Author Topic: I was in the Cleveland Seed and went to Florida when it clos  (Read 9329 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
I was in the Cleveland Seed and went to Florida when it clos
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2005, 10:55:00 PM »
On 2005-10-16 17:00:00, Anonymous wrote:

The first time he did it he said he was sweating bullets but by the time he got out that night without anyone sensing what he had done he said he knew they were full of shit.

Interesting! When I was very young and foolish, I did something very similar to that in order to regain some control from an abusive lover. It worked very well, too.

Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.
--Napoleon Bonaparte, French emperor

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline marshall

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2005, 12:42:00 AM »
I did get the distinct sense that we were not supposed to masturbate at all. No one ever said this explicitly. Instead, I frequently heard staff and oldtimers speak negatively and harshly about "fantasizing about chicks" or "getting into your head about chicks". I suppose it's technically possible to masturbate without fantasizing but I never had much luck with that. I recall one guy even feeling guilty about having a wet dream and he asked a staff member what he should do. "Enjoy it." was the reply. The reason given was that you have no control over such things. But purposeful, conscious masturbation was a different matter. Every guy I talked to got the same impression as I...it was a no no.

I went 'without' for my first couple of months at the Seed and then decided to heck with it. This resulted in feelings of guilt and I'd never experienced even the slightest guilt feelings about masturbating before the seed. My moral inventories are full of lines berating myself for fantasizing about chicks. It created a war within myself & shame where there was none before.

My guess is this puritanical aspect of the Seed came from Art's (& other staff members) catholic background. Whatever the source, it was a twisted aspect of Seed ideology.
Truth, being limitless, unconditioned, unapproachable by any path whatsoever, cannot be organized; nor should any organization be formed to lead or to coerce people along any particular path. You must climb towards the Truth. It cannot be \'stepped down\'

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2006, 11:50:00 AM »
Who were the Kienzle brothers?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2006, 05:25:00 PM »
Who are the "king and queen of the little fiefdom"?