Author Topic: st. pete 81-83  (Read 1150 times)

Offline dreammagician

• View Profile
st. pete 81-83
« on: October 20, 2002, 08:13:00 AM »
Just wondering if anyone out there remembers the way things were and how adversely all of this effected our entire lives. All the way down this road it is still hard to shake the straight bullshit. They screwed my family life up a hell of alot.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Shelby

• View Profile
st. pete 81-83
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2002, 08:52:00 AM »
I was in St. Pete between June and October of 1982, then spent another 2 years in the VA program. I certainly do remember the way things were in St. Pete - all too well.

Shelby
[email protected]

Offline enough

• View Profile
st. pete 81-83
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2002, 07:51:00 AM »
Letha Yost and others use to tell us in Atlanta how easy we had it compared to the Florida groups. We were told that in the old days, that would be prior to Dec 83, there were peanut butter diets, regualr beatings, people had to wear 'humble pants', and worse.

It was a tool for making us 'appreciative' of our own personal set of tortures.

The torture didn't go away after Fred's lawsuit, it just became something that was more subtle and underground at least in Atlanta.

Also the Atlanta ACLU and DHS was fighting the program i nthe early eighties, they interviewed me sometime in 1984 over dinner one night, but I re-entered the group before they could track me down for a lawsuit.

Offline dreammagician

• View Profile
st. pete 81-83
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2002, 12:16:00 PM »
Fred use to be foster brother of mine over at Rick's trailer from Chicago. We had some good times playing Atari I remember at least, the only moment of relaxation at straight. Being from Orlando area I was forced to live my teenage years at straight inc. in st. pete. Dr. Newton? What a weirdo. I hated that place. Peanut butter diets, you name it, if you rebelled at all yu had 5 guys sittin on you and laughing at you, the a/c was also used as a tool like food. They would sometimes make you go into a room and no one was allowed to talk to you or even mention your existence. Another words, you weren't there. How could everyone be so fooled to beleive that this was a good place. A place of hell. Your stared over, day 1. Intake rooms? If you carved in your arm or acted out immediate punishment, this was cool if you liked to be tortured. I guess I'll leave on the note that zippedeedoodaa sucks