Author Topic: More Trivia  (Read 52855 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
More Trivia
« Reply #165 on: July 05, 2005, 10:19:00 PM »
Did Bea K land up at FLCS by the same way? Always wondered what the connection was between our families.

No gods, no masters.
--margaret Sanger

Straight, Sarasota
   10/80 - 10/82
Anonymity Anonymous
return undef() if /coercion/i;
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline AnonAnon

• View Profile
More Trivia
« Reply #166 on: July 05, 2005, 11:59:00 PM »
Hey, Ginger...I'm AnonAnon! You're not supposed to know it's me! Maybe I'll try AnonAnonAnon...(oh, no. that's the program for people who talk too much.)

As for Bea, I can't place her @ The Seed. The only connection I recall is that the publisher switched our names in the yearbook one year. Boy, did that boost my self esteem!
   Hugs to those young ladies of yours!

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
More Trivia
« Reply #167 on: July 06, 2005, 01:35:00 PM »
Sorry, Bro. I thought you were being charmingly coy. Didn't think you were actually trying to be anon. In the interest of fair play, you could use an anon proxy. That way I wouldn't have any advantage over anyone else in figuring out who's posting, except familiarity w/ your style.

Anyway, I always wondered about the K family. Me and De (Bea's li'll sister) were just getting to be friends when I got dissapeared. But before that, me and unco used to give them a ride to school most days. May be that their parents just knew we lived pretty close together and needed transport. But I always wondered if there was something else.

And hugs to yours. We all want to go see Whirled Beet. But it seems like every time we almost have a plan together, some expense comes up to rain on our parade.

To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical.
http://laissezfairebooks.com/product.cfm?op=view&pid=FF7485&aid=10247' target='_new'> Thomas Jefferson

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
More Trivia
« Reply #168 on: August 05, 2005, 08:02:00 AM »
wow Oakridge  Elementary :em:  I went to Kindergarten there back in 1972 I guess. My neighborhood Elementary school didn't have a K class.I still remember my teacher Mrs Bowes. First crush I had.. ahhh those were the days.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
More Trivia
« Reply #169 on: August 05, 2005, 08:18:00 AM »
This is Mr Bowes.  I hope that crush is over now.  :grin:

Offline rod

• View Profile
More Trivia
« Reply #170 on: August 12, 2005, 12:59:00 AM »
Cathy,
    If you are still living in the same neighbourhood as Enie Peterman please tell her that Rod said hello and that I hope her and her family are doing well.We knew each other at Bogie.She entered the Seed a few months before I did

Offline Robin Martin

• View Profile
More Trivia
« Reply #171 on: August 12, 2005, 01:54:00 AM »
On 2005-08-11 21:59:00, rod wrote:

"

Cathy,

If you are still living in the same neighbourhood as Enie Peterman please tell her that Rod said hello and that I hope her and her family are doing well.We knew each other at Bogie.She entered the Seed a few months before I did"

Enie was instrumental in my recovery and one of my VERY favorite staff - please tell Enie I say "hello" and hope all is well w/ her world. I don't imagine she would remember me, personally, but would like to thank her just the same!
bid you peace!

Offline rod

• View Profile
More Trivia
« Reply #172 on: August 12, 2005, 04:11:00 AM »
On 2005-03-17 01:17:00, Robin Martin wrote:

"
Must have been the latter, since I was not of driving age at the time. I chose to go to the Seed. I was not under any external threat or compulsion. I get the impression this was a bit unusual, but I guess it explains why I wasn't yelled at or locked in. I was not a flight risk.
"

DITTO, My friend...It's good to know we were not all "Gregs" or "Gingers"   :eek: "

Hate to burst ya alls bubble but I signed myself in,was motivated,wanted to learn,participated like crazy and got out of my two week program and into my three month program
rather quickly.I was well behaved and treated fairly well by staff.I was never come down upon until I left but then forced to return.Why did a motivated,hardworking seedling decide to leave.
  I got this gut feeling that something was seriously wrong.That gut feeling had been evolving for a while and started with the come down sessions.I remember some heavy duty ones.When I tell others who haven't a clue about the Seed or straight about the come down sessions thier mouthes drop in shock.But the realization came while I was on my three months and it had to do with the amount of food.You should be able to figure that out.
  As I said before ,do a little more reading and research.The thing is, after a little studying a few years after getting out ,I realized that,in
that gut feeling I was right.The question we should be asking is: does the end justify the means?In other words,do we as free civillized Americans believe in the abolishment of basic constitutional rights and condone the use of torture(some things that happened at the seed would be seen as torture under international law,deprivation of sleep and water for example)on children?If we do believe that it's o.k. then maybe we shouldn't be calling ourselves American!And actually you can look at this politically. The same people who created straight Mrs.Sembler
 being one, was out telling protesters they shouldn't be protesting on the public sidewalk in front of Baywalk, which is a constitutional
right but, then what do the founders and organizers of the Seed and Straight or thier government buddies care about rights and free thought!

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
More Trivia
« Reply #173 on: August 12, 2005, 10:03:00 AM »
Welcome Rob. And thanks for understanding.

If anybody's interested in discussing the method, here's an idea. Watch Brat Camp on Wed night on ABC. I think there are about 2 or 3 eps left. It's a "reality" tv sort of thing about one of the new wave in bm programs, a wilderness program called Sage Walk. It's interesting to me and, imo, relavent to this discussion because it demonstrates nearly identical methods used under a completely different setting. And, of course, because it's happening right now.

History does not record anywhere or at any time a religion that has any rational basis. Religion is a crutch for people not strong enough to stand up to the unkonwn without help. But, like dandruff, most people do have a religion and spend time and money on it and seem to derive considerable pleasure from fiddling with it.
--Robert A. Heinlen, American science-ficiton author

Offline Thom

• View Profile
More Trivia
« Reply #174 on: August 12, 2005, 11:55:00 AM »
History does not record anywhere or at any time a religion that has any rational basis. Religion is a crutch for people not strong enough to stand up to the unkonwn without help. But, like dandruff, most people do have a religion and spend time and money on it and seem to derive considerable pleasure from fiddling with it.

"

Would you go to a Podiatrist to find a solution to a heart problem?...Then why go to a science fiction writer for spiritual guidance? His opening statement is false. The Bible is the all-time best-selling history book, and lays out a VERY rational plan for living based on the fact that we did not create ourselves, and would be wise to develop dialog with the One who did.
Beam me up, Godie! ::dove::

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
More Trivia
« Reply #175 on: August 12, 2005, 12:33:00 PM »
Well hey Thom, how goes it? Thanks for not leaping to my throat directly. I apreciate that. If you want, you can go directly to the random quote generator at http://fornits.com/quotes.php and argue with it to your heart's content.  :razz:

Seriously, though, how are you? And what do you think about some of the recent discussion?

In Germany they came first for the Communists, and I didn?t speak up because I wasn?t a Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn?t speak up because I wasn?t a Jew. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn?t speak up because I wasn?t a trade unionist. Then they came for Catholics, and I didn?t speak up because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me, and by that time no one was left to speak up."
--Protestant minister Martin Neimoller

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
More Trivia
« Reply #176 on: August 13, 2005, 08:11:00 PM »
Nothing, that's what I figured.

Either cocaine and marijuana are terribly dangerous substances, and breaking the law by consuming them is a major offense that should be severely punished, or these are minor, personal matters that do not really count in the big picture of a man's life. If the latter is the case, then the rationale for a bloody, costly and futile war against drugs simply disappears.
--Jorge G. Castaneda, Newsweek International, September 6, 1999

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
More Trivia
« Reply #177 on: August 13, 2005, 08:31:00 PM »
On 2005-08-12 08:55:00, Thom wrote:

"

"

Would you go to a Podiatrist to find a solution to a heart problem?...Then why go to a science fiction writer for spiritual guidance? His opening statement is false. The Bible is the all-time best-selling history book, and lays out a VERY rational plan for living based on the fact that we did not create ourselves, and would be wise to develop dialog with the One who did.

Beam me up, Godie! ::dove:: "

Truth is truth, no matter who says it.

But regarding going to a sci-fi writer for religion, you should go find a scientologist.

BTW harry potter has outsold the bible now :smile:

Talk about it and let the truth find its own way.
http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?topic=10476&forum=9&Sort=D#111159' target='_new'>Some Joker

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
More Trivia
« Reply #178 on: August 13, 2005, 09:03:00 PM »
On 2005-08-13 17:31:00, Nihilanthic wrote:

BTW harry potter has outsold the bible now

Really now! I think HP is another candidate for archological diety in another thousand years. Him and Bilbo could go down in the next civilization's history as prophets, don't ya think?

Oh, and I just read something about the second coming of Christ from Revelations. Said he'd be made of bronze and have a sword for a tongue. Osama, maybe?

Were the government to prescribe to us our medicine and diet, our bodies would be in such keeping as our souls are now. Thus in France the emetic was once forbidden as a medicine, and the potato as an article of food. Government is just as infallible,[sic] too, when it fixes systems in physics. Galileo was sent to the Inquisition for affirming that the earth was a sphere.... It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself.
http://lfb.com/?stocknumber=FF7485&code=10247' target='_new'>Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia

Offline Thom

• View Profile
More Trivia
« Reply #179 on: August 14, 2005, 02:22:00 AM »
Ging, did your reading in The Revelation mention anything about the cowardly acts of terrorism allegedly masterminded by USAma? Somewhere in the Bible it states that everyone will see Him at once. Maybe USAma was a passenger on the second plane. Perhaps he WAS the plane! That would explain why they can't find him.(any diety could fake the videos that have come out since)
In answer to your questions earlier about whats up? And what do I think of the recent dicussions? Not much, and not much. :smile: