Author Topic: Spring Creek Lodge Man Attempts Murder  (Read 6752 times)

Offline nite owl

• View Profile
Spring Creek Lodge Man Attempts Murder
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2005, 08:03:00 AM »
Is it any wonder?  I've said this many times before these programs attract perverts, pediophiles and other deviants.  This is why so few of the staff members speak out against the programs. They actually enjoy and derive pleasure from punishing and abusing the children in their care.

The Bible is not my book nor Christianity my profession. I could never give assent to the long, complicated statements of Christian dogma.
--Abraham Lincoln, U.S. President

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2005, 10:35:00 AM »
I would agree that these programs do attract those on a power trip, as well as those into sadism and sex with children.
But lets be fair. They also attract those who have compassion and a heart for helping troubled kids and teens.
And also, let us not forget, these programs are often located in communities with a very small economy and not many job choices - and so they will attract people who just need the work - any work.

I was given quite a bit of info on Mr. Woods. I only related what involved the shooting. I don't want to go into all the rest - but I will say it sounds like he had a fairly difficult childhood which he was *possibly* not able to overcome. Sounds like he did *possibly* have a basically caring nature - but clearly, his emotions could run the show; beyond control of his rational mind. He clearly was a dangerous dude. This wasn't his first act of violence, according to the beer joint source.
Sadly, he clearly understood the gravity of his actions and felt deep regret - as he is now dead by his own hand. A tragedy all the way around.
I imagine Bongo Bonnie is going to be feeling some extreme emotions as a result. She will most likely be beating herself up for the rest of her life - So, no need, SCL kid, to go and help her out with that task. Besides - didn't they teach you there is no right or wrong? That ?Based on results you have exactly what you intended.? So - this was what each person wanted weather or not they knew it - isn't that what this program speak means?
Anyway - it is a tragic thing and no doubt a lot of people are heart broke and some may never recover.
Should SCL have known Woods was a time bomb?
I don't know. But in light of his history for assault, it seems to me they should have.
Did he loose control with the kids?
I don't know. I hope not. But in light of his obvious tendency to rage - it seems all to likely.

Offline spots

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2005, 12:34:00 PM »
Well, I'm a confirmed cynic by now, so I'll add my little bit about the "former SCLA student" who wrote so poignantly about Mr. Woods.

When I re-read the WWASP-speak statement, it did indeed sound like a programmed juvenile.  However, a creeping thought came to mind.  During the period when Tim Wiener's front-page article on Spring Creek came up on the New York Times, the parents of SCLA were sent a letter from the director about responding to the criticism.  In a knee-jerk rambling email (which I had a copy of, and I *think* I posted on Fornits), parents were told exactly what to say to media inquiries, given addresses to write Letters to the Editor, and given the Good Ole Boy pep talk.  I was surprised at the non-professional writing, much like Ken Kay's "they're all a bunch of liars, disgruntled parents/kids/staff, etc.".  The lengthy letter also had spelling and syntax errors, which seemed unworthy of someone running a *BOARDING SCHOOL*.

Well, it's not too great a stretch to see the same rambling, unprofessional, somewhat-illiterate writing in our Former SCLA Student.  Golly, could it be that Mr. Keith Wood's admirerer is none other than the Director of Spring Creek Lodge?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2005, 12:50:00 PM »
The woman is in the hospital, having attempted suicide herself.  Read the Missoulian Online, they are continuing to cover the story.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2005, 05:24:00 PM »
Mr. Keith.
    I am a former student of SCL and this news completely took me by surprise. I havent talked to Keith in Six months so I did not know what was going on with him to help provoke this. All I know is that he was an awesome man. He meant a lot to me. He talked to me and was a friend to me when many of my own peers were not. He always, and I mean always, looked out for the kids. He was one of the best staff members that I ever had. He will be missed.
     Sure, he made a mistake. Sure he had his motives(Who knows what they were). Sure he had his secrets. And yes I do believe it was a tragedy. I have considered suicide, but tell me one person that hasnt. i dont think there is anything that is so bad you should kill yourself.
    I have cried many times since I heard the news about Mr. Keith. I never expected it. I do have to say that as a program grad, SCL is and was the best thing that ever happened in my life. At the rate I was going I would have been dead by now. I thank God every day for answering someones prayers and saving my life. I do not regret my past or my experiences, because they make me who i am. I am proud and absolutely honored to have known Mr. Keith and all of the other staff, teachers, and students while I was at SCL.
    I wanted to dedicate a song to Mr. Keith. I heard this song on the radio just a few minutes after i heard the news of his death. I would also like to dedicate this song to anyone who has ever struggled in life.       -"Hero" By Mariah Carey

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2005, 05:35:00 PM »
I am not sure who the real psychos are because from my experince of this forum, there are a lot of sadistic people out there. There was never any molesters or gangbangers or pedifiles or jerkoffs or psychotic homosexual necrophyliacs!!!! the jerkoffs are the ones in here bad mouthing everything that went on in SCLA. if you have no understanding of what happened or have never experienced SCLA yourself then shut the fuck up and stop trying to call this guy psycho. we all have our secrets. i encourage you to face your demons when you are having the hardest time of your life and see if you can live with all the bad shit you have done. take a look at yourself and know that somewhere deep down inside that you to could have done the same thing

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2005, 05:48:00 PM »

On 2005-02-07 19:34:00, Anonymous wrote:

" :scared: But you sure do illustrate how truly sick these places are.

...and in all indictments for libels the jury shall have the right to determine the law and the facts, under the direction of the court, as in other cases.

(Jury nullification. It's not just a good idea, it's the law!)
http://www.legis.state.pa.us/WU01/VC/visitor_info/creating/constitution.htm' target='_new'>Declaration of Rights, PA Constitution

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2005, 05:56:00 PM »
On 2005-02-10 14:24:00, Anonymous wrote:

Sure, he made a mistake. Sure he had his motives(Who knows what they were). Sure he had his secrets. And yes I do believe it was a tragedy. I have considered suicide, but tell me one person that hasnt. i dont think there is anything that is so bad you should kill yourself.

I realize it's just a side note to you but this was a HOMICIDE/suicide.  He shot this guy 7 times.  As incidental as this fact seems to be to you, I'm sure it's very significant to the guy and his family.

I wanted to dedicate a song to Mr. Keith. I heard this song on the radio just a few minutes after i heard the news of his death. I would also like to dedicate this song to anyone who has ever struggled in life.       -"Hero" By Mariah Carey  "

All I can do is shake my head.  I cannot believe how completely and fully indoctrinated you people are.  Each time I think I can't be more shocked at the depths to which this shit goes someone like you comes along.  Fucking amazing.

In war, the stronger overcomes the weaker. In business, the stronger imparts strength to the weaker.
--Frederic Bastiat

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2005, 07:46:00 PM »
On 2005-02-10 14:35:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I am not sure who the real psychos are because from my experince of this forum, there are a lot of sadistic people out there. There was never any molesters or gangbangers or pedifiles or jerkoffs or psychotic homosexual necrophyliacs!!!! the jerkoffs are the ones in here bad mouthing everything that went on in SCLA. if you have no understanding of what happened or have never experienced SCLA yourself then shut the fuck up and stop trying to call this guy psycho. we all have our secrets. i encourage you to face your demons when you are having the hardest time of your life and see if you can live with all the bad shit you have done. take a look at yourself and know that somewhere deep down inside that you to could have done the same thing "

You really don't get it, do you? The difference, I mean.

These are words. Ideas. Sentiments. Sometimes really mean spirited and ugly. But never even aproaching the impact of bullets!

No, I'm absolutely confident that, even when faced w/ all kinds of horrible betrayal and raging emotions, that I have not and will never put 7 bullets in anyone unless they're trying to kill me AND that's the ONLY defense left to me.

If he had lived, this could be a death penalty offense. Do you get that? Does it not make sense?

If this guy is your hero and your role model, does that mean you might go out and riddle somebody w/ bullets if your girlfriend cheats on you?

:eek:

Come to the woods, for here is rest. There is no repose like that of the green deep woods. Here grow the wallflower and the violet. The squirrel will come and sit upon your knee, the logcock will wake you in the morning. Sleep in forgetfulness of all ill. Of all the upness accessible to mortals, there is no upness comparable to the mountains.
-- John Muir

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline chi3

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2005, 10:42:00 PM »
No, this guy definately doesn't get it. He has no concept of the fact that murder is wrong. Cheating on someone is not justifiable to kill. Whoever you are, you deeply need help. Please get some councelling before you are also in this position. I didn't know the man. To you he might have been wonderful. Unfortunately the end doesn't justify the means. If he didn't think he had done a horrible act, then why did he kill himself? People change, maybe he was someone completely different when you knew him. All the rest of the world can see is what he became.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2005, 12:20:00 AM »
You folks need to be a little more understanding of this guy "I wanna be just like my hero Keith Wood".

He's been hanging around SCL for heaven's sake.

His words speak for themselves.

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2005, 11:07:00 AM »
//You folks need to be a little more understanding of this guy "I wanna be just like my hero Keith Wood".

He's been hanging around SCL for heaven's sake.

His words speak for themselves. //

OK, sure, the kid can have some slack - but this kid does need a wake up call. I think he/she needed to "hear" everything said so far.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2005, 01:49:00 AM »
Hey guys, I grew up in Kalispell with a Keith Woods that the same age as this individual. He shot both his parents and went to Deer Lodge for it after he came out of the juvenile program. (He was about 16 at the time of the murders.) Anyway, does anyone know if this is the same Keith?

Thanks a lot,
ex-neighbor

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2005, 08:52:00 PM »
Here?s something to think about in this case.

The entry hole made by the bullet into Keith Wood?s head was on the right side of his head: Keith Wood was left handed.

According to experts in the field of physiology who deal with this type trauma, the shooting pattern was one of where the shooter was defending him self.
A person in a rage at such rang would have shot this person in the head and sense the victim was not armed (?) why didn?t he? Plus there were five bullets left in the magazine.
Also the victim was conscious thru out the ordeal, this we know because there was a doctor who arrived on the scene shortly after the shooting and talked with the victim till the ambulance came. It seems if Keith Wood was in a rage why didn?t finish the job?

Keith Wood was working in what most would term as a high pressure job with kids who could set you off very easily it would take some discipline and metal preparedness just to counter what may or may not happen. I would think this would be enough to bring out any personality problems that may have existed. This is strictly speculation on my part.  

Bongo Bonnie four days later was observed at 1:00 A.M. on Feb. 6 in plains heading west toward Thompson Falls, she was speeding in a 25 mph. zone doing approx: 42 mph. when officers tried to flag her over she refused to stop for them.
The chase eventually reached speeds up to 95 mph according to officers.
After she was finely stopped she produced a 32 caliber semi-auto pistol waving at officers and pointing at them.
Then she ran off into the woods by the park in Thompson Falls, the officers hear a shoot.
Bongo Bonnie is found with a flesh wound in her shoulder, hardly attempted suicide.
The officers run a check on the hand gun and it turns out to be stolen.

Bongo Bonnie has a past to: 1) She is or has been a cocaine user.
                                              2) She has had two of her children taken away from her.
                                               3) She was involved in a similar shooting situation in
                                                another state, only this time know one got killed.

Shawn Emmett chief of police of Plains Mt. who investigated the crime scene has stated she is a know liar. Not much creditability there.

Was the stolen hand gun at the crime scene in someone else?s possession?
Was it fired?
Or was it just used to scare someone? If it was used to scar someone then it looks like it worked.

Unfortunately the community will never know since the police did not swab the hands of all those present at the crime scene for powder residue.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2005, 10:58:00 AM »
On 2005-02-10 14:35:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I am not sure who the real psychos are because from my experince of this forum, there are a lot of sadistic people out there. There was never any molesters or gangbangers or pedifiles or jerkoffs or psychotic homosexual necrophyliacs!!!! the jerkoffs are the ones in here bad mouthing everything that went on in SCLA. if you have no understanding of what happened or have never experienced SCLA yourself then shut the fuck up and stop trying to call this guy psycho. we all have our secrets. i encourage you to face your demons when you are having the hardest time of your life and see if you can live with all the bad shit you have done. take a look at yourself and know that somewhere deep down inside that you to could have done the same thing "

Haha, funniest shit I've read yet today. So, you are implying the psychos hang out here on this board, and don't apply for a job at Spring Creek?

take a look at yourself and know that somewhere deep down inside that you to could have done the same thing

Okay....  :roll: