Author Topic: Psychiatrists  (Read 1734 times)

Offline mental torture made me li

• View Profile
Psychiatrists
« on: February 09, 2005, 11:18:00 PM »
I've been to two. They both wanted to prescribe something. The second one disagreed with the med the first suggested. I have a contraindication to both meds. I don't trust how they prescribe something after seeing me for only one session. I thought there would be tests, like with the fill in the circles thing. Is that just the way psychiatrists operate?

Whoever who trolls me is a real person. I am as well. I am not "Pietra". I am a real girl. Here's a story: one time I brought a bunch of kindling down from the woods, and my landlord was teasing me about wouldn't the sticks rather decay naturally than being thrown into the stove and I said "they know it's better to burn out than to fade away."

Someone here said I was retarded as fuck. They are wrong, I am smart as hell.

:flame:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Psychiatrists
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2005, 01:21:00 AM »
Its ALL guess work in a white coat!
DONT DONT DONT take the pills (unless you ARE seeing the little green men)!

Offline Scarstruck

• View Profile
Psychiatrists
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2005, 04:35:00 AM »
Fuck Psych meds ...all side effects, no help. Pot will help any depression you may have.
b] KATHY DAVID IS A CHILD MOLESTOR[/b]
\"You knew I was a snake when you picked me up\" ~S.S

Offline Scarstruck

• View Profile
Psychiatrists
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2005, 04:40:00 AM »
On 2005-02-09 20:18:00, Pietra wrote:

"I've been to two. They both wanted to prescribe something. The second one disagreed with the med the first suggested. I have a contraindication to both meds. I don't trust how they prescribe something after seeing me for only one session. I thought there would be tests, like with the fill in the circles thing. Is that just the way psychiatrists operate?

Whoever who trolls me is a real person. I am as well. I am not "Pietra". I am a real girl. Here's a story: one time I brought a bunch of kindling down from the woods, and my landlord was teasing me about wouldn't the sticks rather decay naturally than being thrown into the stove and I said "they know it's better to burn out than to fade away."

Someone here said I was retarded as fuck. They are wrong, I am smart as hell.

:flame: "

Theres nothing retarted about you..Never listen to anyone from fornits...Most of the time I only post  and never read peoples responses..sometimes I do ..but only when Im really fucking bored (like this week)
  Try just posting and then dont read what others post..Your opinion is really all that matters in the end...What do you care about strangers on the internet? Fuck em, wish them death and ignore them. :wave:
b] KATHY DAVID IS A CHILD MOLESTOR[/b]
\"You knew I was a snake when you picked me up\" ~S.S

Offline mental torture made me li

• View Profile
Psychiatrists
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2005, 08:13:00 AM »
Thanks, Scarstruck.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Psychiatrists
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2005, 09:43:00 AM »
Let's just say I am a mouse in the labcoat pocket of your ugly troll and that I can speak for your troll today.  He won't be bothering you in the future in the manner that he has in the past. Actually your troll is similarly credentialed to the psychiatrists you have recently visited.  

The testing that you mentioned is traditionally conducted by a psychologist.  They focus more on
psychological research and testing, whereas psychiatrists function more to provide medical diagnosis and pharmaceutical treatment of mental and emotional disorders.  Due to managed care restrictions, emphasis is placed on pharmaceutical maintenance.  One that goes to visit a psychiatrist should expect and anticipate having a cocktail of prescriptions to fill.  If one isn't looking for happy pills, then perhaps a visit to a licensed professional counselor or clinical social worker may be in order.  It depends on what you expect to get out of your visit.

Anyway back to your troll, your troll is in fact a real person.  A real person that does not REALLY hate you nor that is REALLY annoyed by you.  There is no doubt that you may indeed be a really intelligent person, however street smarts didn't seem to be your forte.  I think your troll was more attacking the "duh, which end of the joint do I light while I sit here and babble with my fingers while listening to Beck, Oh, how I love Beck" kind of posts.  Your troll knows that you are not literally retarded, he just thought you may be a little "special" after reading some of your posts.  He was wrong and I can say that he is sorry if he offended you personally.  Nothing should be personal here.  You are the "Pietra" and he is the "troll".  Characters played on a game called the internet, nothing more or less.  Maybe you should be more discriminate with what you type (ie. flaunting ignorance about dope and calling fornits readers assholes) moreover your troll should be more discriminate about what he reads.

Your troll was going ask a question about kindling in your stove. I think he wanted to inquire if you lived in a log cabin or what, but I convinced him to keep his mouth shut.  I also took a beefy shit in his labcoat pocket for you, Pietra.  

Be well Pietra.
Your troll says "peace".
Sincerely,
The mouse in your troll's labcoat pocket.

Offline RTP2003

• View Profile
Psychiatrists
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2005, 04:34:00 PM »
I'm with Scarstruck on this one.  Psychiatrists are trained to, and encouraged by pharmaceutical companies to, prescribe meds that treat the symptoms but do nothing to help with the cause.  Unless you are having outright hallucinations, such as voices telling you to harm yourself or others, RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN FROM THE SHRINKS!  They don't know shit other than how to drug you up and make you "manageable".  You can drug yourself up much more pleasantly, efficiently, privately, and cheaply.  Hell, some of the best "therapy" you can get may be spouting off on an internet forum such as this one---it's basically anonymous, and you might feel better after ranting here for half an hour.  Just don't let the trolls get to you, like the "lab rat" said, they are basically characters in a game.

That being said, you MAY get some useful perspectives from other people here, you just need to be selective in what you listen to.  If it works for you, and feels right, and sits right with your PERSONAL morality (as opposed to other's ideas of right or wrong), then go with it.  If it doesn't, don't listen to it.  There is no universal, one-size-fits-all answer to anything that we are facing in life, it has to be something that we as individuals are comfortable with.  

Good luck and good weed.
RTP2003 fought in defense of the Old Republic

Offline misbehaver

• View Profile
Psychiatrists
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2005, 05:25:00 PM »
A mouthful of 9mm is cheapest. Humans that are unable to function without dope will be left in the dust. I've fixed enough 01s with D5 to demonstrate H2O discipline; without slowing mission ZULU. Damn, I've become so brutal that I can't ever return home. I know that I never came home, so why fuck w/MA&PA now? They actually love me and have a fatass life insurance policy that feeds my BUDS until they can barely crawl away. We know Earth is a playground where ya start learning dodgeball and move on to war. Jason

Offline PerfectStraightling

• View Profile
Psychiatrists
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2005, 06:03:00 PM »
Medication is all guesswork. They give you something, then change it if it doesn't work. There's no "prescription" for it. If you're willing to spend a year or two getting the medication just right, it might eventually help, but it might not also. I think they should really be upfront about this with people so they know what they're getting into.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Psychiatrists
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2005, 06:31:00 AM »
Shrinks keep you under control too. You don't even know of their computer apparatus and the aliens that give you a sense of false well-being. I guess it beats being lunchmeat? :smokin: