Author Topic: potters house girls home?  (Read 20200 times)

Offline xoxstarlightxox

• View Profile
potters house girls home?
« on: January 21, 2005, 11:53:00 PM »
hey this is krystal. i was just wondering if anyone has heard of the school potters house girls home? i had a few friends who were sent there and i cant find ANYTHING on it except for the website
http://www.thepottershousegirlshome.com/

they have a lot of similarities with victory but if you called the director a bitch, like my good friend lauren, you had to clean out horse stables for 2 weeks. just wondering if anyone knows anything about it.

If it is believed that... elementary schools will be better managed by the governor and council, the commissioners of the literary fund or any other general authority of the government than by the parents within each ward, it is a belief against all experience.
http://laissezfairebooks.com/product.cfm?op=view&pid=FF7485&aid=10247' target='_new'>Thomas Jefferson

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2005, 04:46:00 AM »
hi Krystal, i am a survivor of the Roloff Rebekah cult, from the 1970's....i have heard about this place,
i do believe it is for girls who are pregnant? and if this is the same place then i hve heard that bunch of babies are unaccounted for and missing and some were i have heard were placed in homes of convicted persons...

thanks for starting this string...
though i am not sure if it is directly connected to the roloff line of homes, it is thru FAACCA....

later

Offline xoxstarlightxox

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2005, 02:45:00 PM »
yeah its also known as alpha omega pregnancy center... not only are babies unaccounted for, i think a few girls are missing that went there as well. they were from the "potters house" part of it, which is for troubled girls like vca. i dont know enough about it except that my friends who went there absolutely hated it. they accept girls who really haven't done anything wrong... i dont understand how these programs are meant to treat drug and alcohol problems, but they don't do any drug and screening tests?

When we are pleading with foreign governments to stop the flow of cocaine, it is the height of hypocrisy for the US to export tobacco.  Years from now, our nation will look back on this application of free trade policy and find it scandalous.

1989 testimony before the US Trade Representative,September 1989
--Surgeon General, Everett Koop

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2005, 08:23:00 PM »
hi its me again, the anonymous from Rebekah....
that is interesting what you say,
so, is this potters house also a drug and alchohol rehab too? or is it mainly for girls who are in crisis pregnancy??

i had heard rumors, unsubstantiated that there could be possible missing persons from various roloff shootoffs, you know, the "runaways"
?
the ones who never ever "return"
?

but i dont know how proven this 'idea' is...only heard rumors....nothing proven...

but i have heard from a very very reliable source that the Potters House is under FAACCA
and that Mike Palmer sat on its board...Mike Palmer is one of them "snakes" ni the grass...and has been accused of rape...ran VCA...

but, he was on the Board, in much like manner Wiley Cameron was on the board in Texas for TAACCA...
yes, lots of missing little ones...
::(((

foxes watching the henhouse indeed....
do you know of any other connection between Potters and Roloff?????

Marian Wright Edelman:
If we don't stand up for children, then we don't stand for much.

Jane Nelson:
Where did we ever get the crazy idea that in order to make children do better, first we have to make them feel worse? Think of the last time you felt humiliated or treated unfairly. Did you feel like cooperating or doing better?

Adrienne Rich:
Lying is done with words and also with silence.

anyone who knows anything can post anonymously and speak up and not continue the lying that these places thrive in and with...

Alice Walker:
No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow.

Martin Luther King, Jr.:
We will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.--- Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.

Offline betty277

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2005, 03:50:00 PM »
just curious do you live in florida??? i know a little bit about potters house alpha omega pregnancy center please email me @ [email protected]

Offline BiproductOfHate

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2005, 03:21:00 PM »
I knew a girl who went to the Potter's House. Her name was Sarah. She went to a program I went to before I was sent to Victory Christian Cult. Sarah was a tall, thin, pretty saudi girl with black hair and bad scars on her face from where she had been brutally attacked by dogs when she was younger. She told me horror stories about Potter's House. Saying they took babies from the young women, could hit them, the staff were very mean and manipulative.I remember her telling me about a lady called Ms Sandy who was very cruel.She said there were no fire alarms or phones in the dorms.No way to contact the outside world if there were a fire.  I know she was scared of the place. I am not sure how long Sarah was there, but it was a while. She said they made them do lots of hard labor at the grounds, and treated them like they were animals. This is typical for these "faith-based" places who claim to help young girls.
~Rae

Offline Lauren

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2005, 02:58:00 PM »
Krystal- it's Lauren. My God this is a small world! I was looking online at the Potter's house website and was just doing a search for it and came across this forum. I seriously just want to drive by there and rescue every poor girl that lives there. It's such bullshit.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2005, 11:02:00 AM »
where is potters house located? is it still open?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2006, 11:36:00 PM »
I hated the potter house! They were suppossed to help you?No..HHaa that's a freakin joke!such bullshit.Yeah,they tell the parents they'll council us give us better selfesteem a good education..NO all they really tell you is how much of a piece of shit you are.They work u like a dog.No education just all hard labor all dahm day.You walk on egg shells the whole time your there..You can't say shit about what really goes on or you won't be leaving anytime soon.they'll tell your parents anything to keep you in there(manipulating)and as long as they get there money!
Every month I was sick throwing up why b/c I was depressed,did they care? NO!!I couldn't even call home to talk to my family.why b/c they didn't even want them to know I was sick!Parents are freakin brain washed and that place should be shut down!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2007, 08:09:16 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
I hated the potter house! They were suppossed to help you?No..HHaa that's a freakin joke!such bullshit.Yeah,they tell the parents they'll council us give us better selfesteem a good education..NO all they really tell you is how much of a piece of shit you are.They work u like a dog.No education just all hard labor all dahm day.You walk on egg shells the whole time your there..You can't say shit about what really goes on or you won't be leaving anytime soon.they'll tell your parents anything to keep you in there(manipulating)and as long as they get there money!

Every month I was sick throwing up why b/c I was depressed,did they care? NO!!I couldn't even call home to talk to my family.why b/c they didn't even want them to know I was sick!Parents are freakin brain washed and that place should be shut down!

someone recently told me that Potters house is connected to roloffs, but that is only by her mouth that i heard of it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Roloff shootoffs
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2007, 06:54:41 PM »
Every crazy Roloff worshipping baptist minister spread throughout the biblebelt it seems has opened one of these little hell holes.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Group for Moms
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2007, 05:37:11 PM »
I have a yahoo group for moms who were seperated from their children via forced or coerced adoption.  A lot of the women in that group came from places like Potter's.  If you lost your child in this home or one like it and need someone to talk to, the group is momsloveis4ever  under Yahoo groups.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: potters house girls home?
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2008, 01:55:19 PM »
i was sent to the potters house when i was 14 years old and stayed there until the age of 18. i know more than any other girl there. that place will be shut down. its taken many years. i gave a deposition awhile back, but the whole town is controlled by that place. a friend of mine who was stuck there with me recently contacted me and there is a lawyer involved. we're trying to at least get the lopes' removed permanently from the property. its taking awhile, but no girl should ever have to go thru what i went thru. i was forced to lie for them on many occasions. i read all of the posts on here, and they are all accurate. something needs to be done. please, if anyone would be interested in speaking up along with me or helping in any way, you can email me at [email protected]. i wont give up until something is done.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2008, 01:57:03 PM »
yes, there is sexual abuse at the potters house

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
    • http://www.carstenovergaard.dk
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2008, 05:45:51 PM »
I have got the news that the Fornits wiki page for the facility is up and running. Missing info or proposals for improvement will be nice.

Fornits wiki link