Author Topic: More Trivia  (Read 52828 times)

Offline Thom

• View Profile
More Trivia
« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2005, 06:50:00 PM »
I saw 3 dog night too. Memories are real fuzzy about concerts. I usually got really  wasted so I could have 'fun'. Friends would tell me later whether or not I succeeded. I do remember one time, might have been 3 dog night, who knows. I don't recall the drug, but it must have been some kind of stimulant thing that was going around. Anyway, what I do remember was that I 'danced' so violently, or in such an odd fashion, that a ring of spectators formed around me. The next thing I remember was on the way home being dehydrated to the point of loosing consciousness.
   Another time, I wrecked my best friend's '67 Impala Fastback the afternoon of a Robin Trower concert. (I still don't understand how the police did not see how stoned I was). My friend, Ray, had just finished fixing it up really nice, big tires, jacked up in the back, new intake and carb (the kind that required a hood scoop, I think) It was raining lightly, and I went to pass another car, and lost control, not being used to driving such a powerful car. I hit another car, and caused injuries. I didn't even go over to check on them. Too scared I might see blood, I guess. More likely I was afraid of an 'uncomfortable' confrontation. But did we let that stop us? NO WAY! We bummed a ride with some buddies who ended up leaving us there. It was Miami, about 30 miles from home. I don't know if they forgot, got tired of waiting for us to find them, or exactly who they were, for that matter. We called his dad at about 2-3 in the morning after coming to the conclusion it was too far to walk. Boy was HE pissed when he got there. He never said a word the whole ride. The next morning I withdrew all my savings, about $300., I think, and knocked on their door and handed it to his dad with an apology. He still was not smiling.
   Another fun adventure I had was getting real wasted one day, a little bit of everthing. Pot, acid, beer, and some pills represented as THC (who knows, I put all kinds of garbage in my body) I was driving east, not sure what road, started passing another car, crossing a double yellow line in the process, and came real close to hitting a Sherriff's Deputy coming the other way. He had the nerve to pull me over! I remember thinking I should take my shades off so he wouldn't think I was stoned. I had to use the rear view mirror and 'self talk' and a passenger's guidance to assist with the hand/eye coordination to accomplish this task. The Deputy asked if I was John McNulty's son. I said yes, and he let me go with a warning. My Dad was no big political guy or rich or anything, but he was well respected in the area for his reputation as a good, honest, hard-working man of character. I never knew if the guy let me go out of respect for dad's reputation, because he knew what shame it would bring him, or if he knew what Dad had been through with some of us kids, and wanted to spare him more pain. Boy, those were fun times!  :scared: ....Ginger?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
More Trivia
« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2005, 07:30:00 PM »
Eh, could have been he knew Dad pretty well and thought you were too young to die? LOL

I dunno. This isn't really trivia stuff.

Oh, you'll like this. I don't know if you knew this already or not. Remember those jackets that Ray brought back from Guatamala? I think he sold them for $15/ea and Mom bought two. I kept the red one. Dont' know if Mom still has the green one or not. Mine lasted through everything till it met w/ an unfortunate laundry accident involving part of Jojo's bottle top collection.

I found out a few years back that they're made of hemp, which is just the cheapest high quality textile fiber available in the area where they're made. How many times do you suppose Mom wore that thing in and out of Open Meeting? LOL!

That's still not Seed trivia, though. Just an entertaining tidbit.

What ever happened to Ray, Tom and Patty? I also wonder about Tom Mc w/ the hydrolic leg. I had a HUGE crush on him back then.

You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war.
--Albert Einstein

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline rjfro22

• View Profile
More Trivia
« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2005, 09:04:00 PM »
Good old pirates world. I remember sneeking in and seeing Led Zepplin . The other groups
Grand Funk, Three Dog, Grateful Gead, thats right , they played there as well and I did lean towards the glam rock and I saw David Bowie
on his Ziggy Stardust tour in little old hollywood fla. and the colorful creatures came out that night, you would of thought you were in New York.  Did anyone go to the Johnny Winters concert at pirates world where they did that live album with Rick Derringer ( Rock and Roll Hootchie Coo)  I was there!  
I also saw Alice Cooper there and he also played the Miami speedway.  I did Love that Pirates World,  It was definitly a teenage wasteland. :eek:  :eek:

Offline Fran

• View Profile
More Trivia
« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2005, 10:17:00 PM »
My first concert at Pirates World was 1970-1971..it was Bloodrock and Savoy Brown. Wow!! Bloodrock sang that song called DOA.
Of course you guys would have remembered the Hollywood Sportitorium out west on Hollywood Blvd and the concerts, rain, mud and more drugs then a pharmacy would have... but of course by most of that time I was in the seed by then. My brother though had some times out there.
Hey Thom we were probably both at this concert with Bloodrock...
remember the big water tower across the Sheridan Street from Pirates World...my older brother and his friend climbed it and painted in big letters his love for his girlfriend at the time.
 :smile:
[ This Message was edited by: Fran on 2005-02-19 19:23 ]

Offline rjfro22

• View Profile
More Trivia
« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2005, 10:49:00 PM »
I was also at that  Bloodrock concert,
whatever happened to them. DOA was a great song for the one hit wonder. I forgot all about that group, but the song was apropos for the time.     Does anyone know if Tom Petty lived in hollywood fla . Someone told me he went to
Driftwood jr High?   I think I am confusing the hollywood sportitorium with the miami speedway,    that's were I saw Alice Cooper and Captain Beefheart . I do rmember that water tower across from pirates world. I also remember swimming at the lake before it was TY park . We swang from the rope on the big tree into the water.  Remember the big sand hills that were in that area before TY I think there was a Lime lake there way back then.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
More Trivia
« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2005, 05:24:00 AM »
I heard the Tom Mc passed away some years ago

Offline Thom

• View Profile
More Trivia
« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2005, 08:13:00 AM »
On 2005-02-20 02:24:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I heard the Tom Mc passed away some years ago"

thats sad news. I used to sing in 'The New Crusty Nostrils" with him and others. Many fond memories from that. Any idea of what killed him? :cry:

Offline Fran

• View Profile
More Trivia
« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2005, 12:48:00 PM »
rjfro22...
yes it was a lime quarry and there was also another smaller quarry next to the larger lake they made out of TY.
I know Tom Petty grew up or lived for a while in Gainesville...not far from the University of Florida. Not sure about him living in Hollywood.
But I do have a lot of good memories growing up in Hollywood and of my youth ...the good and bad ...I cannot put the things I experienced, down, during that time as the seed wanted me to do. I am content with the way my life has gone even though my youth may have been questionable at times...I learned along the way.
It is good to be able to talk with others of that time we all lived in. Times have definitely changed and we can never go back, but we can in our memories and in the memories of others.
PEACE  :smile:  :smile:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
More Trivia
« Reply #83 on: February 20, 2005, 09:44:00 PM »
I heard that he passed away from Aids.

Offline Thom

• View Profile
More Trivia
« Reply #84 on: February 21, 2005, 09:06:00 AM »
On 2005-02-20 18:44:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I heard that he passed away from Aids.  "

do you have a when, where on that? Was he still in the Miami area? Do you know what year? thanks

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
More Trivia
« Reply #85 on: February 21, 2005, 09:15:00 PM »
Sorry, I heard it from a friend and they did not say when or where.  I did not ask either.  I have known for about 3 years but don't know when it happened.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
More Trivia
« Reply #86 on: February 27, 2005, 12:53:00 PM »
Remember (vaguely) Alice cooper in the late 60's early 70's at Pirate's World. Seems so tame today but real "out there" back then. Does anyone remember a place called the Flying Machine (I think) in the 70's? (It was near the old Gold Coast Skating Rink where I spent many a summer's day in the early 60's.) Anyway, lots of drugs and strange people.

Offline rjfro22

• View Profile
More Trivia
« Reply #87 on: February 27, 2005, 11:00:00 PM »
I think I remember the Flying Machine,
wasn't  that on Collins ave. I believe I saw
SPIRIT there.I remember going to a rock club on collins ave, I think even Jimi Hendricks played there, Collins Ave was a real freak ( HIPPIES) hang out,  I was very young at that time , around 14 , I also remember going to Grenalds  park every sunday and seeing NRBQ and Vanila Fudge, and other various bands. I guess it was called a Love In,
Lots of acid and freaks. I remember the Armory in hollywood also had live rock shows.
We had a lot of places to go to in those days.
Did anyone go to the Rock Pow wow festival (3days) at the Seminal Reservation in Hollywood, It was the first time I saw Johnny Winters.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
More Trivia
« Reply #88 on: March 01, 2005, 07:25:00 PM »
I recall the Greynolds (sp?) park days. You are right, seems like there were a lot of places to go back then. (I guess the lawyers have taken over.) Did you ever go to the armory in SW Ft. Lauderdale on SR 84? That was a big hang out place for a while.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
More Trivia
« Reply #89 on: March 02, 2005, 03:14:00 AM »
OK, OK, this site seems to be all about Ft Lauderdale and Cleveland Seed Programs.  I CANNOT believe there are no St Pete people viewing this site.  PLEASE post if you're around! I "signed up" on my own accord and would very much appreciate hearing from anyone who attended Clearwater HS, Dunedin, Largo, Seminole, Palm Harbor, Tarpon Springs AND/OR went into the Seed around 1973 or so.

I had a lot of friends there so...talk to me and tell me about it!!