Author Topic: I was in the Cleveland Seed and went to Florida when it clos  (Read 9321 times)

Offline wtaylorg

• View Profile
I was in the Cleveland Seed and went to Florida when it clos
« on: January 21, 2005, 06:34:00 PM »
I came into the Cleveland Seed in Oct of '78. I had done a little pot, but mostly I committed juvenile pranks like breaking into my girlfriends house, that kind of stuff. I had a choice of the Seed or Youth Commision. I choose the Seed, to my chagrin, today.
I turned 15 my second day there and the staff brought me a cake when my oldcomer came to pick me up that night. They didn't tell me it was from my Mom. Go Figure!

The Seed closed after I was there maybe 1 month. They came to me and said they wanted to take me to Ft Lauderdale to finish my program. They had spoken to my Mom and said that she wanted to take me out of the program. But, they wanted me to be apart of things and that they had my best interest at heart.

I was down there for another 2 mos and my Mom was calling like hell to have me graduated so I could come home. I remember Lybbi telling me my Mom was a bitch and she didn't really care about me.
To make a long story short I was graduated around Christmas of '78 and went home. By then I belived that my family were "assholes" as I was told by the staff. I came home shunned old friends, wore my Seed badge and shirt and waited until I could move back to Fl at 18.

I moved to the Ft Lauderdale Seed  from 1982-1985. During that time I saw the "cult" go from what I remembered being over a couple hundred members to about forty. Like another poster Cleveland, who I know, but will not say his name at this point, I lived with Bob W. and saw alot of the inner workings, but was never in the inner circle. I witnessed Art yelling at his wife shelly and calling her names that to this day I've never heard a man ever use that language in talking to his wife.(unbelievable)

I used to think at times what happened to Hank? or ?. Staff who had been there when I was on my program, but when I would ask Bob W., He'd look at me like don't ask that.

Well, I had thought of old Art the asshole the other day, and just by chance entered in his name in Google. What a great thing this forum is for us former Seedlings. When I saw John Perloff's picture, I had to laugh. I guess the assholes are now torturing dogs.I will have to send my brother the link, he went to school with him.

Anyways, I just wish that when my Mom had wanted to send me to a Columbus, Oh drug rehab after 30 days at the Seed, I would have agreed. If only life gave you do overs.

Wtaylorg
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2005, 11:55:00 AM »
On 2005-01-21 15:34:00, wtaylorg wrote:

"I lived with Bob W. and saw alot of the inner workings, but was never in the inner circle. I witnessed Art yelling at his wife shelly and calling her names that to this day I've never heard a man ever use that language in talking to his wife.(unbelievable)
<
Wtaylorg"

Wow, what a story, Wtaylorg . . .i was there during 79 . . .why did he yell at her? What other inner working factual stories do you remember?

Offline Jimmy Cusick

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2005, 12:23:00 PM »
Good story Dude!!!
Im glad you got close to the inner circle to see Art Barker be himself. I was in the Florida seed from July 1st, 1974 to August17, 1975 when I graduated and we moved to Cleveland. I spent alot of time at the Cleveland seed until I went in the military in feb 77. I never talked to Art but I was around him at times when he was on such a pedastal, he was so lofty, such an ego-maniac. I can just imagine him suspecting his young wife of sleeping around. He-he-he couldnt happen to a nicer guy.

The difficult thing about writing this is that I fell for his charade. Time after time in the summer of 74 he would walk into the middle of the group with Libby and shelly and countless good lookin babes following him around, their eyes sparkled, their faces smiled. Art would tell us about taking over the world and damn if I didnt believe him. He got me but I was young and vulnerable. Oh WELL. Those days are long gone.

Peace and Love to all seedlings,
Jimmy

Offline wtaylorg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2005, 09:24:00 AM »
Because I lived with a senior staff member Bob W., at that time the only senior guys staff member, I witnessed alot of crazy shit. Once, there was a situation involving Ray K. If anyone remembers the Kienzle bros? Anyways He and Laura, a former chicks staff member were having a relationship that was not condoned by Art or the Seed. If anyone remembers this story please add  some other thoughts. I remember this relationship went on for several months behind everyone's back.

Eventually, thay were caught and Laura was asked to either admit to her lie and, I'm not real clear on what they wanted her to do, either start on the front row again or just admit to the group her backstabbing, because that was how they(art and staff viewed this).
All I know is we never saw Laura again. Ray, came into the group for a few weeks and just sat and was never called on.
Eventually, he left one day after meeting with Lybbi and never came back.
Sometime passed and they were rumors that he was out to "get" the Seed. One night Bob W. received a call at his house, where about 4 of us lived,  that Ray K. Had painted graffitti all over bridges and trees and stuff in and around Art's very nice neighborhood that was near the intercoastal.
We had to get buckets, kerosine and brushes and scrub all this stuff off of walls and trees and other stuff near Art's house that Ray had spray painted messages about Art and the Seed. This stuff was pretty sick stuff about Art, like how he brainwashed and stuff. It was true though.

I remember being out there at 4:00 am, scrubbing palm trees with kerosine running down and burning my arms,  thinking what in the fuck am I doing this for. It wasn't long after that I started to really think about what I was doing down there and why? My time as a worker bee, doing that kind of stuff was getting pretty old by then. This was around '84-'85.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2005, 09:25:00 AM »
...good to hear from you, please post more. Let's complare notes on the Seed, and post-Seed days...

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2005, 11:17:00 AM »
Great story!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2005, 04:27:00 AM »
Hi,
I just found this.  20 years later! Can you tell me where you saw pics?  O.k. I followed the seed to Florida too but I missed you with the years there.  I must have been in Ohio when you were though.  I was too close like you to them............write me

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2005, 04:36:00 AM »
Are you talking about Laura the ex-airline stewerdass?  I will never be able to keep up with the questions I have posted today and the answers I have just found this site.  What did happen to Hank.  He dissapeared right before me.  I think they were downsizing!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2005, 08:54:00 AM »
Are your initials MGG? I had a crush on you about 20 yrs ago if it is. You were a sweet kid. If those were not your initials ,I'm sure I know you... :roll:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2005, 02:45:00 AM »
adorable little green face you put there:)  That would be me..........mgg, and who are you?  I didn't know anyone ever had a crush on me................

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2005, 08:00:00 AM »
MGG send me a private message. See over on the left. If you put in Private Messages and send it to "Ft. Lauderdale" that would be me. Or you could pick a user name & I'll send you one and give you my email address. I worked with you at Safecard along with CD TM LMc TK & DM.
I hope to talk to you.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2005, 08:48:00 AM »
Aww, love on the SDF board....

How sweet!

:grin:

gregfl

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2005, 03:35:00 PM »
Greg don't be jealous - maybe she likes surfers- like yourself (old surfers)  ::bigsmilebounce::  [ This Message was edited by: Ft. Lauderdale on 2005-05-20 12:37 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2005, 06:53:00 PM »
MGG you still have not told the complete story as to why you were booted from the sick group.

Offline MG

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2005, 12:33:00 AM »
Hi I'm sorry this took so long but I wrote my explanation, if that is possible, the other night and apparantly it was somehow lost.  
They threw me out with NO explanation except, "We know what you are up to".  I had been living with Nona Zambone and Patty Healy and a bunch of other girls and we had all become pretty close.  Patty was in Real Estate and I used to ride along with her on listings.  She gave me her vintage red corvet on a payment basis, as she was going to college and needed the money.  I had been working at Safecard Services with a lot of other "seedlings".  I was promoted there several times(3)I was pretty good with the computer system there.  The IBM text editor, a true dinnasor! The Seed heard about the car and whatever their problem was they yelled at me saying what are you trying to pull and made me give it back to Patty.  I felt really bad about that one becasue I had not an ill intention in my bone.  She was selling it and I wanted to buy it.  So then they also said becasue of cliquing up or whatever that I had to also leave the apartment and move to a different apartment where I lived with Laura Perchapski, and LeAnn. I think Terry Meyers lived there becasue she was always there!  Then the seed forced me to take my car off the road.  A Ford Grand Torino, and ride to work with Terry and LeAnn.  The two of them would laugh and giggle and sit nearly on top of each other the whole way to work every day really never speaking to me like I was shit.  When I did talk it would be like....oh..and then back to their own world.  A newcomer went back to work and that meant working at safecard also.  She rode with us and they treated her pretty much the same.  I don't remember the name of the girl but I think Donna perhaps?  She was only at the Seed a few months.  She was very very quiet, withdrawn and uncomfortable in her own skin it seemed but now so was I.  The two of us would just sit in the back set prety much looking at our shoes miserable.  She didn't want to talk to me either.....so.  LeAnn worked in the Art Department and they asked me to train her on the computer. I tried but after one whole week she could still not even sign on. I don't htink she wanted to do it or she was just screwing with me.  It was very frustrating. Her boss asked why she hadn't learned it and I told him that I didn't know but was trying very hard to teach her but she didn't seem to grasp it. He asked me if I would stay late one day and help with a project on the computer and I called to ask permission at home becasue he would have to drive me home. They said NO. That next day I found out the newcomer ran away. I was called into the back office.  Libby was there.  Art, Cookie, Shelly, and I think someone else.  At the time I believe it was Ginger, Evy, Patty, Nona, and Guys.  Libby started to scream in my face at the top of her lungs, "what the fuck to you think your doing?  We know what you are up to.  Tell the f'ing truth.  We know what you did. What the F are you trying to pull?  Ect., on and on for maybe an hour.  I kept telling her I didn't know what she was talking about.  I was in total shock and I wanted to die.  Couldn't even cry just felt like I was shriveling up inside.  I had NO IDEA what she was talking about.  She told me that I had a couple of days to get rid of my car, pack my bags, quit my job, and get a plane home.  I went back to the condo and nearly cried myself to death in my room alone becasue we used to share rooms but they put me in one by myself till I was gone.  I didn't even sleep and just couldn't stop crying for days and NOONE SAID A FUCKING WORD TO ME!  I got on the plane quietly, and who even took me to the airport is a total blur I was commatosed at that point.  I went back to Ohio and bought a real heap for $50.00 and stayed with my Mom for two days who after attacking my brother came into my room and tried punching me in the face.  I put my shit back in a box and lived in my car in a rest area. Broke, no job, no home.  I was sleeping in the car nearly a week when a girl in Ohio from the seed let me stay on her couch.  I got work and my own apartment and lived happily fringin after...lol  What did they think I was doing?  Losing my virginity to LeAnn's boss, aiding a seed escape, trying to get LeAnn's job.  I have no clue but I wasn't capable of any of those.  I was highly loyal and the only seed person I ever disliked was LeAnn why would I want to be in an apartment with her, ride to work and home with her, and then be in the same damn department with her!  The guy was old to me then and I was a virgin.  Why would I help someone leave the place I had no plan of EVER LEAVING.  She had become invisible to me anyway like she wanted.  Let's all pretend we don't exist while Terry and LeAnn kiss each other to death and treat us like shit!!  Stuck up Biatches they were to us.  Art just stood there all cold and glazed  glaring at me hatefully.  I was devastated and heartbroken..............THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!Maybe they wanted to downsize only to the longest of slaves and tried to make me miserable enough to leave and that didn't work so they just threw me out.  That's the non-explanation---explanation I have.  I would love to know why they threw me away like garbage without one when I loved them all so much.  Amazing.....it still hurts, and you know I gave seven years of my life to the place.