Author Topic: Parent support groups?  (Read 7435 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Parent support groups?
« on: February 01, 2005, 10:57:00 PM »
Does Whitmore have anything like parent support groups? Or do they recomend anything like EST?

If not, that would be another significant difference between them and the WWASP type programs.

But I'm wondering what's behind those letters of support that I saw on Woodbury Reports. Here's the link http://www.strugglingteens.com/news/let ... index.html

Anyone have any ideas about how these folks came to know the Sudweeks were in trouble and in need of a flash crowd of supporters?

All I ask is equal freedom.  When it is denied, as it always is, I take it anyhow.
--H.L. Mencken

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Parent support groups?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 03:11:00 PM »
Beats me how they all got together and wrote those support letters, but you sure don't want to reply to any of them. I made that mistake, and replied to the email address given, and wrote to one of them asking a question. I got ripped to shreds. Lots of anger there.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Parent support groups?
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 05:47:00 PM »
Really? What were they angry about?

An individual who should survive his physical death is beyond my comprehension, nor do I wish it; such notions are for the fears or absurd egoism of feeble souls.

--Albert Einstein

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Parent support groups?
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2005, 05:54:00 PM »
chris again.. mark and cheryl asked for people to write letters if they were happy with the whitmore.. also the parents started their own discussion board which mark and cheryl have no access to.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Parent support groups?
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2005, 07:33:00 PM »
Thanks Chris. How do you know that Mark and Cheryl don't have access?

Don't take this the wrong way, please. I'm not saying it's not true. Just trying to guague the liklihood. Do you have access?

No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the sources of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0679737898/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'>P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
Parent support groups?
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2005, 10:03:00 AM »
The supportive parents' anger was just weird stuff to me. Sort of like if anyone could possible believe anything negative about the Sudweeks then they naturally had to be attack from all angles. Like "how dare you ask anything about the Sudweeks....they are a gift from God... you people saying they abused kids will pay...you are a liar..." OR "Who are you? You don't know Mark and Cheryl, I do!"   That kind of thing. Any one with an opinion not supportive of the Sudweeks is just wrong in their opinion and will not have a voice. So there is no use in trying to have a dialog with them and present any other point of view.  It is just a waste of time.

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
Parent support groups?
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2005, 10:05:00 AM »
For parents who support Mark and Cheryl, how do you get on this message board>

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Parent support groups?
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2005, 10:09:00 AM »
its a board for parents in general. only they have access i only know this because my mom has access..
all i know is that its a group discussion board for any parents who want to join. it was started by one of the parents a while back

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Parent support groups?
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2005, 01:20:00 PM »
The Sudweeks asked us to write letters and my child told me that if I did not SHE would be the one suffering for it.  The parent's are blinded by a need to beleive in something because they are so desperate to help their kids.  They kiss up to Cheryl because they know if you don't your kid will suffer.  It's a sick place.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Parent support groups?
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2005, 03:40:00 PM »
So you wrote one of those letters on the woodbury site? I won't ask you to identify which one.

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.  
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0136374069/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'> Andrew Tannenbaum

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Parent support groups?
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2005, 03:01:00 PM »
That is a LIE. A parent to that discussion site Caring Parents Support Group gave the password to Cheryl Sudweeks.  That site is not private at all. Cheryl Sudweeks reads every word that is posted and knows all!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Parent support groups?
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2005, 03:24:00 PM »
There is not a password to get into the Caring Parents site.  You have to be invited by the originator and you make up your own user id and password.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Parent support groups?
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2005, 10:01:00 AM »
Excuse me...just a technicality here.  the parent "who was INVITED made up a password, OK?...then passed along this password to Cheryl..."

Just wanted parents on that little website to be careful, and they might as well go ahead and invite the Sudweeks to join that little group, because the Sudweeks are privy to all they talk about anyway.  I believe that's up for a democratic vote right now anyway, isn't it?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Parent support groups?
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2005, 02:33:00 PM »
if your child was concerned about suffering if your parents did not write a letter of support, it would only be peer pressure that would bother her. Mark and Cheryl would not hurt your child. They only needed parental support at a time of need. A couple of kids did not like it at the Whitmore so they're lashing back. It's sad to think that such a small group of kids could hurt good people so devastatingly. But, the peer pressure is at the Whitmore just like anywhere else. Most of the kids just happen to really care for Mark and Cheryl and they defend them. Nothing wrong with that.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Parent support groups?
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2005, 02:37:00 PM »
Joyce, has anyone contacted you about the parent group. It is a very private group with only the parents having access. You have to be invited. If that has not happened, reply.