Author Topic: This abusive cult must be politically connected  (Read 23716 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
What a bunch of fools & nuts
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2006, 10:00:10 PM »
paul, go get laid
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
This abusive cult must be politically connected
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2006, 07:10:35 PM »
Dickface, that was not my response.  If it was I would have made it clear.

Paul St. John

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Re: What a bunch of fools & nuts
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2006, 07:15:50 PM »
Quote from: ""eighty 2""
paul, go get laid

This is the self-proclaimed MSW "licensed therapist"  :roll: that posted on another Daytop thread.  This guy is a phony and a liar.  In other words, a typical Daytop flunkie.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
This abusive cult must be politically connected
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2007, 05:17:32 PM »
i know wayne oconnell that was mentioned. he is managing director at my daytop.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: This abusive cult must be politically connected
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2008, 01:11:28 PM »
It worked for me-I had been brainwashed by dope, the media and its "everything will be all right if we just buy something and pretend to care attitude" and my own fears and unrealistic expectations of life, which doesn't owe anybody a thing. Show me a professor who has ever actually cured someone of an addiction problem and I'll show you a professor that is a liar-and probably out the twenty dollars he got hustled out of in the process. Who is better educated in the ways of an addict than another addict? When I graduated the program I couldn't wait to get out of there-and that is a good thing-I was growing-not sucking off some well intentioned rationalization of my addiction that fed into its continuation. You didn't like treatment? well guess what -you wouldn't like a heart transplant but it could save your life-and Daytop saved mine. You ran from it because you failed it-not because it failed you.

Offline Inculcated

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2009, 01:38:36 AM »
This Obit was posted in "Is there any relationship btwn Synanon and Daytop?" thread. The quote from the Psychology Today article presents Daytop's philosophy in a particulcarly telling way.

In an influential 1968 article in Psychology Today, Dr. Bassin described the organization's no-nonsense attitude:
''The psychological basis for treating drug addicts at Daytop Village differs radically from conventional methods,'' he wrote. ''Neither punishing the addict by jailing him for extended periods nor slobbering over him with sympathy and pity has shown any great rehabilitative value. Nor has it helped to regard the addict as a sick person, a 'medical problem,' as some well-meaning folk put it. The Daytop philosophy is to consider the addict as an adult acting like a baby: childishly immature, full of demands, empty of offerings.''
“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free”  Nikos Kazantzakis

Offline Inculcated

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2009, 03:03:05 AM »
No free lunch.
In an audio account of Nancy Reagan’s visit to Daytop, a luncheon lady (of the society variety) acquainted with Monsignor O’Brien tells of making the introduction, taking Reagan up to Swan Lake, writing a forgotten letter to Jim Baker… and takes credit for “Starting the whole thing” ( inspiring the series of events that led to D.A.R.E.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxuehAdeNH8
Just say, “No”
“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free”  Nikos Kazantzakis