Author Topic: Gonzales; Torture Overseas Compared to, Cedars Academy/Aspen  (Read 35632 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Gonzales; Torture Overseas Compared to, Cedars Academy/Aspen
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2005, 07:28:00 PM »
It's very structured, and it calls on them to do things that are personally very difficult for them. But it does so in a humane, caring, and fully accountable way. >>>

It is evident in your tone and choice of words that it is not done in a humane, caring way.

>>>The negative coping techniques they've come to rely on over the years are not being allowed, and they no longer serve as a means of avoidance. The student may respond with fear, anger, and often redoubled efforts at avoidance through escalating negative behaviors.>>>

And when you force them to give up their 'negative coping techniques', what are they replaced with?
When you take a pacifier away from a baby, you don't punish them for having feelings about it, which is pretty much the standard MO in the industry.

Are you aware that there are more humane ways to do this which are more successful, require a fraction of the time, and do not require abuse- blatant and covert.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2006, 06:29:00 PM »
On 2005-02-04 05:16:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Help me Deborah, I just enrolled my son at Cedars Academy in Delaware and then our first phone call he is crying a begging me to come get him.  He says the staff tell lies and not to believe them.  He just completed a year at another Aspen program and this was supposed to be a move up...but seems worse.  Are there any good boarding school for children with severe learning disorders out there. I am so scared for him.

"

I can not speak for Cedars Academy, but I did spend time (as a student) in another school owned by Aspen (Aspen Achievment Academy in Loa Utah).  All I can say is, if your son is still ther please do everything you can to get him out, right away.  
These programs use scare tactics to force childern to behave, and do little good to really help them.  In my experience the program consisted af large amounts of neglect, and even abuse.
Furthermore, the web sites for Aspen programs are NOT to be trusted.  They make it look like summer camp, when in reality it's much more like prison camp.
You son will come home a physicly starved shadow of who you want him to be.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2006, 04:11:00 PM »
Are you kidding me? Stripping an eleven year old and having him stand naked in winter or tying him naked to a tree is about 10 years in jail. It is sex abuse of a child under 12. There is not even a pretense of therapy. And these people aren't in a prison cell. Did you tell your parents? Did you call ceders academy where they work and tell them about your experience. I hope your telling the truth because if your not they can bring a defamation and liable suit for all the marbles.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2006, 09:55:00 PM »
I worked at cedars Academy when Neal and Mary ran the place and I must say that they are control freaks who seemed to get off on lording their power over helpless kids.  I hated it and their system so much I had to quit.  I did not witness any sort of physical abuse, but I am willing to state that they were cold, uncaring, and emotionally damaged the children I worked with.  They should not be working with children.  I am glad to sign my name to this because every word is true.

Chris Dawson

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2006, 07:02:00 PM »
Hello Chris do you want to contact with a victim of Neal Swartz? How did he know him? He knew him in 1988 to 89 in Upstate NY calle Academy of New Horzins. If wan to contact him? If so? I give you his number and his e-mail only if you say yes. Also he lives in the New York, if you live in the New York area or visiting? I could arrange contact with him.

Please tell me now

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2007, 11:25:12 AM »
hate to break it to you people but mike schiller is not lying. i went to new horizons and cedars academy i was there when mike was there
neal swartz is nothing but an abuser and a bully and everyone who worked there was his lackey. he would take you to another building so there would be no witnesses. i wish i could meet him now when he beat on me i was between the ages of 12-16 i am 31 now i would kick his teeth in. the beatings he gave to me would make just about anyone sick  if you think i am lying i will leave my full name and email address for any questions

Seth Lopato
[email protected]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
reply to post
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2007, 02:23:16 PM »
I graduated from Cedars in the mid-late 90's.  I was never once physically abused.   While I may not have agreed with everything I expierienced, I would not change anything from my time there...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cedars Academy
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2007, 11:03:50 AM »
I neither worked nor attended the Cedars Academy.  But in the early 1990s I interviewed for a teaching position there.  I had worked with individuals with similar issues before and thought some of the tactics were rather extreme, but thought maybe I needed to keep an open mind; maybe this stuff really worked.  I was particularly concerned at the way one of the administrators treated a student who had been asked to count out the correct number of frozen dinner rolls for dinner and had undercounted.  The staff member ridiculed the student in front of the ~20 or so faculty, students and guests eating dinner, saying that if only the student had "half a brain" (exact quote) she would have gotten it right.

When I was offered a position, I took the advice of one of my former supervisors and asked to speak with graduates and/or parents of graduates of the program as references.  I was told it was against their policy to make such a connection, as it suggested a lack of trust, that it was against their "what you see is what you get" mentality.  

Perhaps against my better judgment I decided to take the position anyway.  However, the offer was subsequently rescinded on the basis that I'd displayed a lack of trust by asking for references!  It was a completely bizarre experience.  I am not surprised to hear statements about verbal abuse given what I witnessed in just one visit in which one might have expected at least the adults to be on their best behavior.

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2007, 05:39:06 PM »
That's cult mentality, these places run on that kind of blind devotion.
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
This is the Reasons why I hate the Anti-war movement beacuse
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2007, 01:19:08 AM »
REASONS WHY I HATE THE ANTI-WAR MOVEMENT

Neal Swartz and Mary Pauer

I HATE THE ANTI-WAR MOVEMENT? IT WAS BACK IN 1988 WHEN I WAS ABUSED BY A MAN NAME NEAL SWARTZ ALONG HIS WIFE MARY PAUER AND OTHER STAFF MEMBERS (HALF THEM MEMBERS OF THE ANTI-WAR MOVEMENT) OF ACADEMY OF NEW HORIZONS. AFTER THAT I SLOWLY TO BEGAN TO HATE THEM, WHEN IN 1999 THEY GOT ME PISS WHEN THEY RALLIED BEHIND THIS GENOCIDAL MANIAC SLOBODAN MILOSEIVC. IN 2001 THEY RALLIED BEHIND TIMOTHY MCVEIGH AND THE 9/11 HIGH JACKERS AND OSAMA BIN LADEN. IN 2003 THEY CAST THEIR LOT WITH SADDAM AND IN 2005 THEY CAST THEIR LOT WITH THE LONDON SUBWAY BOMBERS. NOW WITH REV. FRED PHELPS TRASHING THE DEAD SERVICE MEMBERS,
AND NOW THEY ARE CASTING THEIR LOT WITH THE GEONICAL MANAICS IN THE DARFUR THAT MADE ME VERY MAD AND PISS

THIS WHY THE ANTI-WAR MOVEMENT DOESN'T HAVE MY SUPPORT BEACUSE OF THIS PICE OF SHIT NEAL SWARTZ.

REMEMBER THE VICTIMS OF 9/11, SEBERINICIA, OKLAHOMA CITY BOMBING, SADDAM, AND NEAL SWARTZ.

LET'S HELP NEAL SWART MEET SLOBODAN MILOSEVIC, TIMOTHY MCVEIGH, SADDAM HUSSINE, ADOLF HITLER, AND STALIN IN HELLLLLLLL!!!!!!!! VIA NATO 7.62

BUSH AND CHENNY ALONG WITH PELOSI AND REID SORRY "NO DICE"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
To the victims of Neal Swartz and Neal Swartz supporters  got some great news. Word on the streets that One of his early victims Ted Macris is going to challening him to a Boxing match. Since the States of NY and Del fail to bring him to justice, Ted is going to bring justice to arena. IT'S GONING MAKE THRILLA IN MANILA LOOK LIKE MISTER ROGERS AND IT WOULD THE MATCH INTO THE KILLING FIELDS OF CAMBODIA

WHAT DOES TED MACRIS THINKS OF PEACE ACTIVISTS:

"THEY ARE SUCMBAGS FOR SUPPORTING NEAL SWARTZ ALONG WITH SLOBODAN MILOSEVIC AND OSMAM BIN LADEN"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Camp New Horizons Vicitim
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2008, 12:11:57 AM »
Holy Crap! Another victim. I too was a victim of Schwartz and Pauer. I attended Camp New Horizons in Shawnee and then St. Johnsville. I have been diagnosed as Aspergers, PTSD, AADD, Tourettes, and GAD. In Shawnee Pa, a counselor named Jeff verbally tortured me as did the other cmapers in my cabin because of my Tourettes. Jeff also sexual abused some of us. It is a dreadful thing to have happened. Mary and Neil once physically beat me down and if I EVER find them they are due such an ass kicking! I am one pissed of person and they caused a lot of my PTSD.

Heres to you whoever you are!

Offline iamartsy

• View Profile
Re: Gonzales; Torture Overseas Compared to, Cedars Academy/Aspen
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2008, 04:43:25 PM »
I had a friend that went to this school for two years and received lots of help: http://www.landmarkschool.org/ It is in Massachusetts and is not related to "the forum". Her family researched it very well, before sending her. If I had a LD child I would want a legit school for him, not behavior mod (torture). I have been down that road, the torture beat down my self esteem horribly. Either home school your child, put him in a local school with a low student/teacher ratio or find a decent boarding school that relates to his needs. Personally, I would opt for the latter. I know Houston has 2-3 private schools for kids that need a low student/teacher ratio. I would start close to home first.

Just one opinion

Offline billS

• View Profile
Re: Gonzales; Torture Overseas Compared to, Cedars Academy/A
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2010, 02:14:07 AM »
Ok too many wrong points and whole lot of good points...I was in the AEG programs for 4 years almost...Yeah I didn't like them but it served me well...Now I wasn't there for Neil and Mary but I did hear stories from some people about their tyranny, but I do not believe they supported terrorists. Get a day job seriously! But from what I heard sometime ago, a girl had to take insulin shots on a daily basis and apparently Neil gave her Hep-C, because he really needed insulin once. SO she used it not knowing he used it, he didn't tell her and now she has it for the rest of her life. And yeah thats a real shit thing to do, but most the kids there refused to do anything about their behaviors, most kids brandished knives, I saw a kid break a part a plastic knife and swallow it. He also carved a girls initials in his own skin. And most of the kids that went had torn family values anyways. And most of them ran away because their parents were absolute monsters. It wasn't like summer camp I know that. We had kids come from Military Schools and they said those schools were more enjoyable than Cedars. To all you parents, yeah you might have different opinions on how Cedars treated your kids, but I went there from 04 to 06. Most of the staff was yeah very unqualified but they were nice as hell. And when I was there they never restrained people or "touched" them in any bad ways. The only reason why I think this is so, they wouldn't let the boys mingle with the girls, that was the only problem any of us had. I mean we still had ways to go around that but it wasn't all bad. Most kids that I saw come and go, faked being sick, faked breaking limbs, faked being attacked by other people, faked being real and faked being anything worth a damn. Oh yeah the other reason was the tuition was like 50 thousand dollars. If you can afford that then good luck to you, reason being all those kids were so damn spoiled that at the end of the day they just went crazy and went nuts, cuz they couldn't have their laptops, IPODS, or cell phones. I went to another AEG school b4 Cedars for a year and half with no technology, grow the hell up and do your work like the rest of us and stop complaining.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: Gonzales; Torture Overseas Compared to, Cedars Academy/A
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2010, 10:56:13 PM »
Quote from: "billS"
...But from what I heard sometime ago, a girl had to take insulin shots on a daily basis and apparently Neil gave her Hep-C, because he really needed insulin once. SO she used it not knowing he used it, he didn't tell her and now she has it for the rest of her life. And yeah thats a real shit thing to do, but most the kids there refused to do anything about their behaviors, most kids brandished knives, I saw a kid break a part a plastic knife and swallow it.
Wow. So... Neil Schwartz used a kid's insulin needles behind her back, never bothering to tell her, and hence infecting her with HepC for life?

I don't know where to even start with this. WTF was Neil thinking when he was helping himself to the kid's medication? And knowingly exposing her to an infectious and incurable disease? How friggin' irresponsible and insane is that?

:beat:
-------------- • -------------- • --------------