Author Topic: GT wasn't that bad when I went.  (Read 5506 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
GT wasn't that bad when I went.
« on: January 08, 2005, 01:32:00 PM »
To the 7 steppers and Pull-offs,

I've just read the entire article written by Trevor Aaronson. I, myself, am a pull off that finds many exaggerations and non-truths to the article. I went through the program from Feb 1995 to April 1996. I was placed in the program by my father. He had custody of my self and my sister. I was  a very rough child. I had been skipping school. I was being physically violent w/ my father and little sister. I was using pot and alcohol on a daily bases. No one could tell me different. I knew what was best for me. When my mother asked if I cared what happen to me I replied "no. If I die, I'd consider it a blessing, b/c life sucks". When my father had learned this from my mother, he realized he had lost all control and enrolled me in GT. I was one of (at the time) the "worst misbehaviors ever", as we were frequently told. I came in and went to 'No-Phase' within my first two days. I have more stories of being juvenile and rebellious toward the staff then most of you out there. I had just happen to have one of (and still is) my best friends in there. His parents had suggested it to my dad, since he was already in there. During my newcomer time, we had many stupid, immature games that we'd play on one another, but NEVER to the extreme detailed in this story. I am not saying these incidents did not occur. I am, however, asking those who went through the program if they remember it being this bad? Don't reply if you are a parent or a sibling, b/c you didn't have to do shit. Life was rough for you, but NOTHING, compared to what we went through. I'll be the first to tell any one "GT sucks ass". I'll also be the first to tell anyone "I would not be speaking to you today had I not gone in". Brainwashed? no. If you're that easily manipulated to believe ever word uttered from staff's mouth, you're an idiot. I took a plethora of wonderful, life helping, personal analysis, information from the program. I left the bullshit there. Beatings? Sexual-abuse? These things didn't happen during my program. We had two sides of the spectrum. The girls side were rule crazy, over the top extremist. The problem I always had with GT was staff didn't stop them from being extreme. There was no gray. During my program, the girls took the rule 'no talking behind peoples back' to the extreme of 'you can't say a person's name if they aren't in your eye site'. F'ing ridicules. Thank god 'the mighty mighty' guys side didn't work like that. On Guys side when we went home, our parents sat down and let us bitch our hearts out. Then they'd ask us to figure out how we could change it with out anger or violence. 99% of the time it was staff that we hated. This gave our parents a chance to see why were always mad at them. The saw us from outside the fiery circle. It helped every dude I went there with. I'd sit with my father and my assigned staff member and talk to him about what he did  that hurt me. He'd do the same. For the first time in our lives we did it without insulting each other or yelling. We talked. I was 16 yrs old and 'talking', really 'talking' to my father for the first time. I owe that to GT and some staff members. Again,it helped EVERY dude I went there with. Whether they want to admit it or not. All the ones I keep in close contact with, that didn't give up on themselves, is doing just awesome. I know a few that have hit rock bottom, a couple that are dead, and one that's a vegetable. I also know one that graduated UF, one that is a manger for a major restaurant, one that served in the Air Force, and myself who has a great career, is in a committed relationship, and on the verge of being his first home. Traumatic? No shit. It's supposed to be traumatic. Sandy pines is the easy rehab. Ping pong, juice and cookies, and Nintendo aren't going to stop anyone from letting their life go down the crapper. I'd just like to see what other G.T.ers think???

p.s. - F Mickey Bowman. I still hate that Cee yUo Next Tues. to this day!!! Rotten ass b*tch.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2005, 10:23:00 PM »
Great post.  You are right. It NEEDED to be tough, not cookies and milk.  And you're right about that trash article.  I was there for the beginnings of GT, and attempted to give that reporter MY info., but he wasn't looking for TRUTH, just "trash tabloid" crap.  Who was the overall director when you were there?  I knew Frank Burns, Barbara Griffin and Tere Corrigan. Any of those names ring a bell?  I know Richard and Michael B. too (brothers).  And Kathy O.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2005, 08:59:00 AM »
On 2005-01-08 19:23:00, Anonymous wrote:

"  Great post.  You are right. It NEEDED to be tough, not cookies and milk.  And you're right about that trash article.  I was there for the beginnings of GT, and attempted to give that reporter MY info., but he wasn't looking for TRUTH, just "trash tabloid" crap.

What did you offer him and what did he say to you?  

Oh ho... familiar name, Tere Corrigan.  She was a LIFE transplant, and she had her whole family in LIFE (Like two cousins in the phases and an older aunt or someone doing book keeping).

Offline Helena Handbasket

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2005, 09:52:00 AM »
On 2005-01-08 19:23:00, Anonymous wrote:

"  Great post.  You are right. It NEEDED to be tough, not cookies and milk.  And you're right about that trash article.  I was there for the beginnings of GT, and attempted to give that reporter MY info., but he wasn't looking for TRUTH, just "trash tabloid" crap.  Kathy O."

Trash tabloid crap?  How do you explain this?

http://thestraights.com/straight/images ... -rpt-1.gif
http://thestraights.com/straight/images ... -rpt-2.gif
http://thestraights.com/straight/images ... -rpt-3.gif
http://thestraights.com/straight/images ... -rpt-4.gif
http://thestraights.com/straight/images ... -rpt-5.gif

What? It didn't happen to you, didn't happen in your home, so ... didn't happen, right?  

How do you explain the evidence produced by Rick Pavlescak?  

How you explain Moskowitz and Gersten?

You guys are killing me ... the gun has been smoking for close to 30 years now, and people like you are still trying to convince the rest of the world it's only a water pistol.  
::smokingun::
Unbelievably scary.
uly 21, 2003 - September 17, 2006

Offline basketball

• View Profile
dear guest
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 12:53:17 PM »
i am happy it wasn't so 'bad' for you. but really, wait until your amnesia lifts and you remember the smell of urine and feces, and blood stained benches, then tell me it wasn't so bad.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
not bad? sing u up for sum more o that child abuse?
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 08:40:50 PM »
anyone who says it was not that bad is a sociopath who will also abuse....be careful and stay clear of em

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AMEN
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007, 12:30:53 AM »
..... this person who didn't think it was that bad, MOST likely is an abuser....... Because WHY is that person on this forum if it wasn't THAT BAD..... were they REALLY there, because reading the posts on this forum will bring back any buried memories.  

hmmmmmm it's not a problem of amnesia..(?)...... they just like that kinda thing.....     DANGEROUS, after all, the majority of the public WANTS Paris to go to Jail.... PUL LEEEEEZ, IS it really necessary to put Paris in jail, .... WHEN all the mfers who torture children go happily on their way.....coughing sickness and evil all the way to the bank.... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

God bless us all, we've been through hell and :flame:  :flame:  :flame:  will always live in hell with a certain degree of heat... OUCH.... HOT...... THAT HURTS! :flame:  :flame:  :flame:                                       :idea:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: dear guest
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2007, 07:03:08 AM »
Quote from: ""basketball""
i am happy it wasn't so 'bad' for you. but really, wait until your amnesia lifts and you remember the smell of urine and feces, and blood stained benches, then tell me it wasn't so bad.
I agree that these programs are bad,but remember that there WERE some gutter hugging kids that were in very bad shape when they arrived.Maybe the program was comfortable compared to where they came from,or maybe they kept a low profile and the staff/host families were a bit more respecting of them and did not jump on their shit every day,or maybe they were hardened before they arrived in the program and did not perceive what was happening to them as being abuse compared to their previous life in the gutter.
There were some real winos in group.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2007, 11:44:12 AM »
children are not winos? it just is not possible... children are children a brain is not fully developed until age 25...children should never be criminalized or demonized...we were children denied basic human rights at the very least..it was and is institutionalized child abuse...there is no other way around it...if children came in needing real help they did not get it in there...they just got more abused....it's scarey and we should all pray for the protection of our children in society no matter what...there isnt a child out there bad enough to deserve a stint in straight

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2007, 02:38:23 PM »
Still at it here, huh? I haven't visited this site in MANY months, and when I decide to just check it, some of the same people still whining about their (alleged) abuse. (Oh, and I should believe what's on the Straights.com site? I think not.)  It would be comical if it weren't so sad.

Grow up, stop believing the lies you've been telling yourself for 10, 20 plus years (to justify how you've "sat in your pity" - as the program use to say - HA), and put your efforts into something productive for a change. (people who repeat the same actions, yet expect different results, well, you get the picture.)

:lol:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2007, 05:00:43 PM »
'pity' your a sociopath clueless and still in the dark ages...how many people have u abused? stay clear of this one

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2007, 07:55:46 AM »
Quote from: ""happy to be free""
children are not winos? it just is not possible... children are children a brain is not fully developed until age 25...

Mark Waters was a "wino",and so was Danny French.

Face it,some children were in pretty bad shape when they arrived in the program.The program definately was not good,but it probably felt good to guys like Mark Waters.Maybe these kind of "wino" gutter hugging intakes did not feel they were being abused.

Offline basketball

• View Profile
you must be
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2007, 01:11:49 PM »
you must be one of those sick program directors..
c'mon, tell me you're not.

are you on this forum to torture children MORE, after all we will remain emotionally hurt children, if you had a BRAIN, you could read what TORTURE does to a human.

but YOU, mr. or mrs. GUEST - you don't even identify yourself.

you want to fight with a survivor? that means you haven't survived.
so get the fuck off this forum and let us survivors do what we do best...... SURVIVE, cuz we are living proof, remember 40 of us were murdered at the hands of $8t....... damn that whiner, he needs some water,,,, oops, he died of dehydration...... YOU, mr. or mrs. Guest is damning a Whiner..... PUH LEEZ   you are for real?????

oh, yeah, what are YOU going to do. NOW.... stay in your ignorant sad world, you are DANGEROUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you will face your maker and HE will turn HIS sweet face from you FOREVER.... Repent now, mother fucker, we survivors don't need YOU. never did, never will. bring it on. have any guts to answer ME....

Offline basketball

• View Profile
walters and french
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2007, 01:24:36 PM »
don't know mark walters or danny french - and maybe they were WINO's

guess WHAT  -  they have a RIGHT to be whatever they want... so they liked to suck on the juice .  SO WHAT !!!!!!!! nothing to do with $8t was ever remotely helpful as a drug and rehab...

who said it is better to be tortured by $8t, than to be a wino.

if being a child wino is even possible.... Who are you to say these boys don't deserve their WINE ?   hey maybe they've been finger-fucked by their pedaphia uncle so many times, that they just needed to suck on the juice of grapes FOR A CHANGE

hey, mr. or mrs. guest - ARE YOU that pedaphile who not only drove those boys to drink, but now you are jumping mad cuz you lost your boy toy(s)

WHY are you here, go to hell with the other abusers and STAY THERE.
.............................. GET OFF this forum asshole.
we survivors have been cursed enough, we don't need a pimple like you aggravating with your little itching black heart that wants to cause MORE HARM...... really,,,, WHO ARE YOU.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: walters and french
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2007, 06:03:36 AM »
Quote from: ""basketball""
don't know mark walters or danny french - and maybe they were WINO's

guess WHAT  -  they have a RIGHT to be whatever they want... so they liked to suck on the juice .  SO WHAT !!!!!!!! nothing to do with $8t was ever remotely helpful as a drug and rehab...

who said it is better to be tortured by $8t, than to be a wino.

if being a child wino is even possible.... Who are you to say these boys don't deserve their WINE ?   hey maybe they've been finger-fucked by their pedaphia uncle so many times, that they just needed to suck on the juice of grapes FOR A CHANGE

hey, mr. or mrs. guest - ARE YOU that pedaphile who not only drove those boys to drink, but now you are jumping mad cuz you lost your boy toy(s)

WHY are you here, go to hell with the other abusers and STAY THERE.
.............................. GET OFF this forum asshole.
we survivors have been cursed enough, we don't need a pimple like you aggravating with your little itching black heart that wants to cause MORE HARM...... really,,,, WHO ARE YOU.

Are you retarded?
Cant you read?
Ill write it ONE MORE TIME for your benefit.

These children who really did have EXTREME problems and arrived in the program DID NOT PERCEIVE it as an abusive place because their degenerate alcoholic "lifestyle" before entering the program was much mor uncomfortable.

Do us all a favor and just continue posting "links",because your personal writings make us all look bad.