Author Topic: List of PURE programs  (Read 9266 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
List of PURE programs
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2005, 08:16:00 PM »
Really, as long as she's being up front about it (now), I think it's six of these, half dozen of the other.

If you call a State Farm insurance agent, you can expect to hear all about State Farm insurance and financial products. You wouldn't expect them to sell you some other company's products, would you? Now, it would be nice if it didn't take a discovery demand to find out who IS paying the bills, wouldn't it?

But look at the damned advertising! It reads like an ad for Miss Cleo. "Are you troubled? Is you life in shambles? Are you feeling particularly vulnerable right at this moment? Then CALL NOW, before something horrible happens!" (or you come to your senses)  :roll:

And, in that regard, whether they have some shady conflict of interest (Bundy) or not, they're all the same. If they're paid by the parents, they're going to say whatever the parents want to hear. "Oh my, Nancy, no! You should NOT have to put up w/ Cindy dating a boy you disaprove of! I have just the place for her...."

[Religion is] the daughter of hope and fear, explaining to ignorance the nature of the unknowable.
--Ambrose Bierce

10/80 - 10/82
Anonymity Anonymous
Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
List of PURE programs
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2005, 01:44:00 AM »
aren't you going to be surprised *who* is actually paying *the bill* after discovery?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
List of PURE programs
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2005, 09:30:00 AM »
aren't you going to be surprised *who* is actually paying *the bill* after discovery?

If you know something we don't know, why not share it?  Why the game?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
List of PURE programs
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2005, 09:53:00 AM »
It is just annoying...when you are referred by Sue to an abusive school, and go back and read her web site.  Then you see the BIG TYPE ON IT and it says "more or less" at no cost to the  parents.  WELL it just gives the "impression" that this NICE CARING WOMAN is doing you a service out of the "goodness of her heart bla bla bla."  It doesn't really matter...people would EVEN BE HAPPY TO PAY HER!!!!  It is just deceptive, and when you bring home your abused kid, it just makes it seem a whole lot worse that you know SHE DECEIVED YOU---and it IS all about money. Wonder how this woman even sleeps at night. Worse yet she plays on what she says was the abuse of her own kid to do all this. Makes you wonder about people. Really does.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
List of PURE programs
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2005, 11:16:00 AM »
You might want to add Montana to the mix of unregulated states. There are more programs sprouting up there than in Utah. The state encourages programs to relocate there because they bring jobs for the uneducated & otherwise unemployable population of the desolate western part of the state. Spring Creek Lodge is the largest employer in Western Montana! Then we have the smaller players, Monarch Academy, Montana Academy and Mission Mountain, all of them reportedly abusive to one degree or another. All calling themselves "boarding schools" (which they clearly are not), to avoid any government oversite. Any facility that does not allow students to communicate with the outside, use the phone or write/receive uncensored mail, is NOT a boarding school and should be at least regulated, at best shut down.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
List of PURE programs
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2005, 11:28:00 AM »
Do you know if Sue Scheff refers to any of these schools in Montana?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
List of PURE programs
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2005, 11:59:00 AM »
On 2005-03-15 22:44:00, Anonymous wrote:

"aren't you going to be surprised *who* is actually paying *the bill* after discovery?"

Well, I was refering to discovery in WWASP v PURE, where we got the list of programs. What are you talking about?

The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
--John Gilmour

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
List of PURE programs
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2005, 03:10:00 PM »
glacier mountain academy does exist and does have its own website. http://www.aboutglaciermtn.com   It is run by a man named larry bauer who  used to work at a cedu school. i havent found much out about him or the school itself. they had a problem with an advertising practice that was corrected and a fine was paid to the state attorney generals office. this started when a parent pulled their child out of the school and he wouldnt refund the tuition costs that had already been paid for future months. sue recommended this school to me and whitmore. i have not sent my child anywhere. sue told me that her daughter was abused at a wwasp school and then she turned to larry bauer to help her daughter, she said her daughter was only there a few months and he worked wonders with her. The only problem is is that glacier mountain academy is an all boys school!?!HELLO!?!
PARENTS! if you think that your child is all that bad, maybe you should take a long hard look at how they were raised, (I AM A PARENT MYSELF) There are many books on child rearing, i screwed up with alot of things, and i am not a total screw up, but i found a psychologist/author and have read many of his books and have also seen him on pbs recently. his name is john rosemond and if you take the time to read his books, listen to his tapes and watch his shows, he makes it all make sense. Give it a shot, you may just realize that your child is as normal as anybody else's. alot of our problems with teenagers today stem from the fact that we try so hard to control them, when guidance is what they really need. they have to fall on there faces and pick themselves up again, they have to gain they're independance. think back to when you were growing up, what was that like, how did your parents react?I personally do not know Dr. rosemond, and this is not a plea for selling his books, ect. give it a try. what have you got to lose? but your relasionship with your child or your childs life for that matter!maybe there will not be a need for people like sue and pure. wwasp schools and all the same!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
List of PURE programs
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2005, 04:18:00 PM »
check out a post on page 6 with the  web adress

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
List of PURE programs
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2005, 07:02:00 PM »
Talked to glacier mountain academy today, and they say Sue Scheff does refer to them. Anyone else ever talked to them?

Offline hawaiianguy3

• View Profile
List of PURE programs
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2006, 12:31:00 PM »
I went there. Go to http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?So ... 0&start=70
to read what I said about it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
List of PURE programs
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2006, 03:10:00 PM »
Academy at Cedar Mountain has closed.  The property is back in operation under a diffrent name.  

Red Rock never was a WWASP program and never claimed to be. At one point they were "donating" to Pure then stopped when they realized how the system worked.

I would not characterize Sorenson's as abusive, but they clearly are more rigid and demanding than many of the people who post here would approve.  

Pure referrals (Sue Scheff) go to the programs that make "donations." Quality of the programs is not an issue. They are not, in general, the programs least likely to cross the lines that most people on this site seem most concerned about.  

Froggy :wave:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
List of PURE programs
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2006, 11:41:00 AM »
Hi -

Forgive me if this has already been cleared up ... but it's LOTTS LEGACY (not Lost Legacy).

And yeah, it's a UTAH-based program.

No surprise there.

:wave:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
List of PURE programs
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2006, 12:23:00 PM »
Sue Scheff/Pure refers to abusive programs. Whitmore Academy is a prime example.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
List of PURE programs
« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2006, 07:36:00 PM »
On 2005-02-01 00:22:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

this is a COMPLETE list of PURE programs some they stopped refering to for a differnt number of reasons (non-payment and conditional licesing and the program simply ask that PURE stop refering to them then spoke out against them.

Red Rock Academy

Cedar Mountain Academy

Sorenson?s Ranch

Lost Legacy Ranch

Oak ridge military academy

Turning Point

Reality Ranch

Summit Achievement

Skyline Journey

Glacier Mountain Academy

Kids Peace

Harbor House for Girls

Safe Harbor

Harbor House for Boys

High Top Ranch

New Horizons Youth Ministries

Whitmore Academy

"

Somebody needs to take this list and contact each of the programs to see if they are still paying for sales leads that result in a placement.  If so, what are the names of the outfits they are paying (besides PURE, there has to be others nobody knows of???)