Author Topic: Christian talk radios advice for "addicts"  (Read 921 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Christian talk radios advice for "addicts"
« on: May 01, 2006, 02:44:00 PM »
So I was listening to Xian talk radio today (specifically New Lifes station) and this guy called in saying his 15 year old "does drugs" and he wanted to know how to confront her without making her feel more angry or hurt than she already does, because if she was happy she wouldnt be doing drugs. WELL the Xians said (without asking what drugs shes doing, or how many times shes doing them or if they tried therapy) to send her IMMEDIATLY to long term treatment becasue they need to "break her down so she can be willing to change". This one guy said if his daughter were just using drugs, not even addicted to them, he would send her to a one year treatment program to change her life because he missed something and the onely people that can help are the treatment experts. Another funny thing they said was that she is "suffering from the disease of addiction" and she will "die" without being in treatment.

They didnt necessarily advocate for WWASP because they advocate for their own lock down involuntary Christian Treatment, but I just think its crazy that the Mormons and Xians are so bloody ignorant about this stuff and think that they have all the answers. Its so depressing.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 05:11:00 PM »
Find out exactly who said that; get contact information for them and the station that aired it - and I'll see what I can do to get some more informed Christians to write in protest.

Maybe you can get a transcript of the program?

That would be helpful - so people would know what they are talking about as far as what was said.

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 06:09:00 PM »
Yes, more information would be nice, it grinds my gears when some one claims to do something like that in the name of God.
our walking down a hallway, you turn left, you turn right. BRICK WALL!

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 03:37:00 PM »
On 2006-05-01 14:11:00, BuzzKill wrote:

"Find out exactly who said that; get contact information for them and the station that aired it - and I'll see what I can do to get some more informed Christians to write in protest.

Maybe you can get a transcript of the program?

That would be helpful - so people would know what they are talking about as far as what was said."

Ok Im on New Lifes website and I went in their archives for yesterday to find it and I found the page, but I can only find the audio form so heres the link

http://www.newlife.com/nll/index.asp?rd ... archive=Go

Its the topic 3) I need advice my 15yr daughter is using drugs.
It is Dr.Bob I belive and Steve Arturburn and Dr. Jill Hubbard that were on the show.