Author Topic: Miricle Workers  (Read 6857 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Miricle Workers
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2005, 10:12:00 PM »
The things done by the kids at Whitmore, good or bad, have nothing to do with abuse, sleep deprivation, lack of schooling, counseling, food, etc.  Nothing any of the kids do or have done justify the type of treatment we are hearing about.  Pointing fingers serves no purpose.  Everyone is there because there were problems at home.  That's pretty obvious.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Miricle Workers
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2005, 10:17:00 PM »
And what a finishing school they're running up there!

To make certain that crime does not pay, the government should take it
over and try to run it

--G. Norman Collie

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Miricle Workers
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2005, 07:50:00 PM »
Actually, the education at the Whitmore is going great! Oh, by the way, they do give them National Standardized Tests. Why are you so upset with Whitmore? What did they do to you? Have you ever been there? If not, how would you know what goes on? There is an open-door policy. Why not go check it out for yourself?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Miricle Workers
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2005, 08:06:00 PM »
Ms. Harris, accredidation is only a word. My children went to a private christian school that has never been acredited with the state, only nationally. The school happens to be one of the best in the state and colleges look for that school on transcripts. Also, homeschooling in some states does not require accredidation. Parents can homeschool their children without answering to anyone. And, just because there was no formal state accredidation does not mean there was no education. Is your child back in school? Is your child on the expected grade level? So why are you complaining? Oh, by the way, Whitmore does give National Standardized Tests.

And, Ms. Harris, you know the abuse allegations were false and you also know the story of what really happened, so why are you trying to make Whitmore look so bad? There was one bad kid that cried "wolf" and all hell breaks lose. He had already been in how many other programs before attending Whitmore and he was only there a short time before this happened. He is an extremely manipulative child and it worked. You know all of these things so why?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Miricle Workers
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2005, 08:10:00 PM »
I do think the cussing needs to stop. If there are parents out there who are interested in Whitmore, go visit. I think it's an awesome place. It may not be for all children, but it is definitely not like some of these people of this website have tried to portray. You just need to see for yourself. They can help some, but not others. But, isn't that the same with all programs?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Miricle Workers
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2005, 12:55:00 AM »
I have to agree w/ you, anon. Whitmore does sound a whole lot like the other programs in many respects.  :rofl:

Any priest or shaman must be presumed guilty until proven innocent.
--Robert A. Heinlen, American science-ficiton author

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Miricle Workers
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2005, 12:59:00 AM »
I homeschool my kids. In my state, no accredidation is required. However, if I were to sign an affidavit stating that I were operating an accredited school and then accept payment from parents for enroling their kids in my ficticious accredited school... well I just wouldn't do that.

There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is
proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in
everlasting ignorance- that principle is contempt prior to investigation.
--Herbert Spencer

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
Miricle Workers
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2005, 10:44:00 PM »
To Anon: Accreditation is more than a word, thank you.

IF it is not important---then why are the Sudweeks taking the bother to try and get accredited then??????

Simple: My understanding is that the Sudweeks need the "school" accredited in order to get a license from the City of Nephi to even have a school there.  Guess "accreditation" is more than just a WORD TO THEM.

And in the State of Utah, and in the State of Texas...home school parents are required by law to register with their local school districts.
So---there are rules to follow, and standards to meet. Operative word there: LAWS!!!

As far as what we know about the on-going investigations against the Sudweeks that is our business.

Please read the topic on this site: Truth Will Prevail if you would like a couple of examples of who tells lies.  

Richard and I have given our statement, and you are welcome to read it.