Author Topic: Am I in the right place?  (Read 4079 times)

Offline Tony LL

• View Profile
Am I in the right place?
« on: June 01, 2001, 06:48:04 PM »
Am I in the right place?
I'm trying to find somewhere I can put my troubled teen. What I am looking for is a place that will deprive him ofood, rest, dignity, and any contact with the outside world. Health conditions must be bad, i.e., bordering on unlawful. Also, brainwashing, scabies, being spat upon, and an egocentric, abusive staff are a must. While I'm at it, the place I'm looking for must be able to convince both me and my child that every problem I've ever had is his fault and that I have never been guilty of being a bad influence or of being guilty that I am just an uninvolved apathetic parent. While I know that I'm asking for a tall order here and that no place really could exist in today's society, maybe someone could point me in the right direction at least (?)

((((((((((((((( )))))))))))))))

I wonder if any parent ever truly knew the extent of how accurate the above fictional request was/is. I doubt it, but they should've been able to figure it out after a few months.

Anyway, I expect to be over on this board a lot more since it appears I've been totally censored on the Kids of El Paso board. Which leads me to a question.

Has there ever been an ex member of Straight who would come on this board and basically demean the entire experience of other ex-Straight clients? For example, on the Kids board there's an individual who was pretty rebellious the whole time he was in The Program and now likes to call everyone else who didn't act like him "weak". I found this to be incredibly offensive, immature, and just plain stupid so I ended up getting in war of words with the stooge. Any input with regards to my really lame situation would be appreciated. Thank you.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Kathy

• View Profile
    • http://ficanetwork.net
Am I in the right place?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2001, 07:25:05 PM »
Re: You ARE in the right place!!!
Hey Tony, glad to see you here. We've seen it all on this board. People have been offensive and immature and insightful and encouraging, you name it we've had it. ONe thing you never will find on this board is anyone being censored, we were all censored long enough in the program. That is why the internet is soooo wonderful!!! The communication lines have busted wiiiiide open. Anyway, glad your here and hope you have a great experience on this board.  

Kathy

Kathy
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."    ~Plato

Offline ramprato

• View Profile
Am I in the right place?
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2001, 07:38:02 PM »
Re: You ARE in the right place!!!
Ditto's to what Kathy said Tony.....glad see you over here. BTW Tony,...that was well written. >http://www.ezboard.com/intl/aenglish/images/emoticons/smile.gif' alt=':)'>

Offline KimberlyNJ

• View Profile
Am I in the right place?
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2001, 10:17:56 PM »
You are indeed!
Hi there Tony...I just last night read (what I could read) that annoying fight ya'll had at the El Paso message board.  First of all, it was a ridiculous argument and for this guy to be so arrogant just shows how this program really fucks people's heads up.  Second of all, I WAS a part of a LARGE argument we had here not too long ago and it turned into an issue of censorship.  Some people thought this board SHOULD censor what was said and some didn't.  I on the other hand just got the person's number I was fighting with and called her!  Turned out she was just basically stating her opinion and some of us took it too harshly and fought back and she was just sitting there laughing at how angry everyone was getting!  It turned out we all laugheed about it in the end.  Apologies were made and that was it.  (it wasn't an issue about being "weak" for motivating though...I was upset about that as well.)  Nobody was censored as we were censored enough in there.  

Anyway, welcome here and hope you find us just as interesting as the rest of the x-KIDS / straightlings/ seedlings/ etc....

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Am I in the right place?
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2001, 12:37:39 AM »
Re: Am I in the right place?
http://trebach.org/conference.html

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline jeff belflower

• View Profile
Am I in the right place?
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2001, 03:01:24 PM »
Re: Am I in the right place?
When I went to get my license renewed i ran into this guy that was in there Paul Pennington. I couldn't beleive it because he said he's been drug free ever since the program, I just found out thanx to the web that his day was prez of straight, i wonder if that had anything to do with it. Well, there are some really weird people that think it was good, I mainly remember the getting sat on and restrained bit myself. This world is made up of all sorts of kooks. Personally i would like to kick that fukers ass in, ya know. But I try to be a better person now. No one understands me when i talk about straight, i was in there for four freakin years from 81 to 85. They just wouldn't let me out and still my parents say it was the best thing. They hate it when I say i hated that place. Oh well, you can't change the world.   Newton sucks    Peace

Offline jetandra30

• View Profile
Am I in the right place?
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2001, 05:48:07 AM »
John

Offline Elle

• View Profile
Am I in the right place?
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2001, 04:19:01 AM »
ego
Well said John. I can honestly say, that I was never a beleiver, but I still got brainwashed in ways that I never expected. I knew that I had to play the game in order to get out, but I thought that once I got out I could just move on and forget about it. Instaed I've been haunted by the "druggie clothes" and "druggie music". I mean, is there anything more rediculous? Anyone who didn't wear the jeans and t-shirt uniform that we were supposed to wear was a druggie. Doesn't matter how old, doesn't matter who they were. People would whisper and talk about how messed up they were.

I came out with an anger towards drugs and drug addicts, but found some reason in it. I hate what's going on with drugs in our society, I hate that there isn't much real help out there, and I hate attending funerals for people who have overdosed. But I could care less if my friends are addicts, social users, or sober, as long as I care for them. It's a pretty lonely life to turn your nose up towards anyone who drinks or uses now and then, and it's extremely egotistical to think that you're (not you) spiritually advanced over them. I think every addicted friend I've made since I was out, had themselves more together than me, or anyone else in that program. They could me completely screwed, but at least they remember what real life is like.

Elle.

Offline dommin33

• View Profile
Am I in the right place?
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2001, 07:33:28 PM »
ditto's
Ditto?

I was looking for info on Paridise cove and I saw that word.  I don't know if that word is universal or what but it struck a nerve. If you or any one went to PC and can help me find closure on this please do. 630 479 8648

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Am I in the right place?
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2001, 09:00:07 PM »
Not that I know of
Hi, this is Ginger. It was nice talking with you on the phone just a minute ago. Couldn't hear too well; bad connection compounded by my partial deafness.

The best way to find old friends and other people from your program seems to be to post something about it just about everywhere you can with contact info. (a hotmail email address or something works just fine if you want to maintain your anonymity) You might try asking around the TOUGHLOVE support groups, if you can stomach that.

We don't have much on PC except for what Intrepid Net Reporter and 48 Hours has offered.

Here are the links I sent to your brother's email address.

Here are the articles I have in my archive
www.intrepidnetreporter.com/TeenHelp/teenhelp.html

And here's a site called "I've Been There" maintained by a survivor of wilderness behavior modification. They could really use your input.
http://homestead.juno.com/ive_been_there/'>homestead.juno.com/ive_been_there/

In case you lost the link, here's the Straight Survivors' Forum
pub70.ezboard.com/fstraightincsurvivors30607frm1.showMessage?topicID=23.topic

Here's my jump page on behavior mod and coercive rehab.
http://fornits.com/anonanon/'>fornits.com/anonanon/

If you run accross material on the net that I haven't got listed, or would like to contribute, please drop me a line. Welcome back to the more commonly accepted

reality. Glad you made it out alright =)

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline FaceKhan

• View Profile
Am I in the right place?
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2001, 09:52:31 PM »
Re: Not that I know of
Paradise Cove, that was  the WWASP program that was shut down in Samoa, right?  As I recall, the US embassy there finally got off its ass and decided to protect American interests in not having thousands of young people tortured and brainwashed and then shipped back home to be productive little cult-members. I believe I read somewhere that most of the kids there were rescued by the State Dept. and unfortunately returned to their parents. Similar to the Monrovia Academy incident, where most of the kids rescued by Czech Authorities ended up at other Teen Help concentration camps.

Slavish discipline makes a slavish temper... If severity carry'd to the
highest pitch does prevail, and works a cure upon the present unruly
distemper, it often brings in the room of it a worse and more dangerous
disease, by breaking the mind; and then, in the place of a disorderly young
fellow, you have a low spirited moap'd creature, who, however with his
unnatural sobriety he may please silly people, who commend tame unactive
children, because they make no noise, nor give them any trouble; yet at
last, will probably prove as uncomfortable a thing to his friends, as he
will be all his life an useless thing to himself and others... Beating them,
and all other sorts of slavish and corporal punishments, are not the
discipline fit to be used in the education of those we would have wise,
good, and ingenuous men...
John Locke, 1692

All of the darkness of the world cannot put out the light of one small candle.\"