Author Topic: What is the deal with NIBH?  (Read 12341 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
What is the deal with NIBH?
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2005, 12:24:00 AM »
something to think about when considering medication for your children, this is what i told my parents when they wanted to put me back on medication after a year of being off and being fine,  

"i want to find my own happiness rather than have mass produced happiness handed to me in cute little pill form."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2005, 03:45:00 AM »
Unless you're talking about someone else (then I apologize), here's something for the person that just called me out on my bipolar statement.

I didn't say all kids. I am bipolar. I have never been on a med in my life. I oppose them 100%. I would never let someone force something down my throat - believe me.

But I had two very good friends with bipolar (you know, us disorders chill together), and they were forced onto medications. And it helped them, a bit...they were too numb to hit both ends of the spectrum (that means the good feelings were capped, too). They finally left against their parent's choices so who was going to pay for the meds anymore? They came off of them so severely and suddenly...one day they were taking a pill or two a night, the next they were cold turkey? Fucked them up pretty bad. Don't say that's their own fault.

So no, you don't ALWAYS need meds. I haven't...I like to think I'm doing pretty well for myself, my 'disorder' aside. But it's never black and white now, is it?

Make sure you read and comprehend first before you spout off.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2005, 09:31:00 AM »
what you two have said about being bipolar and doing well without meds has certainly given me, as a parent, food for thought.  I believe that most parents only want what is best for their children, and that doesn't include drugging them up to feel like zombies.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2005, 06:21:00 PM »
i went to NIBH for running away from a cedu school. when i got there i was horrified. seeing a 6 year old little girl get restrained was a little beyond me. there's stuff that happened while i was there that i will never forget. NIBH fucked me up more than 2 1/2 years at RMA. Dr Ullrich is your only ticket out and he only visits you for 15 mins every two weeks. during your apt. with him he will just up your meds and make you a zombie like everyone else. it's 1,000 dollars a day in the acute unit. $500 dollars a day in the residential and less for the social unit. It's a fucked up place with fucked up people. You know it's screwed up when you get in trouble for laughing and you're ordered to sit facing a white wall for 5 minutes (with an oven timer). Laughing must be seen as out of control behavior there.....Ohhhhhhh and can we just say that Lithium is the number one choice for medication.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2005, 06:58:00 PM »
Absolutely digusting. And your parents sign a form saying that whatever school you're at can stick you in NIBH for up to THREE DAYS without so much as contacting them? $3000 for poppin' some wiseass kid in the jaw. that's what I saw more than once.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2005, 08:46:00 PM »
here you are again.  Keep croppin' up everywhere.  You are sounding less and less like you are really in this for the kids, and more and more like you have a personal ax to grind with your former employers.  The kids aren't stupid, they can see right through you.  I can.  I really thought that you were sincere to a point... not sure anymore.

Offline dniceo7

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2005, 10:23:00 PM »
If you were talking about the person who posted right before you, this student definitely didn't work at cedu...
I don\'t look at myself in the mirror because I\'m a narcissist, I simply like to watch myself exist...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2005, 11:03:00 PM »
oh, I think this staff (not student) did work at CEDU.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2005, 11:43:00 PM »
I think you're a moron. I was a student at bca. Another example of why you can't take half the things written on here seriously - idiots like you.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2005, 10:41:00 AM »
On 2005-02-09 20:43:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I think you're a moron. I was a student at bca. Another example of why you can't take half the things written on here seriously - idiots like you. "

Oh? And exactly how many farm animals did you have sex with? I was at BCA too, and I remember seeing this stuff first hand, and I wathced those mormon BCA staff cover them up, and pretend those incidents never happened!
So please go on your "Mission" someplace else, no one here is interested in what you have to say.  And while your at it, stop living in denial!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2005, 12:02:00 PM »
mission? farm animals? man, what the hell are you talking about? another idiot

Offline Roy

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2005, 04:27:00 PM »
When I worked at BCA, there were 5 therapist at BCA - they all hated the program, did everything they could to soften the trauma for the kids AND WE WERE ALL LICENSED CLINICALLY AND HIGHLY QUALIFIED. CEDU LIES. Nevertheless, licensing is not even the real issue. The real issue is ethics. Linda Daggy and Ulrich have little in the way of ethics, and almost everything they do is for prestege and especially money. Daggy isn't a great therapist - but not bad, Stanton is great. North Idaho Behavioral Health is exactly what the kids below state. It is a place to drug kids so they will be conformist robots who are easy to control.

I would also like to clear something up. People come in many shades of grey and many temperments. When they are too extreme or a danger to themselves or others, drugs can be helpful, but for the most part, drugs are used by the culture to create social robots that don't bother anyone or upset the social/economic status quo. CEDU is an institution of social control and brainwashing designed (by the mormon church) since Mel sold out (and he was a megalomaniac asshole) to create people who do not question, do not think, and are easy to control. See the the website http://mormonconspiracy/brainwashing/html. This might be the right spelling/code - if not right  search the words. That both CEDU and NIBH are brainwashing camps is a simple truth that cannot be disputed. If you disagree - so what? CEDU will fall no matter what you say because it is dark and evil. Finally, MR was and is a licensed LCSW, and is one of the most cutting edge therapists in the country. He was not fired - he resigned because he would not condone daily violations of state Residential Treatment Center Laws, and daily child abuse violations. When anyone at CEDU gives notice that they are leaving, they are slandered, harassed by human resourses, and led out immediately so that their words about what really goes on will not be taken as credable. MR's "rantings" were true, and many of the parents pulled their kids while others stood up and complained about how CEDU treated MR and lost him as their child's advocate at the parent conference. Basically, MR was praised publically and CEDU was condemned publically by the parents at that conference. It was a disaster for CEDU and an honor for MR. He is an activist for many causes human rights, environmental protection, elder law, and teen rights - see his website http://www.markrist.com (I know him and just maybe I am him) and if you don't like that it is because you are probably a victim of a cult. Few at Boulder Creek Academy, Rocky Mountain Academy and Northwest Academy are good people, but some are very good - most of the therapists (and they would not be there and take that abuse except to protect their kids) and some of the staff are good. Nevertheless most of the good ones are quickly detected and run out as soon as it is discovered that they are real, and they really care to protect kids from abusive and illegal practices.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2005, 04:48:00 PM »
How about letting MR sing his own praises? If you were a therapist, why don't you talk about yourself?

I was at that conference, and the parents were upset because their child lost their therapist and had to face starting all over with another one.  CEDU was not condemned, I was there.  Sure, folks were upset, MR wasn't the only therapist that left around that time.  They all left.  They were a pretty good group.  I know, you will say, see??? they left because CEDU is evil.  No, they were asked to take over more responsibilities since the RC's were eliminated.

Staff turnover is never easy on the kids.

CEDU may have its problems, but evil?  I don't think so.

Offline Son Of Serbia

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2005, 05:01:00 PM »
Any institution that capitalizes on the misery and suffering of others is indeed EVIL. That's exactly what Cedu does. Cedu exploits family misery for a profit, that's it.

So yes, Cedu is EVIL.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2005, 07:23:00 PM »
The loss of MR was a lot worse than the others who left, and anyone that was lucky enough to have sessions or be in a group with him would atest to that. Maybe somewhere, MR is singing his own praise, but while I'm here I'm gonna sing it too. He is one of the brightest people I have met and better at his job than most in his field.

It's thirsty thursday, so wherever you are drinkin' tonight, be sure you raise one up for MR.