Author Topic: Straight vs. Prison, In-patient psych treatment, Army, etc.  (Read 1562 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Straight vs. Prison, In-patient psych treatment, Army, etc.
« on: January 30, 2005, 12:58:00 PM »
If you have been in both Straight (or LIFE, SAFE, etc) and in boot camp, prison, or in-patient pysch treatment, or another similar thing, maybe you could say which one was preferable or how they compare. At least twice recently people to whom I have tried to briefly describe Straight have said it sounds like boot camp or like prison. I am a little at a loss as to how to explain it to them. Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2005, 10:24:00 PM »
Id choose prison first,bootcamp second and LIFE (straight)style program last.At least in prison/bootcamp they didnt play with your mind and break apart your family,they leave you to think on your own.Being in LIFE is like having a USA Military scumbag tie you to a chair and show you pictures of your family and saying "we killed your mother,now tell us what we want to know or we will force your grandmother to have sex with your dog then kill her next".

Offline plomly22

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2005, 11:56:00 PM »
I preffered in-patient psych treatment over any of the programs I went to. The people actually treated you with respect and didn't try to make you think a certain way.

I went to three different psych hospitals and the third one I went to I didn't care for beacuse there was only one other person there the first time I was there which was kind of wierd, but I got to watch TV all day long. I met some cool people in psych.

The staff at the psychs were way nicer and not out to get you in trouble when you messed up on one little thing. The therapist were nicer to and listened to your problems not made more for you.
Spring Ridge Academy 97-99
SUWS 99
Dancing Moon Ranch 99-00

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2005, 02:38:00 PM »
I remember a few guys who chose to go to prison rather than stay in Straight.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2005, 01:39:00 AM »
I ran like hell. period. :smokin:

Offline Scarstruck

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2005, 09:21:00 AM »
Ive been in prison, state felon in patient rehab, straight, and 8 other in patient rehabs.
  Prison was better...the state run felony rehab program was a joke just a glorified jail with some (laugh) treatment classes.
b] KATHY DAVID IS A CHILD MOLESTOR[/b]
\"You knew I was a snake when you picked me up\" ~S.S

Offline Woof-a-Doof

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2005, 09:34:00 AM »
In order of preference, least preferrable ascending to most preferable.
#5) Straight Inc.
#4) Prison/Count Jails
#3) In-Patient
#2) Half-Way Houses
#1) Boot Camp (military)

Order of Occurence:
*Straight Inc.
*Boot Camp (military)
*Prison/Count Jails
*Half-Way Houses
*In-Patient

Four of the five were "structured" environments, with clear objectives. Generally, those same four have legitimate outcomes and are standardized with "professional staff" with "professional care".

Straight Inc. at the time I was there (1978-1980'ish) had none of those things.Although Newton was a fresh blip on the radar.

Similar maybe to Prison/Jail, in the sense that it was a housing facility, without the luxury of law.
What is right is not always popular...What is popular is not always right

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2005, 09:56:00 AM »
I went from Straight to a psych hospital. The hospital was like a vacation. I found myself using the hospitals to get breaks from stress in life. My friend and I both from Straight called the hospital our home. When life got rough, we would sign ourselves in and get a break/vacation. Wow! Never new how sick that was untill I just read it lol. I think Jail would be easy just because you can at least have things to take your mind off it like reading, writting, radio, television, talking to others, oh and you can get an education in jail, and I hear that some have weight rooms and such, The medical care in jail I hear is great. I think jail would be easier than the military cause I think I would have flash backs of Straight in the military. The thought of someone yelling in my face makes my heart race.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2005, 04:36:00 PM »
Well, I was In Straight in 1990.  I WORKED in an all male close security prison for a couple of years.  Prison was cake in comparison to Straight.  The inmates were allowed visitors all weekend.  They were allowed to buy food at the prison "store" and smokes.  They by law were not allowed to be deprived food, or time outside, or even phone calls.  They were allowed to read, go to the library and use the restroom whenever needed.  Am I saying it was paradise?  No, of course not.  But all the things I just listed were the exact opposite at Straight.  Oh yeah, they also could listen to music of their choice, watch TV etc etc.  

Need I say more?

Thea

Offline Scarstruck

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2005, 12:50:00 PM »
On 2005-02-05 13:36:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Well, I was In Straight in 1990.  I WORKED in an all male close security prison for a couple of years.  Prison was cake in comparison to Straight.  The inmates were allowed visitors all weekend.  They were allowed to buy food at the prison "store" and smokes.  They by law were not allowed to be deprived food, or time outside, or even phone calls.  They were allowed to read, go to the library and use the restroom whenever needed.  Am I saying it was paradise?  No, of course not.  But all the things I just listed were the exact opposite at Straight.  Oh yeah, they also could listen to music of their choice, watch TV etc etc.  

Need I say more?

Thea"

Sounds alot diffrent than Texas
b] KATHY DAVID IS A CHILD MOLESTOR[/b]
\"You knew I was a snake when you picked me up\" ~S.S