Author Topic: Anyone go to Growing Together  (Read 2049 times)

Offline Maddie May

• View Profile
Anyone go to Growing Together
« on: May 29, 2002, 01:59:00 PM »
I went to growing together in Lake Worth, Florida from 1992 through 1993.  There were a lot of people in there and I wouldn't mind finding out what happened to them.  My memory is foggy about the place (repression) but I can remember a few things.  I was pulled in the beginning of my 5th phase.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline kpickle39

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2002, 07:15:00 PM »
hello - glad you found our site.   I was not in Growing Together, but was in Straight.  I recently met w/a former board member from growing together adn she said she left the board cause something just didn't seem right and she wanted no part of it.  Welcome aboard

Mike, Straight Survivor '78 - '80

Offline wesfager

• View Profile
    • http://www.thestraights.com
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2002, 10:31:00 PM »
i know about growing together.  i'd like to talk to you.  wes fager from virginia
es Fager
www.thestraights.com

\"If David Miscaviage can go to his deposition as Admiral Farragut, then Keith Henson can go as Bozo the Clown.\"  Wes Fager

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2002, 11:02:00 PM »
Welcome, Maddie May! No, we haven't heard very much from Growing Together. One parent posted for awhile but we haven't heard from him in a long while. Look up posts by blopa if you want to find that (there's a search link in the menu over there on the left...)

Have you stayed in touch with any other former GT clients? Cause we're throwing a big bash in St. Pete June 8 - 9th. It's a conference and reunion.. something for everyone. We'd love to contact some more folks from GT.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Maddie May

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2002, 10:28:00 AM »
I have not kept in touch with anyone from there.  I am glad to have found this site though.  Hearing all of you all tlaking about your experiences helped me to rememeber mine.  I forgot all of those phrases like talking behind backs and MI's and all of that.  The picture of the kids motivating has still got me freaked out.  I guess I must have post traumatic stress disorder or something.  I will be around on this website I'm sure, for a long time to come.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2002, 04:13:00 PM »
Maddy, I just wanted you to know that you've already done something to help. One of the Program's favorite bits of slight of mind is to pretend to the parents and public that they're just nothing like those other, bad old places that existed before (they changed the letterhead and the sign on the door). Your brief observations speaks volumes to the contrary and may well help some kid dodge a bullet.

Thanks
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline farlessgreg

• View Profile
Re: Anyone go to Growing Together
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 08:10:45 PM »
i went through life in sarasota 1986 and worked at gt when it first opened 1987 to 1990   trying to contact old friends phil p and steve k