Author Topic: Re: Straight in Plymouth, MI 1987  (Read 23870 times)

Offline 2dogs2

• View Profile
Re: The "love-ya's" need to pick up! Ply, MI. 86'-87'
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2001, 03:59:05 PM »
How in the hell can I find all  the people I sent freindship letters to? ...And all those that I reported.  I miss all you bastards.  Lets have a song!   Anyone know me.... Joe Pechette
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Re: The "love-ya's" need to pick up! Ply, MI. 86'-
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2001, 01:29:12 PM »
Check out Anonymity Anonymous There are a bunch of other websites and forums where you might want to go and post a note. It's a good idea to include a fairly permanent email address, as these forums sometimes get slow and you might not get back around to find any responses.

If you set up a new site or forum or run accross any that I don't have listed, please let me know and I'll add them right away.

Welcome!

-If there's a worse idea going than locking kids up for victimless crimes, it's probably locking them in close proximity to some tyrannical altruist bent on helping them even if it kills them.
Saving our Children from Drug Treatment Abuse
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline 2dogs2

• View Profile
alumni
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2001, 01:00:06 AM »
I checked that site.  It had an Straight Inc. alumni link that went no where.

Where else can I look for my People?   Any ideas?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Thanks!
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2001, 12:03:58 AM »
I just fixed that link. Thanks! I forgot to do that when E-Groups switched over to Yahoo. There are quite a few people from Straight posting to that list. And it's archived, so you can browse through to your heart's content.

We have some old host homes and 7th step society lists, at least one or two familiar names on there to me. I've never wanted to ring anyone's phone, though, and drop this old nightmare in their laps, so I've always just stuck with being easy to find for those who take it upon themselves to go looking.

Good luck and please send your friends along to these forums as you find them.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline LESTAT49203

• View Profile
Re: Hey Joe! Who do ya know?
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2001, 05:13:55 AM »
Hey Joe.  Sorry I haven't checked this board for awhile.  Been one busy summer.  I was in Plymouth as well.  I was there till Sept 86.  Who are you looking for?  Do you remember a Tim Tokarz or Rich Pauli?  Rich and his brother Ron were from Plymouth to.  Rich would have been on staff while you were there along with his girl friend Liz Arlen.  Any of these names sound familer?  Get with me if you can.  I have a few questions about some of these people myself.  Thanks Lestat

Offline Elle

• View Profile
Ginger?
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2001, 12:16:07 AM »
I just went to Anonimity Anonomous, and there didn't seem to be a "Contact me" link. I know Ginger Warbis comes around here from time to time. There are very little links about AARC (Kids spin off) and I was hoping I could ask her to post something on Dean Vuase in the crack pot section! I have articles explaining what's known of his history and pics if needed.

You can mail me at [email protected]

Elle.

Offline heretohelp

• View Profile
Re: Straight in Plymouth, MI 1987
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2001, 09:23:03 AM »
To those who have experienced STRAIGHT, KIDS e.t.c.

I am 14 years old and found the web page http://www.heavenisahalfpipe.com whilst searching for the song by O.P.M. Instead I found a web-page by the WebDiva Kelly. In one section of her web-page she recounts the last years of her brothers life. He went through STRAIGHT and commited suicide at the age of 18 after 3 years of STRAIGHT. The web-page brought tears to my eyes and learning about another girls experience on another web-page took me to floods of tears. The HELL you people have undergone is F*****g awful. I have never undergone STRAIGHT or KIDS or anything like that and sitting here at home in my comfortable stable life style makes me feel selfish. I have signed up to this BB because I want to help in the struggle that clearly is an ongoing struggle against organisations like STRAIGHT. I recently sent an e-mail to the SAFE web-site, an offspring of STRAIGHT asking them about there STRAIGHT roots and what they had to say about it. I'm sure they'll (if they mail back at all) mail me back with some SHIT. All I wanted to say was I am here to help and if anybody has any links to other web sites which are also against organisations like STRAIGHT and KIDS please feel free to mail them to me at [email protected] or post them here....

Like I said, I'm here to help...

Offline angel714

• View Profile
Welcome
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2001, 03:00:50 PM »
Hey there Plymouth...I'm glad you found all of us. It was such a relief to me after so many years to find people I could talk to about being in

Offline angel714

• View Profile
Welcome
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2001, 03:03:30 PM »
Hey there Plymouth...I'm glad you found all of us. It was such a relief to me after so many years to find people I could talk to about being in "hell" and they knew what I was talking about.Once the excitement of finding the group faded....the anger and pain set in , but I had met people from the boards that helped me through the rough  times...the wine helped too...lol..I was also in the Cincinnati Straight right before they opened the Michigan Program...would love to find out about some of the people from Michigan Program that I was locked up with.I'm sure some of them were still hangin' around in 1987. Just hang in there and be good to yourself...I'm an internet junkie and on-line all the time...if you ever need someone to listen just look me up.  Angie Hawkins

Offline DavidEnglish

• View Profile
Glad I finally found this board
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2001, 01:46:48 PM »
I was in Cincy Straight 81-84 at least physically but rest assured that from day one, I had to fly! Copped out twice at my earliest opportunity to do so. Brought back in handcuffs once. I was ever so fortunate to receive the boot by Executive Staff Crock, as far as I can recall the only Straightling ever to have been granted a reprieve in that manner. I got sat on and all the other usual torture but that bothers me never as much as what I was forced to do to other victims in order to con and scam my way out of that emotional Viet-Nam. It has been a VERY long road since I was granted my freedom. They strung my folks out long after my departure. The Straight philosophy (and my folks gullability) deprived me of my family when I really needed them.I still awake with that same sense of impending doom that I felt every minute in that place. I still feel like an outsider when describing the pain and anger I feel towards that place because you have to have been there.

Offline FaceKhan

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2001, 10:07:23 PM »
I too, have never been in a program, I am 18. I learned about some of the more modern programs like Tranquility Bay and Paradise Cove a couple years ago while involved in the Teen Rights groups. This past summer, one of my best friends was sent to an unlicensed 'wildnerness program' which I found out was almost shut down because of their negligence in a 14 year old boy's suicide there in Feb. My friend returned home after 2 months. He is ok, and he even thinks the program was not that bad. I was beginning to agree with him, but about 2 weeks after he got back, I got a message from another person who had been there and he gave a negative report. Negligence, unsafe environment, untrained staff, and falsified school transcripts for their highschool class makeup program. I was also contacted last week by someone else who had been there for nearly 6 months ( it is supposedly a 3 month program) and she had similar things to say about it. Both were considered great students while they were there.

Alldredge Academy is no STRAIGHT or Tranquility Bay but it is definitely part of the problem, and the people running it are connected to the worse programs.

Slavish discipline makes a slavish temper... If severity carry'd to the
highest pitch does prevail, and works a cure upon the present unruly
distemper, it often brings in the room of it a worse and more dangerous
disease, by breaking the mind; and then, in the place of a disorderly young
fellow, you have a low spirited moap'd creature, who, however with his
unnatural sobriety he may please silly people, who commend tame unactive
children, because they make no noise, nor give them any trouble; yet at
last, will probably prove as uncomfortable a thing to his friends, as he
will be all his life an useless thing to himself and others... Beating them,
and all other sorts of slavish and corporal punishments, are not the
discipline fit to be used in the education of those we would have wise,
good, and ingenuous men...
John Locke, 1692
All of the darkness of the world cannot put out the light of one small candle.\"

Offline LESTAT49203

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2001, 10:48:41 PM »
Well hello David.  I went into Cincy in late May of 84.  what time of yr did they let you out?  There are a few other old Cincy folks around here too.  Iam sure you'll remember them as soon as you see them.  Welcome

Offline 2dogs2

• View Profile
Plymouth P.O.W.
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2001, 05:46:18 AM »
Hey Angie. Did we know each other? I was in the Ply. MI.straight 86"-87". Joe Pechette is my name.  I can't place your face.  We surely knew the same people.

Offline medolphin76

• View Profile
I was in plymouth Straight from 1990 to 1992!
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2001, 09:17:53 PM »
Hello all of you straightlings.  I am sad to say that I also went through the horrific, terrifying place called straight.  My intake was Oct. 26th 1990 and did not get out until Apr. 13th 1992.  I made it out through a custody battle that my father and I finally won.  I was beaten abused and broken while I was there.  My twin sister was also there, she was actually put in two months before me and then I was put there.  I was not able to have school work brought in and any time I would "fake" my way through some of the program and got on a high enough phase to go to school I would cop-out.  Anyways, the judge was horrified that I hadn't really been in school for two school seasons and instantly gave temporary custody to my father and that meant that I got to leave that god forsaken nightmare.  Anyone there from 1990 thru 1992.  Does anyone remember Leylanny Smith or Carrie Petriet or me Melissa Courter and my sister Mary Courter or Ann Wilkenson or anyone else.  Hey does anyone know how to get a hold of our records from there.  If anyone wants to talk a little more privately my e-mail address is [email protected]  I am willing to talk to anyone about their experiences and help on finding people that were there when I was.  Any help is appreciated.  Loving you all.  

Melissa

Offline mmacpurple

• View Profile
Plymouth HELL, too
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2001, 12:28:56 AM »
I also am a past-client of the Plymouth,MI Straight Inc.  My twin sister called me tonight and told me about finding some sites about the old hell!!!!!!!  I could not resist to getting online to check it out!  I was there from 1990-1992!  I have to say that this is really the first time since then that i have let the whole Straight thing surface!  I have tried and tried to avoid it for all those years when it was ALWAYS in the back of my mind!  I hated that place and would do anything to put places like that out of bussiness!!!!!!!!!!!  I have three children of my own now and I could never even imagine putting one of my childen through the hell the we all weent through!  My name is Mary Courter and my sister's name is Melissa Courter!  I would like toget in touch with some of hte old people, just like my sister wants to!  There were quite a few clients that even to this day, Iwonder about!  Clients that did not belong there, druggies or not!  No human being belongs in the straight of HELL!!!!!!!  Please, if you have any information you can e-mail me at [email protected] !  I will talk to anyone about anything regarding this @#%$!!!!!!!!  It really scares me to know that there are still programs like these out there!!!!!  We need to do something to help eachother!

Sincerely,

Mary Courter