Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform > The Seed Discussion Forum

Did the seed introduce us to a higher power?

<< < (2/7) > >>

Fran:
I had always thought that a higher power was God. And I do remember everynight to hold hands and say the Lords Prayer. I do not recall talking about religion or beliefs but I also do not recall religion,God or beliefs to be put down either. But again this was in 73-early 75...I do not know what happened later on.[ This Message was edited by: Fran on 2005-01-20 19:32 ]

Tony Stark:
It was not the creator we were introduced to but somewhat of a counterfit, but that was then. "Synanon" also uses world religions too. Google search it. But Bible study was encouraged to me by staff. :smokin:
May the fleas of one thousand llamas infest your armpits
--One ticked off sysadmin
--- End quote ---

_Don't be pissed at me sysadmin. I'm not going to cut your toungue out or gouge your eyes out. ________________
"This is a Republic"-VA Man.[ This Message was edited by: The Seeker on 2005-01-20 21:54 ]

GregFL:

--- Quote ---On 2005-01-20 19:26:00, Fran wrote:

"I had always thought that a higher power was God. And I do remember everynight to hold hands and say the Lords Prayer. I do not recall talking about religion or beliefs but I also do not recall religion,God or beliefs to be put down either. But again this was in 73-early 75...I do not know what happened later on.[ This Message was edited by: Fran on 2005-01-20 19:32 ]"

--- End quote ---

I think you are confusing "the lords prayer" with the serenity prayer, and in the context of saying "god grant me the serenity...", you are really asking the group to grant you these things.

In affect, you are in a very creepy way praying to the group.

Fran:
No I remember everynight holding hands and saying the Lords prayer this basically closed the meetings even the open meetings where the parents came in we did this...and also we did say the Serenity Prayer. This prayer I use today without thought of the seed. Also the mustard seed was a big thing...I remember buying a necklace of a mustard seed and wearing it.
Like I said, I was there full time other then school from Jan-April 73 then I was an oldtimer for a year in half...we also said the Lords Prayer after every oldtimer meeting.
This was in Ft Lauderdale on 84....maybe after that time things changed.[ This Message was edited by: Fran on 2005-01-21 08:49 ]

GregFL:
hmm...anyone else remember this?  I have a hard time believing the seed would say the lords prayer, but I certainly remember saying the serenity prayer...

Looking for independent verification of Fran's memory here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version