Author Topic: Anyone see Montel today?  (Read 15392 times)

Offline dbucfan

• View Profile
Anyone see Montel today?
« on: January 18, 2005, 07:22:00 PM »
There it was...Straight as well as a few programs that were out of the country...the abuse that happened etc.

discuss.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
ww.perrysjewelry.com

Offline Helena Handbasket

• View Profile
Anyone see Montel today?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 01:54:00 AM »
On 2005-01-18 16:22:00, dbucfan wrote:

"There it was...Straight as well as a few programs that were out of the country...the abuse that happened etc.

discuss."

What?  Hijack your thread? Wouldn't dream of it! :rofl:
uly 21, 2003 - September 17, 2006

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Anyone see Montel today?
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2005, 08:47:00 AM »
I saw it.  Found most of it laughable.  That Samantha girl at the beginning was not exactly a credible looking individual.  WAY over dramatic. That girl needs some help NOW.

I found the show rather unimpactful.

• View Profile
Anyone see Montel today?
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2005, 02:28:00 PM »
On 2005-01-20 05:47:00, Anonymous wrote:

" I saw it.  Found most of it laughable.  That Samantha girl at the beginning was not exactly a credible looking individual.  WAY over dramatic. That girl needs some help NOW.

I found the show rather unimpactful.  "

Well, that's your opinion.  I think it took a lot of guts on her part.

But I have to ask how you find rape, broken jaws and extended isolation laughable.  Assault is criminal.  What if it were you?  How long do you think it would affect you?  How emotional would you be?

Are you a parent?  Would you send your kid(s) off to one of these programs and just hope they  don't get violated or otherwise assaulted?

That's the impact of shows like this, and forums such as these.  Like this: http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... =310#75462

Parents are listening.  I hope more start.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Anyone see Montel today?
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2005, 08:40:00 PM »
On 2005-01-18 22:54:00, ~-=Sara=-~ wrote:

"

On 2005-01-18 16:22:00, dbucfan wrote:

"There it was...Straight as well as a few programs that were out of the country...the abuse that happened etc.

discuss."

What?  Hijack your thread? Wouldn't dream of it! :rofl:"
Darren here...you really hold on to things too long...relax. :wave:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Anyone see Montel today?
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2005, 10:24:00 PM »

[/quote]Darren here...you really hold on to things too long...relax. :wave: "
[/quote]

ROFL.  Ain't THAT the truth!  Good call.

• View Profile
Anyone see Montel today?
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2005, 12:35:00 AM »
On 2005-01-22 19:24:00, Anonymous wrote:

Darren here...you really hold on to things too long...relax. :wave: "

ROFL.  Ain't THAT the truth!  Good call."

Yeah, don't you wish I had a shitty memory?

You know, the signal to noise ratio here is ridiculously small.  You guys don't debate or disuss  the program --  you attack people personally.  

Anonomouse didn't say anything of Samantha's story - you only commented on how credible she looked and that she was dramatic.
Why didn't you or anyone else respond to the questions I asked here:
http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... m=13#76844

Another anonomouse (Or the same...who can tell?) despised Aaronson's article because he didn't give him or her ink.  Darren only had to say "well it wasn't like that when I was there".

Well that's nice, Darren - I'm glad you had great time, and it helped you to lead a spiffy life.  But neither you, nor the anonomouses answered these questions:
http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... m=13#74984

Why not?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Anyone see Montel today?
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2005, 02:39:00 PM »
On 2005-01-22 21:35:00, ~-=Sara=-~ wrote:

"

You know, the signal to noise ratio here is ridiculously small.  You guys don't debate or disuss  the program --  you attack people personally.  

Anonomouse didn't say anything of Samantha's story - you only commented on how credible she looked and that she was dramatic.

Another anonomouse (Or the same...who can tell?) despised Aaronson's article because he didn't give him or her ink.  Darren only had to say "well it wasn't like that when I was there".

Well that's nice, Darren - I'm glad you had great time, and it helped you to lead a spiffy life.  But neither you, nor the anonomouses answered these questions:

Why not?

"

I believe that their have been a bunch of horrific experiences, and i have never diminished that...i believe it to be fact in most cases...all i have ever commented on was my experiences and it seems like YOU hate the fact that i didnt have a horrible life altering experience...so sorry to let you down. :grin:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Anyone see Montel today?
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2005, 02:40:00 PM »
On 2005-01-22 21:35:00, ~-=Sara=-~ wrote:

"

Why not?

"
Darren here.
I believe that their have been a bunch of horrific experiences, and i have never diminished that...i believe it to be fact in most cases...all i have ever commented on was my experiences and it seems like YOU hate the fact that i didnt have a horrible life altering experience...so sorry to let you down. :grin:

Offline dbucfan

• View Profile
Anyone see Montel today?
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2005, 02:41:00 PM »
sheesh...how many more times could i say the word experience? :rofl:
ww.perrysjewelry.com

• View Profile
Anyone see Montel today?
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2005, 04:56:00 PM »
Darren here.

I believe that their have been a bunch of horrific experiences, and i have never diminished that...i believe it to be fact in most cases...all i have ever commented on was my experiences and it seems like YOU hate the fact that i didnt have a horrible life altering experience...so sorry to let you down. :grin: "

My point was that you're so wrapped up in your experience that you haven't bothered until now to say that you even believed there were "horrific experiences".  Your whole tone has been "Thank God it wasn't ME".  

The point is - these programs have been abusive, have disrupted many people's lives and continue to do so. The whole sickness perpetuates because of the widely held attitudes of:

1.  Oh, that never happened when I was there
2.  It didn't happen to me
3.  It's all exaggeration
4.  It was supposed to be tough.
    (Tough?  It's illegal treat POWs with the                      "treatment" these programs provide!)

5.  Rotten kids deserve it.

Let me down?  I wasn't recruiting you, pal.  Hell, if that was my job, I'd be working for a program someplace!  :roll:  What I find hard to believe is that you didn't see one ounce of abuse in the entire time you were in either LIFE or STEP.  

Another question for you - why did you start this off with "Discuss" and not say a word about the show?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Anyone see Montel today?
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2005, 05:21:00 PM »
On 2005-01-23 13:56:00, ~-=Sara=-~ wrote:

"
Darren here.

I believe that their have been a bunch of horrific experiences, and i have never diminished that...i believe it to be fact in most cases...all i have ever commented on was my experiences and it seems like YOU hate the fact that i didnt have a horrible life altering experience...so sorry to let you down. :grin: "

My point was that you're so wrapped up in your experience that you haven't bothered until now to say that you even believed there were "horrific experiences".  Your whole tone has been "Thank God it wasn't ME".  

The point is - these programs have been abusive, have disrupted many people's lives and continue to do so. The whole sickness perpetuates because of the widely held attitudes of:

1.  Oh, that never happened when I was there

2.  It didn't happen to me

3.  It's all exaggeration

4.  It was supposed to be tough.

(Tough?  It's illegal treat POWs with the                      "treatment" these programs provide!)

5.  Rotten kids deserve it.

Let me down?  I wasn't recruiting you, pal.  Hell, if that was my job, I'd be working for a program someplace!  :roll:  What I find hard to believe is that you didn't see one ounce of abuse in the entire time you were in either LIFE or STEP.  

Another question for you - why did you start this off with "Discuss" and not say a word about the show? "
Believe it or not...i never saw one ounce of what i would consider abuse(rape, beatings, mental torture etc.). yes i do feel lucky that it didnt happen to me but at the same time i wish all the best for the abused. To clarify i said i believed most of the horror stories...i do not believe all the hype by any means. i started the topic, o-topic inspector, to see how others felt about what was said. next time i will run the topic by you first. :roll:

• View Profile
Anyone see Montel today?
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2005, 05:26:00 PM »

i started the topic, o-topic inspector, to see how others felt about what was said. next time i will run the topic by you first. :idea:

You are an ASSHOLE!

Have a nice day. [ This Message was edited by: ~-=Sara=-~ on 2005-01-23 14:26 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Anyone see Montel today?
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2005, 07:28:00 PM »
Sure, I'll respond to your questions.

As for the "Abuse" that happened at GT - and the reports.  Yep, that happened and was reported and hopefully the INDIVIDUAL who was admittedly guilty of that childish act was TREATED.
   Was that a PRACTICE of GT??  NO.  
   Was he TOLD or TAUGHT to do that, BY GT??  NO.
   Did GT deny it, or avoid it or fight against it ?? NO.  The Director handled it very appropriatley.  
  Is this a fairly isolated incident? MOST LIKELY.  
  GT has been around for 15 plus years??!!  HOW many reports like this have been made and confirmed in ALL those years?!?!  Probably only this ONE.

When you work with disfunctional families and teens, do you expect things like this to NEVER happen in treatment??  Would be NICE... but we don't live in a perfect world.

Point is this.  If you DON'T have a BETTER SOLUTION for  troubled teens, using drugs, stealing, involved in breaking the law, being unruley... then PLEASE use your efforts to CREATE one!  Tearing down programs that DO help and have MANY, MANY successes (much to your dismay) should NOT be shut down for isolated incidents.

This SAMMIE on MONTEL was a real drama queen.  I DO NOT buy MOST of her story!  I don't BUY that she sat in her feces and blood for days, or that she was SAT ON for 12 hours at a time, or in a room by herself for days, OR that she was RAPED by a "staff" person!  DO NOT BUY IT!!
  I personally think most the ABUSED on this site are out for the $$$!  You want to SUE and get whatever you can get out of any of the founders, directors, etc.!   MONEY motivated!  I don't BUY that you're out there to SAVE our poor kids!

So, there's your answers.  You won't like them, you are SO predictable in what you POST. You think you are SO much smarter or more well informed than ANYONE else.  I'm sure that's what you NEED to do, in order to mask your insecurities, but it REALLY gets old and sickening.

And I'm sure you'll go off on the "oh, and you post anonymously".  Well... is your name REALLY "Sara"??  I don't think so.  Why don't you post your true FULL name!??  If you're not willing, then SHUT up about those who post anonymously!  I choose NOT to post mine as I TRULEY feel like there are MANY "loose cannons" on this site (unbalanced, filled with hate and rage) and I do not choose to put my name out there, for them to then track down and harass.  Like it or not.

I WON'T resort to calling you names, as you have calling Darren an "asshole". THAT says a LOT about you and your character right there.

• View Profile
Anyone see Montel today?
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2005, 08:44:00 PM »
On 2005-01-23 16:28:00, Anonymous wrote:

"  Sure, I'll respond to your questions.

As for the "Abuse" that happened at GT - and the reports.  Yep, that happened and was reported and hopefully the INDIVIDUAL who was admittedly guilty of that childish act was TREATED.

Was that a PRACTICE of GT??  NO.  

Was he TOLD or TAUGHT to do that, BY GT??  NO.

Did GT deny it, or avoid it or fight against it ?? NO.  The Director handled it very appropriatley.  

Is this a fairly isolated incident? MOST LIKELY.  

GT has been around for 15 plus years??!!  HOW many reports like this have been made and confirmed in ALL those years?!?!  Probably only this ONE.

Granted, one incident.  But like other sexual assaults, how many others have gone unreported?  I just wonder why wouldn't you hope the "Individual" was CONVICTED of a CRIMINAL act, and dealt with accordingly?

Also, are you the same "Anonomous" who said the entire article was nothing but exaggeration?

When you work with disfunctional families and teens, do you expect things like this to NEVER happen in treatment??  Would be NICE... but we don't live in a perfect world.

So, what you're saying is these types of "incidents" are to be expected?   Sexual Assualt is to be EXPECTED????  Unbelievable.

Point is this.  If you DON'T have a BETTER SOLUTION for  troubled teens, using drugs, stealing, involved in breaking the law, being unruley... then PLEASE use your efforts to CREATE one!  Tearing down programs that DO help and have MANY, MANY successes (much to your dismay) should NOT be shut down for isolated incidents.

How about this:  Maybe it would be best if "dysfunctional families" didn't TREAT dysfunctional families?!  

Professionals have been dealing with real problems long before GT oozed out of The Seed... or The Seed oozed out of Synanon for that matter.

This SAMMIE on MONTEL was a real drama queen.  I DO NOT buy MOST of her story!  I don't BUY that she sat in her feces and blood for days, or that she was SAT ON for 12 hours at a time, or in a room by herself for days, OR that she was RAPED by a "staff" person!  DO NOT BUY IT!!

I personally think most the ABUSED on this site are out for the $$$!  You want to SUE and get whatever you can get out of any of the founders, directors, etc.!   MONEY motivated!  I don't BUY that you're out there to SAVE our poor kids!

Did you not hear Sammie herself say that the statute of limitations from that period has long since passed?

As for the other kids - series of surgeries get really expensive.  Specialized psychotherapy to undo "programming" gets pretty expensive too.  If someone knocks your teeth out tomorrow (which just could happen if you said this shit out loud in public!), you would expect them to pay for your dental work, wouldn't you?  

No one said you had to "buy" anything.  The facts are out there... all you have to do is look for them.  

I am actually a little stunned at your diatribe against Sammie.  Hope you have some good Karma in the bank.

So, there's your answers.  You won't like them, you are SO predictable in what you POST. You think you are SO much smarter or more well informed than ANYONE else.  I'm sure that's what you NEED to do, in order to mask your insecurities, but it REALLY gets old and sickening.

You're psychic too, huh?  Good luck with that.
Actually I deal with facts, No hype, no witchcraft, stepcraft, pseudo-psychology or psychic intuition.

And I'm sure you'll go off on the "oh, and you post anonymously".  Well... is your name REALLY "Sara"??  I don't think so.  Why don't you post your true FULL name!??  If you're not willing, then SHUT up about those who post anonymously!  I choose NOT to post mine as I TRULEY feel like there are MANY "loose cannons" on this site (unbalanced, filled with hate and rage) and I do not choose to put my name out there, for them to then track down and harass.  Like it or not.

Who cares what your real name is?  Did I ever ask you for it?  You can register your name on this board as "Sigmund Freud" for all the admins and I care.

What if my name isn't Sara?  So what?  You know that every post with "Sara" beside it was written by me - the same person, every time.  Yep, I'm Sara!  :wave:

I made that "Anonomous" comment because "Anonomous" is simply anyone who logs in and posts.  "Anonomous" on this thread could be 1 person, or it could be 20 different people.  This has come up before.  Now I can ASSUME, you're a different "Anonomous", or I can ASSUME that you're the same one, and that you're just dense, and ask, "Why is that so hard to understand?"   I was giving you the benefit of the doubt.  Or was that the other "Anonomous"?

I WON'T resort to calling you names, as you have calling Darren an "asshole". THAT says a LOT about you and your character right there."

Hey, I've been trying for months now to deal with Darren (and others) intelligently.  Almost every time, I get an insult hurled in my direction, and yes, I have also been called names by yet another "Anonymous".  Or was that you too?  Again, I'll give the benefit of the doubt, as I always have.  

I'm sick of the insults, so I'm hurling them back.  I hope that speaks volumes for my character!  :grin:

(Edited for spelling and clarity)[ This Message was edited by: ~-=Sara=-~ on 2005-01-24 06:14 ]