Author Topic: WHO ARE YOU  (Read 12647 times)

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
WHO ARE YOU
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2005, 08:56:00 PM »
Miss Inga,

I always sign on when I have something to say.

And my little 12 year old daughter does not read or write on this site, thank you very much.

And from how nicely she talks about you, your language does surprise me.

Joyce Harris
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
WHO ARE YOU
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2005, 09:02:00 PM »
Excuse me:  I was using dignity, and I properly put the student's vulgar words in quotation marks if you would bother to re-read what I wrote.

I do not use those kinds of words myself.  I was pointing out to this student that using these types of words DO NOT SHOCK PEOPLE as much as they think.

They can make thier point more clearly, and will be listened to MORE, if they will delete the vulgar words, and just state what they want to say.

Your reprimand was incorrect.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
WHO ARE YOU
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2005, 09:03:00 PM »
Joyce -
Was it explained to you prior to placement that this is a Mormon program?
I'm just wondering if this was explained upfront.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
WHO ARE YOU
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2005, 01:04:00 AM »
On 2005-02-15 17:32:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Gmom, if you're a grandmother, shouldn't you be acting a little more respectful. I can't believe some of the things that you're saying. I thought grandmothers were different. I'm sorry for you!"

What in the hell are you people talking about??? Are you delusional? Gmom's not being at all crude or disrespectful that I've seen. And here you are calling her granddaughter horrible names and making really awful, slanderous statements about her. And you think this is going to convince anyone that there's nothing goin' on up there at the Whitmore but some good, clean, wholesome fun? What color is the sky in your world?
 :rofl:

Lighthouses are more helpful then churches.
--Benjamin Franklin, American Founding Father, author, and inventor

10/80 - 10/82
Anonymity Anonymous
Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
WHO ARE YOU
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2005, 10:08:00 PM »
Excuse me.

If you are going to be rude to me with your comments, you need to re-apply your very poor reading skills.

You are referring to me-Joyce Harris- as the "grandmother" and I believe you are referring to my little 12 year old daughter as her granddaughter, Leah.

So, you may be rude to me--but you may not insinuate that my little girl might have AIDS.

Please be very careful about who you are insulting.

I am Joyce Harris, and so far, I am not a grandmother, but I hope I will be since I have two married sons.

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
WHO ARE YOU
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2005, 10:15:00 PM »
No, it was not explained as a MORMON program.

We were told that the students at Whitmore had the free choice of attending any church in Nephi.

But we assumed that since Mark and Cheryl attending the "Mormon" Church, that Zita would attend with them.  We had no problem with this.

What we did have a problem with was reading the weblog, written by Whitmore students: which stated that any students who did not attend Church on Sundays(even if the student said they were sick) was denied all previleges the following week.

I felt this was very wrong, and was forcing students to participate, even if sick.

BUT by no means were we told that Whitmore Academy was a MORMAN CHRISTIAN SCHOOL.  We were simply told that the Sudweeks attended the Mormon Church, and that the kids enjoyed going with them.

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
WHO ARE YOU
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2005, 10:20:00 PM »
We were never told that the Whitmore Academy was legally, or finacially, or academically, or in any way endorsed or sponsored by the Mormon Church...known by us as Ladder Days Saints.

Why do you ask us this question?

We did not choose Whitmore Academy based on any type of religious preferences.

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
WHO ARE YOU
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2005, 10:28:00 PM »
NOw that we have it straight that I am not a grandmother, and that Leah is not my grandmother.

I do have a question for you:

If your brother has only been at Whitmore for a month----and I understand that Leah has not been at the Whitmore for several months.....

Just how do YOU know that this young lady is a slut???

You need to learn this lesson very early in life young lady:  Do not go around repeating vicious gossip told to you by strangers that you have only know on one little brief visit to a place that you know absolutely nothing about.

YOU do not know Leah.  YOU do not know her grandmother.  And you certainly do not know ME.

So, speak of thing you do know.

If you are impressed with Whitmore--then speak of the nice things that impressed you. Tell about the positive things that you think are working for your brother there.

But, do not slander other people the hope of defending people and policies that you know absolutely nothing about.

Now you have a very nice day.

Offline Gmom

• View Profile
WHO ARE YOU
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2005, 12:57:00 AM »
I try very hard not to stoop to the level of name calling and not staying on the topic.  But I just might make an exception here.  You obviously do not even know my granddaughter.  She has not been at the Whitmore for several months.  Maybe you belong there -- let your angels from God teach you some manners -- their methods, I'm sure, are just what you need.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
WHO ARE YOU
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2005, 10:45:00 AM »
The reason I ask, is due to concern that people might enroll students with the impression it is a Christian school; or a school were, as you state, the student has free choice; but were in fact the students are pressured to take part in Mormon worship and where they are indoctrinated in Mormon theology.
This would be a problem for me; and I would suspect many others as well.
I do understand this is not an issue of concern for lots of people; but for those who believe Mormonism is a cult, and one which teaches very false things that can effect ones eternal life - this is a major concern.
It concerns me. That's why I ask. I have been told it was a Christian program with no mention of Mormonism. And so I wondered if this was the norm.

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
WHO ARE YOU
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2005, 11:26:00 AM »
About the Mormon Religion at Whitmore:

When we enrolled our 12 year old daughter at Whitmore---we just assumed that Zita would attend the Morman Church with the Sudweeks, and we honestly did not have a problem with Zita learning about a religion that if very different from our own.  

We took it upon ourselves to begin to study about this faith--in order to be aware of some of its teachings.

We looked upon the Sudweeks "being Mormon as a positive."  That they would PROBABLY have high moral values, and PROBABLY have strong family values, and that they would PROBABLY be kind people.

But our daughter's experience at Whitmore proved that our expectations were completely WRONG!

And this by no means is no reflection on the Morman Church or its teachings or values.

I do not believe for one moment that that Sudweeks represent the normal, everyday, faithful member of the Ladder Days Saints Religion, which many of us refer to as the Morman Church.

I would not refer to the Mormon religion as a "cult."  Nor would I ever criticize anyone's chozen religion.

What I do criticize is people who dare hide behind ANY religion to try and justify and uphold their incomprehensible behaviors, and dare say they are doing it in the name of FAMILY, in the name of LOVE, and in the name of GODLINESS.   That is wrong!

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
WHO ARE YOU
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2005, 11:32:00 AM »
I do have one other remark:

If you have been told that Whitmore Academy is simply a Christian-based "school" and that a child enrolled there will not be exposed to the Mormon religion, and will not be REQUIRED to attend the Mormon Church----then what you have been told is a TOTAL MISREPRESENTATION!!!!!!

Children at Whitmore Academy must attend the  Mormor Church, or at least they did while my daughter was there.

I am not saying that was a bad thing---but that is just the way it was.

Offline Gmom

• View Profile
WHO ARE YOU
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2005, 12:03:00 PM »
Not only was there pressure to attend the Morman church on Sundays, the kids attend "education week" at BYU.  "Education week" is the teachings of the Morman religion.  One of the trips taken, while my granddaughter was there, was the trail the Mormans took when they finally settled in Utah.  Lots of stress is placed on the teachings of the Morman religion.  If a child choses not to attend church, that child is required to spend the day in "the room" writing.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
WHO ARE YOU
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2005, 12:28:00 PM »
What is "the room?"

Please don't tell me it is something like:

"the clothes"

Or

"the bunk room"

What else went on at that place????