Author Topic: Miller Newton's "Church"  (Read 8155 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Miller Newton's "Church"
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2005, 10:13:00 AM »
Cool!!!  Thanks for the info.  It's so sad to think he is still controlling people.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline PerfectStraightling

• View Profile
Miller Newton's "Church"
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2005, 03:00:00 PM »
On 2005-01-15 17:33:00, jehudrive wrote:

"I am not going to say that you have not been caused pain, but I will say if you were sent to STRAIGHT, it was for a reason. A lot of the kids there were DRUG ABUSERS..yeah. Those kids were the same kinds of kids in my schools today that make life miserable for us good students by getting in fights, exposing others to drugs...etc. Society has a place for you, and it may very well be locked up in an abuse center. I've seen what hard drugs do to people. I wouldn't want my kids hopped up on meth, coke, or extacy either."

You don't really know what you're talking about. Many of the kids had never even done drugs, let alone were addicted to them. How can you assume that just because we were there, it was "for a reason." That reason was that the people at S.T.R.A.I.G.H.T. convinced our parents that we would die if we weren't there. Even the ones that maybe were, at such a young age, addicted didn't deserve to be emotionally and physically abused.

"To all of you who say that Mr. Newton molested, harmed or attacked you...great, I'm sure he very well could have. You don't seem to be telling anyone how you got to one of those programs in the first place...and you havent taken the precident to move on with your life."

So you're saying that some children deserve to be tortured and abused for their behavior?????????

"I will speak on Mr. Newton's behalf by saying first that if he was not a good person before, he has shed his poor judgement and has turned to religion for peace. Everyone makes poor decisions. He is NOT some uber billionaire either. He also sent his own damn kid to one of those programs. "

This sounds like you know him, personally. Are you really just a neighbor? And just because he may have sent his kid there doesn't make it RIGHT. He could be plain crazy.

"And the last thing is...you guys are invasive, disregard other people's privacy and property, you are self-pitying, and you need to refrain from coming into our quiet beach town and causing a tiff over an interpersonal matter that should have been dealt with a long time ago. Find a good psychiatrist, please!"

This is more of a social issue than an interpersonal one. I think people are worried about the well-being of the children attending his church. Aren't you???

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Miller Newton's "Church"
« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2005, 08:31:00 AM »
Funny we haven't heard back from the one that speaks for Newton. :???:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Miller Newton's "Church"
« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2005, 03:00:00 PM »
On 2005-01-15 17:33:00, jehudrive wrote:

"Alright. I live right near the Newton residence. I live next door to the church. I see Mr. Newton every single day.........................................................................

I will speak on Mr. Newton's behalf by saying first that if he was not a good person before, he has shed his poor judgement and has turned to religion for peace. Everyone makes poor decisions. He is NOT some uber billionaire either. He also sent his own damn kid to one of those programs.

And the last thing is...you guys are invasive, disregard other people's privacy and property, you are self-pitying, and you need to refrain from coming into our quiet beach town and causing a tiff over an interpersonal matter that should have been dealt with a long time ago. Find a good psychiatrist, please!"

What happened???  Where'd you go??? :???:  :lol:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Miller Newton's "Church"
« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2005, 10:13:00 AM »
This statement from the article is false.
"Yes, the Straight program was controversial, but I really have trouble with this becoming an issue. I am not doing treatment anymore. I am living a very quiet religious life," Newton said. "It's unfair to bring it up."

I know an individual who paid for and received "treatment" for an addiction problem from Miller Newton in Madeira Beach in 2004. The individual is from Atlanta, he spent a few months in "treatment" and returned to Atlanta around 3 months ago. The individual came from a Church in Atlanta that is in the same Archdiocese as Newton's "church".

I wish you the best in stopping him.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Miller Newton's "Church"
« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2005, 05:06:00 PM »
how can we get some info from this person?   I'm sure the Mad Bch officials would be interested in knowing this..............

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Miller Newton's "Church"
« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2005, 05:19:00 PM »
On 2005-01-20 07:13:00, Anonymous wrote:

I know an individual who paid for and received "treatment" for an addiction problem from Miller Newton in Madeira Beach in 2004. The individual is from Atlanta, he spent a few months in "treatment" and returned to Atlanta around 3 months ago. The individual came from a Church in Atlanta that is in the same Archdiocese as Newton's "church".
I wish you the best in stopping him."

Could you give us a little more info so that we can follow up on this please?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Miller Newton's "Church"
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2005, 01:18:00 PM »
On 2005-01-20 14:19:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-01-20 07:13:00, Anonymous wrote:

I wish you the best in stopping him."

Could you give us a little more info so that we can follow up on this please?"

::bump::

Offline Fr. Cassian

• View Profile
    • http://goat.cx
Miller Newton's "Church"
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2005, 01:58:00 PM »
Yes, I do continue to treat chemical dependency---it's part of my calling from the Lord, just as he chose me to lead you druggie cretins out of the Valley of the Shadow of Drugs back in the 80s and 90s.  You slime-filled druggie imbeciles had better not interfere with anyone else's program, or you will have the guilt on your hands ( I would have said conscience, but I know you druggies don't have one, or if you do, it has been incapacitated by your continued use of DRUGS) when the poor unfortunate relapses.  This is serious business--just as I saved you from dying when you were brought into an intake room for the first time, I am continuing to help those that have been afflicted with the scourge of chemical dependency.  Why you druggies choose to condemn someone to the life of depravity that you choose to lead is no mystery--- it is merely jealousy over the fact that I spend my time helping them and not you.

Emotions rule the world; Is it any wonder that it's so mucked up?!
http://fornits.com/rates.htm' target='_new'>Bill Warbis

I am a priest of GOD!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Miller Newton's "Church"
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2005, 02:04:00 PM »
"...the individual came from a church in Atlanta that is in the same archdiocese at Newton's..."

Could it be this one? If it is, maybe someone with experience with Newton should talk to Michael Evans so he can warn his church members about Newton.

St. Elias Church (Orthodox Church in Atlanta, GA)
Rt. Rev. Michael Evans

Atlanta, Georgia 30307

Phone:
Parish 404-378-8191

Diocese:
Southeast

Web site:
 steliasofatlanta.org

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Miller Newton's "Church"
« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2005, 06:58:00 AM »
REMINDER:  

Special Exception hearing will be held Monday evening, Nanuary 24, 6pm at MadBch City hall.  It should be quite interesting.  Miller, I'm sure, will be all spiffed up out in his "priest" outfit.   Kinda like a civil war re-enactor all decked out as a yankee private, or in Newton's case, a general.  Although, big diff between a weekend warrior and a convicted child abuser trying to open up another mill.  Come on out and show the dear "Father" your support.   Be there or be square, or be a trapazoid, or a rhomboid...do the ramba, yeah............

Offline RuthieGix

• View Profile
Miller Newton's "Church"
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2005, 02:53:00 PM »
Here's today's article in St. Petersburg Times (Neighborhood Times):

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/01/23/Neigh ... ient.shtml

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Miller Newton's "Church"
« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2005, 02:57:00 PM »
Yeah, I saw that.  Gee, I just love how they put the word survivors in quotes. :roll:

I wish we could find some tangible connection with this Atlanta referral issue.  That would certainly indicate that he misrepresented himself to the planning commission.  Or just any confirmation that he is, in fact, counseling kids.  

Anybody???

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Miller Newton's "Church"
« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2005, 03:40:00 PM »
Did anyone call the Rev. Michael Evans? Perhaps he referred this client to Newton? Maybe Evans does not know about Newton's history? Newton is listed on pokrov.org as an abusive priest. If people from Evans' church are going down to Newton for treatment, Evans needs to know. Sorry, I am not the one with the background on Newton to be able to make this phone call articulately.

This is the only clue I could find:
"...the individual came from a church in Atlanta that is in the same archdiocese at Newton's..."

Could it be this one? If it is, maybe someone with experience with Newton should talk to Michael Evans so he can warn his church members about Newton.

Rt. Rev. Michael Evans

Atlanta, Georgia 30307

Phone:
Parish 404-378-8191

Diocese:
Southeast

Web site:
 steliasofatlanta.or

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Miller Newton's "Church"
« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2005, 03:43:00 PM »
On 2005-01-23 12:40:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Did anyone call the Rev. Michael Evans?

Rt. Rev. Michael Evans

2045 Ponce de Leon Ave., N.E.

Atlanta, Georgia 30307

Phone:

Parish 404-378-8191

Diocese:

Southeast

Web site:

steliasofatlanta.or"

Anyone from the early 80s St. Pete remember a guy in there named Mike Evans?  I do. I remember his dad too.  Obviously that's a very common name...just kinda made me stop and shudder for a sec.