Author Topic: Holocaust Museum Protest Theories and Thoughts.  (Read 2555 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Holocaust Museum Protest Theories and Thoughts.
« on: January 27, 2005, 09:33:00 PM »

I was at the last Holocaust protest and it was a great experience for me as well as the others in attendance, however I think we need to change tactics.  One of the main problems we face is how to explain in 30 seconds or less why we are there. Why are we protesting? We have to articulate our message in order to have the public understand. It has to be much more unified and graphic. For example, if someone is driving by in a car or walking into the building they only have a few seconds, 30 at most to read our signs, and try to understand why we are there. I think it is imperative that we come up with a very simple message. Remove Sembler from the board was good, however most won?t truly understand why. The term Survivors is usually taken in the wrong context.  The normal person on the streets just doesn?t understand. The Jewish community also takes it as an insult. There has to be a better term.  Not sure what that might be. Perhaps we can kick around some ideas and constructive thoughts resulting in a more powerful showing this time. We need a better catch phrase or slogan. I think it?s fundamental that everyone that sees us understands WHY we are there.

Maybe something like:

Mel Sembler is a Child Abuser!     or

Holocaust Museum profits from Child Abusers  or

Shame on the Holocaust Museum! They accept money from Child Abusers!

Another thought, the Jews during the holocaust had to wear a Star of David patch. Perhaps we should wear armbands or a patch too, it has to have an explosive element. What emblem epitomizes Abuse?  

Think about it?????

Anyway take care all,
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2005, 09:46:00 PM »
TORTURE IS A CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY,

along with the other signs.

Something like that. People might read it and think, "What torture? What is the story here?"

Y'all need a banner and some monkeywrenchers to hang it high.  

For those of us who are not all up on the Straight-Holocaust museum connection, could someone please tell the story? Thanks.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2005, 10:04:00 PM »
As I understand it Walter Loebenberg and Mel Sembler were principals or founders of the Holocaust Museum. When you walk into the Holocaust Museum in St. Pete you are greeted by a sign on the wall paying homage to the massive donation that Sembler made to the Museum. It?s a sign right on the glass just to the left of the entrance. Seems kind of ironic that He gave all this money to a place so that mankind will never forget the abuse that the jews suffered and at the same time he created a programs that abused kids. From that money he gave to the Holocaust museum? Very odd and sick if you ask me!

Hey I like your phrase,

TORTURE IS A CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY

Here is a couple of more to ponder,

?Mel Sembler should be in jail?

You have taken money from a child abuser!

Shame on YOU!

The Jews don?t have a patent on Abuse, wake up and smell the coffee, one of your OWN is an ABUSER, just like in Germany!!!!

Holocaust = abuse 65 years ago

Mel Sembler = abuse today!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2005, 06:40:00 AM »
All of the above posts are excellent!   I think it is wise to follow, good advice.  Thanks.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2005, 07:38:00 AM »
Perhaps we should start writing or contacting influential people in the Jewish community. It might be better to have them calling for Semblers removal. Just a thought. Is there anyone here that is Jewish that could shed some light on how to do this. What would be the best approach when talking with a Rabbi or similar Clergy? Any insights into breaking the code of Jewish/brotherhood. Up until now it still looks like the Jews as a whole keep looking the other way. I don't understand why.

:question:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2005, 08:06:00 AM »
Why did everyone look the other way when Straight was in their town?

Offline Erinys

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2005, 09:07:00 AM »
How about
"Made millions on illegal drugs! Ask me how!"
Mel Sembler 1-800-........

Come to the woods, for here is rest. There is no repose like that of the green deep woods. Here grow the wallflower and the violet. The squirrel will come and sit upon your knee, the logcock will wake you in the morning. Sleep in forgetfulness of all ill. Of all the upness accessible to mortals, there is no upness comparable to the mountains.
-- John Muir

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2005, 09:21:00 AM »
Monkeywrencher!

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2005, 03:37:00 PM »
On 2005-01-28 05:06:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Why did everyone look the other way when Straight was in their town?"

Cause they didn't think it would effect them.

In questions of power, then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."

--Thomas Jefferson 1798

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline wesfager

• View Profile
    • http://www.thestraights.com
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2005, 07:35:00 PM »
You hit it right on the head.  Most Straight survivors themselves want no part of a protest of a Holocaust museum and it's easy to understand why. They still don't understand why this could possibly  be an issue, and they find it distasteful, under any circumstance, to be a part of such a protest. The very idea!

Under any normal circumstance  no one but a neo-Nazi or other like-minded anti-Semite would dare protest a Holocaust museum. But this is a special exception and besides it is not the Holocaust that we are protesting anyway, nor is it the honorable principals of what these institutions stand for either.

I have presented my case of why there should be a protest here:

http://thestraights.com/articles/case2p ... museum.htm

and here:

http://thestraights.com/reports/sembler ... rights.htm

How about two theme signs:

STOP MEL SEMBLER
 FROM HIDING UNDER THE SKIRTS
   OF THIS HONORABLE MUSEUM
(we are the anti-Straight crowd)

and 2.
SUPPORT THE FLORIDA HOLOCAUST MUSEUM
  (we are the anti-Straight crowd)

Either two sets of signs, one set exposing  Sembler's duplicity, one set supporting the museum, both tied to the same crowd.

Or just boldly include the following on all signs:

WE SUPPORT THE FLORIDA HOLOCAUST MUSEUM

We should make a group contribution to this fine museum--$100 minimun--and a letter should be sent to them--if this has not already been done--explaining why there will be a protest. Perhaps  the letter could attach my two articles.  Let me know and I will make a printer version with hyperlinks for you.  

There is a national Holocaust Museum in Washington, DC as well as the Simon Wisenthal Centre in LA, plus other places where survivors who can not travel to Florida could conduct con-current protests in their own areas. But somebody has to take the initiative.

Also, has anyone given any consideration to coordinating this, and other similar events,  with others who have a beef with these guys, others like St Pete for Peace, the Uhuru, and such?

You know, there were many Jews in Straight and many Jews are outspoken about Straight.  I spoke to one of these guys recently who had a grandfather in the Holocaust.  This person told me that people view the Nazis with such hatred and contempt because they destroyed the spirit as well as the body. Do you see what that person  is saying in context with rehab abuse?

As an aside, here's something to think about.  Not My Kid is a movie  based on Miller Newton's book of the same name.  It did a lot to recruit kids into Straight and it did a lot to help keep parents inline once they joined the cult. Actor George Segal did a great job playing  the father in the movie. Segal is a well educated man and a sculptor.  he is also a Jew and one of his designs was used in a Holocaust memorial theme.

Thank you all for your hard work.  Send us many pictures and, at least, we can all agree on one thing: I'm sure we're all rooting for the Philadelphia Eagles in the big game.

Wes

"If David Miscaviage can go to his deposition as Admiral Farragut, then Keith Henson can go as Bozo the Clown."

[ This Message was edited by: wesfager on 2005-01-28 18:49 ]
es Fager
www.thestraights.com

\"If David Miscaviage can go to his deposition as Admiral Farragut, then Keith Henson can go as Bozo the Clown.\"  Wes Fager

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2005, 07:50:00 AM »
I visited BUCHANWALD in Germany (you should too) and Auschwitz (over blown tourist trap)in Poland.The German one was preserved like a museum,BUT THE ONE IN POLAND really pissed me off.There is that gassing room and as you walk in there is written in stone "Please maintain complete silence in respect of the dead",when I walked in there it was the gas room with some candles burning,BUT THEN behind me came a tourgide and group,all wearing headsets and microphones and this guide was talking real loud basicaly saying "This is where those Germans killed the blah blah blah,a PAID tour where you can disrupt the "silence" for money,the barraks were all gutted with new floors and lots of "conceptual art" within,like a stone statue of the 10 commandments but the bit about murder chiseled away.Auschwits was like Disneyland and almost nothing remained to qualify it as a museum,not a learning experience but a big political statement(there were photos of the faces of the actual victims,their real shoes,hair and luggage,that part was educational)!The Germans do a much better job at showing the history of their camps by not mucking them up with ploitical art.
Ive been to these places and gained some education but I was really pissed off when I left that Auschwits place because most of it is now just fake.Buchanwald looks as if it could be fired up tomorrow,with less actual buildings standing I still thought it was a real educational experience.
I hate the bastards that run the Holocoust museum.The lesson I lernt was that mankind behaves in terrible ways and will never change,forget that bit about "learning from the past do we dont ever repeat it again",pure HOGWASH.To them its ALL about "we are the suffering jews and nobody will ever suffer more than us".
I will not be surprised if those very same ovens are lit up again someday.Its human nature.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2005, 10:26:00 PM »
xxxx

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2005, 07:58:00 PM »
Whenever a protest is done, people are so much into the here and now that the average Joe on the street is com0pletely lost.  Before I was thrown into Straight, I had a good solid year almost to check out the program.  We had a few kids in my high school in the program and we had names and phrases for them all.  Mostly we called them Zombies, Narcs, Ghosties, Zipperheads (because the tops of their head was zipped open by the brain washing machine)  You people keep missing the point.  A protest should not be some kind of noble crusade.  It should be as crude and loosely planned as a bunch of stoners hanging out in the parking lot where I work, drinking an ill gotten 6 pack waiting for their girlfriends to clock out and setting the empties under the tires of SUV's so they can laugh when the shopper pulls away and the bottle explodes.  They are protesting the fact they have to grow up, and even though they carry no signs or slogans, they have no problem getting the message across.  Damn gotta get off now.  Library rules..........
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2005, 08:12:00 PM »
Can someone get Patterson hooked up at home again?

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2005, 08:31:00 PM »
Okay I'm back, I just finished my first week at work.  It is going pretty good, but the lobsters are up to something, I just know they are waiting for the right moment to strike.  I think my finances will be in good order by the end of Feb, then I will see about getting an Ethernet card put in and getting back on the net.  I am sorry that I missed the protest if there was one.  I did not hear anything about it at all.  Right now in St. Pete, the big thing is how the "powers" hushed up the fact that there was a gang related shoot-out at the Baywalk development that Sembler built a few years back.  Now goddammit, THAT is something to protest people!!!  Bullets were flying in a crowded courtyard and NOT ONE bay area news channel picked it up for 2 whole weeks simply because that old Bag Of Piss, Mel Sembler was afraid of losing money and having egg on his fuckin stupid looking face.  The only way I found out was from my downstairs neighbor who works around the corner from where it happened, and her and her co-workers were all told not to speak to anyone about the incident.  They were not directly threatened with their jobs, but it WAS implied.
        Getting back to the Offline Blues, the schedule I have leaves me plenty of time to get to the Library and use the computers here.  They are alot more laid back than I thought on how long you can be on them, so I will try to keep in touch more often until I get back online at home.  I hope everyone has a good Superbowl and remember......ITS JUST A DAMN FOOTBALL GAME.
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?