Author Topic: Getting Housing  (Read 910 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Getting Housing
« on: March 02, 2006, 10:18:00 PM »
I have three or four thousand dollars saved up. I am new at finding housing for myself. My credit sux hardcore. I was hoping I might by a tax deed sold piece of shit piece of land and put a fucked up mobile home on it. As a first time home buyer I 'could' qualify for a first time home, but only if I had a steady job which is not going to happen any time soon. I have enough money saved to get me through a small piece of shit home buy, if I knew how, and to live off the rest for a year or so til I figure out what to do next. But I'm looking for a place to call home in transition for awhile and chill out away from Everyone while not having to be actually homeless. I'd like to finish out some school so I can say I've done something academic for enrichment or w/e, too. So, I'd like to get a little piece of shit home if you know what i mean. Any clue or advice on how to proceed?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
Getting Housing
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 10:47:00 PM »
I once picked up an ol' run-down shack in a flood plain on 1/20 of an acre for 500.oo.  It had been abandoned for over a decade. It had no electric or runnin' water when I bought it and the roof leaked ever'where except for right in the middle in a place just big enough for my bed.  When I first moved into it there wasn't even a front wall and the house was leaning 13" outta square. I bought it at the county tax auction.  Call around to all the local counties or wherever your lookin' to live an' ask about the upcoming tax auctions.  Yeah it was a piece 'a' shit little place but I fixed it up pretty good over a 5 year period durin' which I paid no rent or mortgage an' it was all mine, free an' clear.  Man I loved that place. It was like livin' in a piece of art. After 5 years I inherited my grandmas' house an' moved in there so I sold that beautiful ol' shack and made over 3 grand on the sale!  Just remember to do a visual inspection of the property before you buy it and also check for leins against it.  Good Luck! Damn I miss that place!
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Getting Housing
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 03:53:00 AM »
thanks P. I remember reading that post you wrote awhile back about that property w/ the shack on it, but I thought it said you bought it from this guy farmer or somethin. ah well. There are alot of those tax deed sales out here. I'm fortunate to have some money right now while everything is falling apart. But I think finding and having a little bit of housing would cut down on a lot of stress, you know.

Maybe I'll buy a small piece of land and build up a house on it.

• View Profile
Getting Housing
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 04:15:00 AM »
Yeah, that's a good idea.
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Getting Housing
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 10:20:00 AM »
hey pirate, post some shack pics

• View Profile
Getting Housing
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2006, 11:17:00 AM »
I'd love to, but I don't have the wherewithal(killer word huh...wherewithal ??) If I could figure out my scanner...but who knows how long that will take... :lol:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Getting Housing
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2006, 11:19:00 AM »
can somebody help pirate. we all want to see the shack.

WE WANT THE SHACK

WE WANT THE SHACK

• View Profile
Getting Housing
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2006, 11:34:00 AM »
Send hippie.  He knows all about computers... :lol:

Offline teachback

• View Profile
Getting Housing
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2006, 01:25:00 PM »
On 2006-03-03 08:34:00, starry-eyed pirate wrote:

"Send hippie.  He knows all about computers... :lol: "

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Getting Housing
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2006, 03:34:00 PM »
there everyone goes,"call hippie he knows what to do...!" man i type with one finger.....didn't get much in the way of school while i was in that place,so even typing is a chore for me! as far as housing,if you don't mind moving,indiana county in pennsylvania is a very poor area...theres always some kind of "sherrifs sale" going on around here.....the reason i've never bought anything is because after my daughter turns 18,i'm out of here....my "sentence" will be served! no,my daughter isn't the sentence,but staying up here is for me.....barney google and snuffy smith have done enough damage to me! shit,i'm not from here,so i have no realitives...
some of the ppl around here see that as an opportunity to rip me off.....as it is,i'll always be an outsider up here!....i know,ppl say "i'd kick someones ass blah blah blah"....who am i going to fight? all 200 of them? shit if i beat one of them , i have to beat them all....and i don't know them all! thats the scary part!...lol....hippie