzKill wrote:

"
Now, you say you attacked my credibility b/c I have defended a friend against accusations of money grubbing.

No, your credibility was attacked because you blindly support Sue and her referrals.  I'm glad someone like Joyce is around to prove that Sue is referring to the SAME KIND OF DAMN PROGRAMS AS WWASP.

But that's right.  You KNOW her and she would NEVER refer to those kinds of programs.  We'll ask you again.....based on WHAT?   Other than something like "I just know her and she wouldn't do that" please.

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
The Truth Will Prevail
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2005, 11:12:00 PM »
//And, Sue Scheff continues to refer students to this "school" knowing these investigations are on-going. Now that bothers me a whole lot.//

It troubles me as well. I wish she wouldn't.
And thats as much as I'll say here.

'bout this:
//No, your credibility was attacked because you blindly support Sue and her referrals//

Go back and read your own post.

//We'll ask you again//

And who is "we"?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Truth Will Prevail
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2005, 11:23:00 PM »
On 2005-02-28 20:12:00, BuzzKill wrote:

"

//And, Sue Scheff continues to refer students to this "school" knowing these investigations are on-going. Now that bothers me a whole lot.//

It troubles me as well. I wish she wouldn't.

And thats as much as I'll say here.

but I'll continue to support and defend her.  No matter that she's STILL referring people to an abusive facility and has FILLED them up with her referrals.  I KNOW her and that's all I need. :roll:  :roll:

Sounds a little too close to "Sue said it, I believe it, that settles it".  I wonder if you can get a bumper sticker made up for that? :roll:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Truth Will Prevail
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2005, 11:24:00 PM »
On 2005-02-28 20:12:00, BuzzKill wrote:

And who is "we"?"

The many legions of us that have asked you repeatedly why you continue to support Sue and PURE.  Specifically why you don't think she refers to "WWASP like" facilities.

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
The Truth Will Prevail
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2005, 11:50:00 PM »
Well, I would have to say that Whitmore Academy is about as WWASP-like as they come:

Cheryl Sudweeks is NOT a licensed therapist and she runs group "sessions" for the main purpose of humiliating kids.

Cheryl Sudweeks, a co-owner of Whitmore orders kids to beat up kids.

Kids are punished by being forbidden to eat meals.
Kids are bound and gagged when being beaten.

At Whitmore there are "Kids supervising Kids."

Parents are promised a quality education and therapy by a licensed therapist for their kids, and this is not provided.

The parents pay for and expect a safe, clean, healthy environment, and this is not provided.

So--from what I have read about WWASP Programs, I think if you asked the boy who was abused if Whitmore is WWASP-like, he would give you a great big YES.  I know my daughter would.

I really don't like the idea that WWASP is set up as the "standard" of whether or not a child was abused ENOUGH. When parents send their children away to what is represented as a "private theuraputic academic boarding school," they do not have the expectation that their child will be abused AT ALL.

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
The Truth Will Prevail
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2005, 12:05:00 AM »
On 2005-02-28 20:50:00, Joyce Harris wrote:

I really don't like the idea that WWASP is set up as the "standard" of whether or not a child was abused ENOUGH. When parents send their children away to what is represented as a "private theuraputic academic boarding school," they do not have the expectation that their child will be abused AT ALL.

"

:nworthy:  :nworthy:  :nworthy:

The last struggles of a great superstition are very frequently the worst.
--Andrew Dickson White (1832-1918)

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
The Truth Will Prevail
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2005, 12:10:00 AM »

Well, I would have to say that Whitmore Academy is about as WWASP-like as they come:

I would beg to differ w/ that assessment. There are a lot of programs out there that are more WWASP-like. Thayer, for example. It's run by John and Willa Bundy. John Bundy is thought to be a former employee of Teen Help/WWASPS. Can anyone substantiate that? They also operate a referal service that's been under some criticism for pretending to represent a group of outfits, but really strongly favoring Thayer.

And a young man died there recently, over the course of at least days and in front of a few students and staff. Nobody spoke out till it was too late the way some of the Whitmore kids spoke out about some of the things that have happened there.

I think there's a difference. I don't really blame the people who insist that "different from WWASP" means perfectly good, safe and effective for thinking that. I do blame them for refusing to look closely enough at the proffered alternatives. Everybody wants to be a hero. Nobody wants to think they've been wrong. That's how crusades, jihads and other wars always start.

There are similarities as well. Those are interesting. They're similar in that they really seem to hook the parents a lot more than the kids. Most of the kids just go along because the program is holding their parents hostage. But they don't have anywhere near the level of organization that WWASP has w/ controling the parents, either. It's just these couple of charismatic ppl, not an established show circuit of EST derived seminars.

I've spoken to former students and adults who are actually afraid of physical, illegal, thug violence if they speak out against Thayer and/or the CEDU programs. Whitmore only seems to inspire fear of getting a bitch session from Cheryl.

No, I'd give WWASP props for professionalism, but it's like giving props to Stalin for having the trains running on time.

Moralizing, with the force of law or coercion, is a
far greater crime against the constitutional principles of our nation than unauthorized euphoria, regardless of the substance involved, be it chocolate or heroin.
--James

10/80 - 10/82
Anonymity Anonymous
Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
The Truth Will Prevail
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2005, 12:27:00 AM »

Well I don't like it either, but I read it differently. I've looked over some of the WWASP material from time to time and looked in on some of their public parent support/recruiting forums. And I must say that their hateful attitude toward kids is thinley veiled.

That's the saddest part of this whole saga. As you talked about in another thread, these kids have become orphans in a big way. They've been through this major, life altering trauma and they can never talk to their parents about it. End of the day, their parents are no longer on their side.

I know what that feels like and I know what it feels like to have a parent leave the ranks of the faithful and be there for me. I feel for those kids who don't have even one parent left to them after the Program fleeces their families.

That WWASP is the standard in the industry (I'm not so sure that's true anymore, but they're certainly up there) tells me something I don't really want to know about this generation of parents.

Whenever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force.
http://laissezfairebooks.com/product.cfm?op=view&pid=FF7485&aid=10247' target='_new'>Thomas Jefferson: Kentucky Resolutions, 1798

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
The Truth Will Prevail
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2005, 12:45:00 AM »
Antigen,

I am sorry, but I still disagree.

Whitmore is just one school which is run by two owners, Mark and Cheryl Sudweeks.

But I do not believe that the abuse of any child should be "graded by some standard of what is worse."

What if this boy who was being abused had not finally escaped, and gotten to the police?  He had only been at Whitmore less than 2 months, and had been abused repeatedly the whole time--from the moment he arrived at Lake Powell. I can not state the incidents since my daughter will be a witness if it goes to trial; but this 14 year old boy's very life was in danger.

We removed our daughter after 2 months at Whitmore, and have filed serious charges against the Sudweeks. We certainly are glad we didn't wait to see "just how bad it could have gotten."

I do not know the extent of the mind-control of the people who are "believers of the Sudweeks." But when strangers call and harrass us on their behalf, that is scary.  When Mark Sudweeks will lie and "quote" from a non-existing police report, that causes us concerns.

Whitmore may not be the "worse of the worse" but from how things seem to be developing, perhaps the word YET should be added to that.