Author Topic: Has anyone heard of this place???  (Read 9481 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Has anyone heard of this place???
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2005, 05:00:00 PM »
On 2005-07-20 21:04:00, ColleenMA wrote:

I have never posted on this forum before, but have done hundreds of hours of research etc on Sagewalk and have kept what I found private.

Why  :question:

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.
--Denis Diderot, French encyclopedist

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2005, 05:12:00 PM »
I attended Sagewalk in 2002. Portayal on BratCamp is  fairly accurate IMO.

Offline ColleenMA

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2005, 08:37:00 PM »
On 2005-07-21 14:00:00, Antigen wrote:

"

On 2005-07-20 21:04:00, ColleenMA wrote:

I have never posted on this forum before, but have done hundreds of hours of research etc on Sagewalk and have kept what I found private.

"

Look, I have never posted here because I only discovered this site when a close relative accepted a position at Sagewalk... hence, all the research on Sagewalk.  The last thing I need in my life right now is to hear an endless string of "Well, if you hadn't gotten ******** fired etc." I know enough about the place to know they would fire him/her.   And believe me, I would hear it for the rest of my damn life.  I don't want to do that. I just don't.  

The show sickens me and drew me out of the woodwork. I  definitely know enough about Sagewalk to know that I would be thrilled if were to be shut down by the state.  Unfortunately, Larry Solie was appointed to the Youth Program Advisory Board for the state of Oregon in 2002... so it will never happen.  

I do what I can, and my husband has posted quite a bit of the research on Fornits (through his account)because frankly, it's one of the only sites on the internet that gives parents an opposing view to a program. Kudos to you(Ginger) for all the time you spend to keep the site up and going, and also to Deborah who has an incredible volume of research. As a former program survivor, who knows the long term effects of programs like this and deals with them on a daily basis... it it a heartwrenching ordeal to have a relative inflicting this type of pain on kids.  That's why....

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2005, 08:57:00 PM »
On 2005-07-21 14:12:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I attended Sagewalk in 2002. Portayal on BratCamp is  fairly accurate IMO."

Really? Did you notice that they seem to have forgotten the rocks for cuss words policy? Is that how it went when you were there?

Religious controversies are always productive of more acrimony and irreconcilable hatreds than those which spring from any other cause.
--George Washington, Revolutionary War General and U.S. President

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2005, 09:05:00 PM »
Sorry, Collen. I didn't mean that in a threatening way. You're in a difficult situation, obviously. But at least you remain interested instead of sweeping it under the rug!

Hopefully, all this newfound publicity will backfire and bring together a whole lot of people willing to tell the other side of the story. I sort of suspect those folks make up the majority of the 10 million viewers. Time will tell. God, I hope they don't all come here at once and force me to go a-pan-handling to pay the bandwidth fees again!

It may be that our role on this planet is not to worship God, but to create him.
--Arthur C. Clarke, author

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2005, 09:12:00 PM »
Yea, having to carry those rocks around really worked. One night really sucked, we hiked from basecamp uphill to another campsite about 5 miles away or so. After we made it to the new camp, the leaders *then* told us that we forgot our "whites" (I forgot what we called the bigger white jugs of water) back at base camp. So we had to hike back down at about 10pm, then hike back up the hill with the full "whites". I was so exhausted half way back up the hill that I let loose a cuss storm. Since I was about 30 days or so into my program, the counselors were not pleased. I added about 30 lbs onto my 115 pound frame for the next 24 hours. Not fun.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2005, 09:34:00 PM »
But they're not doing that in the tv version. In the first couple of days, Frank got a few big rocks. Now they're pretty much cussing like sailors w/o any recourse. What would normally happen if a kid kept saying "this sucks"?

When elephants ? ght, it is the grass that suffers.

http://jonathangullible.com/translations/UK_Comnt040222.pdf' target='_new'>Kikuyu proverb

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2005, 10:05:00 PM »
On 2005-07-21 18:34:00, Antigen wrote:

"But they're not doing that in the tv version. In the first couple of days, Frank got a few big rocks. Now they're pretty much cussing like sailors w/o any recourse. What would normally happen if a kid kept saying "this sucks"?

When elephants ? ght, it is the grass that suffers.

http://jonathangullible.com/translations/UK_Comnt040222.pdf' target='_new'>Kikuyu proverb

"

i believe saying something sucks was acceptable, i remember one phrase we used to get around the whole swearing thing was "half-fast", the counselors allowed that.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2005, 08:41:00 AM »
I stand corrected. Dr Conner didn't give Skyline a 4-star rating after the death of Ian August. It was 5-star.
http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... m=37#21595
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2006, 09:55:00 PM »
I think all of you are idiots. You cant give an opinion on something you surely know nothing about since you have never been there or through the experience.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2006, 09:56:00 PM »
On 2005-07-21 18:12:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Yea, having to carry those rocks around really worked. One night really sucked, we hiked from basecamp uphill to another campsite about 5 miles away or so. After we made it to the new camp, the leaders *then* told us that we forgot our "whites" (I forgot what we called the bigger white jugs of water) back at base camp. So we had to hike back down at about 10pm, then hike back up the hill with the full "whites". I was so exhausted half way back up the hill that I let loose a cuss storm. Since I was about 30 days or so into my program, the counselors were not pleased. I added about 30 lbs onto my 115 pound frame for the next 24 hours. Not fun."

Thank you for sharing your experience, sorry you had to go through it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Has anyone heard of this place???
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2009, 05:55:32 PM »
My son is there right now against my will.  There is no therapy in this therapudic school.  None of the neccessary attention these boys need is being given to them.  The moto there is to fake it until you make it.  No reform at all.  Every boy I spoke to there is in agreement that there is no reform or treatment.   The director Joan McOmber is directly related to "Sagewalk" and all it controversy.  This director is rarely there and her "team" as she calls them have no professioal therapudic background.  This place is a deep deception.

DO NOT SEND YOUR SONS TO THIS PLACE!!

Sincerely,

Mother in distress!!

Quote from: "Guest"
Isn't this where one of the folks who killed Aaron Bacon ended up?  Can't remember his name off the top of my head.