Author Topic: Brothers and Sisters  (Read 791 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Brothers and Sisters
« on: January 30, 2005, 08:54:00 PM »
Hey guys!

I was just wondering....

How did your siblings react when you were sent to elan?  I know mine cried for days and were terrified that if they didn't clean their room, my parents would send them away.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline RaeRae

• View Profile
Brothers and Sisters
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2005, 08:48:00 PM »
Honestly it really screwed my brother up.  He was nine years old when I left, and still to this day he blames my parents for all my problems that got me sent to elan.  
My mother became depressed over me being away, and my brother got lost in all the shit.  My brother also had a tough adolescence like I did, only my depression was more intrverted, while his anger and saddness is very extraverted, this is generally typical of males, and females.  
I tried to maintain a normal, and healthy relationship with my him while I was in elan.  I wrote to him as much as I could, but he was still hurt.  

Parents don't relaize when they send one child to elan it's like sending both (or all siblings) to elan, because they all suffer through the whole experience.  I don't even want to get into when both siblings end up at elan.  
I remember when Jamie Carpenter's sisters drove all the way up to elan, and onto campus trying to bust Jamie out.  They just missed their brother and wanted him back home.
-Rachel
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »