Author Topic: Marathoning  (Read 2938 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Marathoning
« on: January 05, 2005, 09:30:00 AM »
Anyone here been marathoned?  It didn't happen to me, but I remember many people being held in 'timeout rooms' for days, weeks and in one case a month.  Standing or exercising the entire time.  Half a dixie cup of water twice a day, PBJ diet the whole time in there, being sat on for hours on end b/c she wouldn't write an MI etc. etc. etc.

Therapeutic my ASS!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Marathoning
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2005, 09:50:00 AM »
I remember a girl ate so much peanut butter that she pooped out oil! :cry2:

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
Marathoning
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2005, 11:02:00 AM »
I remember people being pulled out of group proper and just sat way in the back of the big group room.  Out of group.  Someone was always  assigned to be aware of them, usually for the entire day.  I enjoyed it when I was chosen to do this, because we were given permission to speak freely to each other the whole time.  It was nice to be able to just talk to someone all day.  I never experienced any violence during these time outs, because I think both myself and whomever I was watching had an unspoken understanding that being out of group was a blessing.  

I know there were times when kids were just pinned on the floor for hours in the group room, and lots of restraints happened pretty much daily......but I was never witness to what happened when they took them out into the other rooms for days on end.  I guess we all thought they were having their own private misbehaver raps or something.

You should be allowed to do whatever you want with your own person and property, as long as you don't physically harm the person or property of a nonconsenting other.
http://laissezfairebooks.com/product.cfm?op=view&pid=PY7893&aid=10247' target='_new'>Peter McWilliams - Ain't Nobody's Business If I Do

...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Marathoning
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2005, 11:07:00 AM »
I was in TR only once and only for a couple of hours. Chris Casselor was trying to get me to apologize to Group for having split (we still used the term split back then) But I just kept telling them I couldn't do that because it wouldn't be honest.

Basically, they just shoved me around, yelled at me, poked my chest and tried to piss me off for a couple of hours. Didn't work. I did piss at least one of them off, though. She busted my nose. Still can't recall who did that.

Harmlessly passing your time in the grasslands away;
Only dimly aware of a certain unease in the air.
you better watchout,
there may be dogs about.
I've looked over Jordan, and have seen.
Things are not what they seem.

--Roger Waters 1977

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Marathoning
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2005, 11:08:00 AM »
This specific time I'm speaking of was a time when there were countless 'misbehavors'.  Group was huge, maybe 350.  The regular timeout/intake rooms were full.  There were a few rooms directily adjacent to group room, in front and back.  Some of the kids were in the rooms in the front so we got to see all damn day what they were doing to this poor girl.  

I remember a guy getting marathoned for 3 weeks and watching him get beaten every damn day of it.

Offline Gah

• View Profile
Marathoning
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2005, 11:38:00 AM »
[ This Message was edited by: Ex5k on 2005-06-14 14:19 ]

Offline Trekker Jag

• View Profile
Marathoning
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2005, 07:16:00 PM »
I got my ass kicked for about 8-10 hours in an intake room one day.  I was sent there by noted child abuser and future San Francisco fellatio merchant William Rollins, then was beaten by a few 5th phasers and staffers, sat-on, had my hair pulled, punched, kicked and spat upon for not complying with their demands that I exercise.  I was punched repeatedly while my arms were being held and someone's knee was in my back.  I honestly do not know the reason , however ridiculous one would be, why I was sent to the intake room and subjected to this therapeutic technique, as I had been complying during the rap in which William "Sweet Willie" Rollins ordered it to take place.  I can only surmise that he
did this out of his great love for me, as part of the Group, and through his wisdom and awareness decided that it was in my best interest.
iller & Mel--Burn in Hell

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Marathoning
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2005, 01:28:00 PM »
I knew "Rusty"  :rofl:  before I went in Str8.  That's what he was called at school.  The reason he got off so much on his 'staff status' around there is because he was such a putz in the real world.  People at school couldn't stand him, even before he went in there.  He LOVED to parade around the bldg. like he was some big shot because he was such an insignificant little shit out in the real world where it counted.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Marathoning
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2005, 02:20:00 PM »
Does anyone know if he stayed until St. Pete shut down?  I heard he now works for the sheriff's department in some capacity.  No facts, just what I heard.

Offline Trekker Jag

• View Profile
Marathoning
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2005, 04:29:00 PM »
I remember when we got back to the foster home at night the foster mom telling me what a "privledge" it was to "sit in a blue chair". Bitch.
iller & Mel--Burn in Hell

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Marathoning
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2005, 09:38:00 AM »
move to top again

Offline Dr. Miller Newton

• View Profile
Marathoning
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2005, 12:54:00 PM »
I remember when we got back to the foster home at night the foster mom telling me what a "privledge" it was to "sit in a blue chair."

But it was a privilege, druggie! Damn it, through motivating, having to sit up bolt upright, and getting jungle rot you learned to appreciate the things that you took for granted with the laxed attitude that you no doubt had in your druggie past. The chairs, etc were character builders that you good-for-nothing druggies sorely needed.
Teenage Drug Use Is A Disease

Offline `

• View Profile
Marathoning
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2005, 06:07:00 PM »
then provide us with your peer-reviewed scientific research including long-term follow-up studies

and don't come back until you do.

Offline Dr. Miller Newton

• View Profile
Marathoning
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2005, 07:06:00 PM »
I'm certainly not going to solicit the opinions of a bunch of eggheads about something that they would not be able to comment with validity on since they are way out of their depth. Have they ever experienced firsthand the horrors of the downward spiral of drug addiction? I doubt that many of them could claim this, don't you? Have these self-proclaimed 'experts' ever known the true joy that occurrs when a kid yells out across the floor of the open meeting room, "Coming home!!!!!" ?  Well? Then they are simply not qualified to comment on the quality (or anything else) concerning Straight's  method of therapy.
Teenage Drug Use Is A Disease

Offline `

• View Profile
Marathoning
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2005, 07:49:00 PM »
i'd like to see a follow-up study. how are all your former straightlings doing now? i happen to be alive, but that might just be dumb luck because i could have died. no one took me to see a doctor when i needed one, so i left Straight sicker than i have ever been in my life.

[ This Message was edited by: fka on 2005-06-01 21:30 ]