Author Topic: HOW WOULD ONE BUY HIS STRAIGHT FILE  (Read 4317 times)

Offline SLAM

• View Profile
HOW WOULD ONE BUY HIS STRAIGHT FILE
« on: October 08, 2002, 07:39:00 PM »
DAMN, DAMN, DAMN,...BACK WHEN I WAS SR/JR. STAFF I KNEW I SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT (OR STOLE)MY STRAIGHT FILE.  THEY SAID WE COULD BUY THEM...CAUSE SHIT.. JUST THINK IF THEY ENDED UP JUST DUMPING THOSE OLD FILES IN THE DUMPSTER OUT BACK TO MAKE ROOM FOR NEW ONES.   IT COULD HAPPEN, AND PROBABLY HAS.   I HAVE THIS STRANGE FEELING THAT I DID BUY IT AND DESTROY IT, BY FIRE, BUT I CAN'T REALLY REMEMBER DUE TO ALL OF THE SELF-DESTRUCTIVE DRUG USE AND DRINKING I DID AFTER I GOT OUT TO TRY TO FORGET THE NUMBER THEY DID ON MY BRAIN...BUT IF THAT WAS ONLY A DREAM...HOW CAN I FIND OUT IF THEY STILL HAVE MY (GET THIS) "TREATMENT FILE".   THE TREATMENT WAS FUCKING REALLY BAD.  I WAS IN ORLANDO STRAIGHT 87' THRU 90'..SO LEMME KNOW IF YOU KNOW HOW.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2002, 08:05:00 PM »
Hey moron why don't u loose the all caps. BTW: who gives a rats ass about your file, it probably sez u r a big friggin schmuck!!!!

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2002, 10:21:00 PM »
Yeah, those would be a treasure trove for those of us who are serious about smacking the founders.  
Think about it...I bet they were all tossed in a dumpster in some mildewed part of St Pete.  
  As for ANONOMOUS, you sound like one who has experience with schmucks and morons; look in the mirror and you may see that your propensity for assininity has no place here.  This board is for people doing something REAL, so don't speak for me about rats asses as gifts.
Bill
Bill H
St Pete & Atlanta, never surrendered!
12/80-12/82

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2002, 09:02:00 AM »
SLAM it sounds to me as if your interested in your file from straight (if I read that correctly) I myself have been wondering the same thing. Where are these files now? Were they destroyed when Straight closed? if so we won't get them back. But if they wern't destroyed who has them now? I've been on the straightinc site (the Wes Fager one) and it only says stuff about Orlando, not the Michigan Straight I was in, and I don't find a lot about Michigan Straight on that site, can someone find more info about this or perhaps direct me somewhere where I can obtain information regarding these files?
Thanks
usan Minns

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2002, 03:00:00 AM »
According to the program, when I called them in Atlanta in the early ninties, files were destroyed three years after separation.

All that was left was a piece of paper that said I had been a client, everything else was gone- though they could not confirm that it had been shredded.

They were none to happy to have me nosing around either and asked that I not make any further contact - after all I had self withdrawn.

They also said that even if a file had been leftover, they would not release it to me, only to a licensed clinician.

Offline SLAM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2002, 12:14:00 AM »
WHO'S THE FUCKING SMUCK YOU PRICK!!?? YOU'RE THE FAG WHO REMAINS ANONYMOUS YOU FUCKING COWARD ASS SHIT EATING SCAT ADDICT.  GO SHIT IN A CUP AND EAT FOR DESSERT YOU LAME FUCK!!
P.S.  I'LL WHIP YOUR FUCKING ANONYMOUS PUSSY ASS TO A PULP IF I EVER FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE.  I BENCH 420 AND I'LL CRUSH YOU YOU PUSS

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2002, 03:48:00 PM »
First of all I am not the anonymous scub bucket that's been showing some disrespect, I forgot my pass word so I'm posting anoymously but I do sign my name.  Now on to the reply.

What I wouldn't give to have my Client File, 7th Step file and especially my Staff File.  When I was a Trainee I had access to my file and really wanted to take it.  But I was too much of a chicken shit to try it.  It was pretty clear that for whatever reason, they didn't want you looking at your own files.

When Cincinnati closed in 1988 I suspect that all the files were shipped to St. Pete.  After St. Pete closed they were either destroyed or where shipped to Atlanta until 1993.

The is a lawyer who was involved in Straight that works just down the street from me.  I think I'll give him a call and see what he can or is willing to tell me about the files.

Respectfully
Don

Offline enough

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2002, 04:01:00 PM »
The policy of the foundation after 1985, as it was told to me when I tried to get my file, was to destroy all records other than an acknowledgement og enrollment three years after you separated with the program.

What that definition was with regard to people who seven stepped I cannot say, but for me as a withdrawal in 1985, my records were destroyed in 1988.

Since the program has been completely dimantled, and since the people who ran would most likely prefer that no records were ever made public, you can make it a pretty safe bet that there are no records at all remaining.

If you really want to find out though, you can contact the corporate officer listed on their corporate record, and have a lawyer make a registered request of records on your behalf.

Psychiatric records are rarely if ever released to the client, and are generally only released to other clinicians or lawyers.

For instance here in California, a clinician can actually be held criminally liable for releasing psych. records to the patient, if those records contain information or opinions that may be damaging to the psyche of the client.

This provides fantastic cover for programs like straight as they can easily deny these records to former clients on this basis.

Part of the sign in and sign out agreements included a agreement to destroy the records after a defined period, it may have varied state by state-

Any Sr. Staffers want to chime in on this one? I am speaking as a former trainee , and yes I also looked at my records while doing filing- it was not pretty. Indeed, while i was on trainee we were told tht we could no longer be in the file room without another trainee or higher present.

I wrote a couple of treatment plans, or what passed forthem at the cult, we were pretty cautious about putting in disparaging comments- I think that getting a fifth phase obs book intact would be far more revealing.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2002, 08:48:00 PM »
Hey Slam you were a staff member. In other words you are and always will be a scumbag. You tortured young children for no legitimate reason. You were an active participant in ruining their lives. Like I said loose the caps. Whats the problem is your caps lock broken ? Needless to say you conclude your post with a physical threat. What a joke. What are you going to do beat me the way you beat many children years ago ?

Offline the other anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2002, 09:30:00 PM »
Anonymous, are you saying that you remained completely unaffected by the Straight cult, never lost your way in there, never did anything you are not proud of?  Anyone who ever stood up and even mildly slammed another person, anyone who took control over a newcomer, anyone who gained prestige on a higher phase and used that prestige and power to humiliate and hurt and control lower phasers was an "active participant".

What I see when I look back is that I just freaked out in Straight.  I bowed to no authority before I was put in there -- which is why I was put in there -- but being imprisoned like that knocked me right out.  Would it make any sense if I said I wore light pink for years after Straight?  I felt like a light pink person.  FINALLY, through a lot of anger and tearing emotion, I gained a lot of color back.

So once again, I will not fault you for your anger.

Once, I had a misbehaver as a newcomer.  I secretly really liked and admired her.  She said to me, when we were alone, away from the other phasers in the house, "this place (Straight) is so unhealthy, don't you think?"  I couldn't really answer her.  I could neither agree nor disagree because I respected her enough to listen, and yet all the gears were kicking in to churn out the right thought, to make the correct response to any questioning of the program.  It is exactly like in 1984 -- crimestop, goodthink.  I was well trained.  I was under the powerful influence of Straight.

So, personally, I give former staff the latitude to regret their actions, and allow the good possibility that they were as terribly, viciously influenced as myself.  I am speaking of junior and senior staff who went through the program.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2002, 12:08:00 AM »
On 2002-11-03 21:14:00, SLAM wrote:
I BENCH 420 AND I'LL CRUSH YOU YOU PUSS

I wonder if you know how much I can bench?

BTW, is that in marshmallows or cream puffs?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2002, 12:24:00 AM »
I believe you, enough. I think those bogus files were burned or just hauled off to the dump a long time ago. But an interesting aside here; when Radley published his article on Sammie at foxonline.com, some anonymous advocate of Betty Sembler's called the publisher and threatened a lawsuit. This person claimed to have access to Sammie's records and that they proved that she never spend a night in the building.

Is that so! Well, I was in the same time as Sammie. I'd like mine, please. Oh, and ask Sammie. I bet she'd like to get her file as well.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Majiktrvls

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2002, 12:26:00 AM »
How in the world do you live with so much misdirected rage?
The New Definition of BITCH....Babe In Total Control of Herself!!

Offline dreammagician

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2002, 03:23:00 AM »
I really could care less where my file is. I know it has been trashed for years. Who would want some old file hangin around. I remember my mom saving my M.I.s for a long time after straight. One day I read them and damn they were lame. I use to hate writing those things. I'm feelin sick as I think about it.

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2002, 06:25:00 PM »
No one ever told me if they were destroyed or kept for various reasons, I would assume someone might have them somewhere, even it was at Pathway.
I care where they are only for the fact that I would be interested to see what is written about me, and how many lies they wrote down about things I didn't do, say or hear.

[ This Message was edited by: ladyjerrico on 2002-11-05 15:26 ]
usan Minns