Author Topic: But NOONE wants to talk ..  (Read 13646 times)

Offline lisa32

• View Profile
But NOONE wants to talk ..
« on: January 04, 2005, 10:49:00 AM »
I see small inserts all over this site here and there about vision quest .. and even the comment they are the leader of the pack with deaths in there programs .. BUT when will someone finally step up and talk !!!
I will tell u why noone is speaking out against them (at least not anyone with a real claim against them ) .. US parents do our best to defend our children when they are hurt.. and with such a place the defense is to sue them with always the hopes to get enough out of them to hurt the wallet enough to shut them down. Well when you do ur lawsuit and shit starts to sling they pull out all the stops to make ur child look like the idiot rather then there so called staff .. in the end 9 out of 10 times a settlement is reached and guess what .. with that settlement comes a little agreement u must sign called Confiditallaity agreement HAHHA .. why to shut our mouths and not speak out . And they warn u if you speak they will sue U for what u won plus more .. well .. that in my opion should not stop us as parents from talking about what happened to our kids . SPEAK UP PLEASE cause without everyone talking others will never know what these places are about . Honest.. I had NO clue VQ had such a history . never seen it on the news or read it in the papers.. I am a younger parent who at that time didnt even know anyone who had been a such a place other long enough for abuse and deaths to happen..
SO please please .. lets get the word out . I can name off the top of my head at least 3 differnt facilities up here in Pa where kids have been beaten abused killed rapped and neglected.. but its not put in the papers or on my local news. I have talked with hundreds of kids who have been in these places all at different times all who dont know each other but can all give a story the same or close to the same . these kids are not crying wolf they are crying out for protection against the very same people us parents are either willing to go to or forced by the Juvi courts to go to for help!!!!
Speak cause there are plenty of people ready and willing to listen!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
e can always smile at the world that does not mean we are always happy with it!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2005, 12:06:00 PM »
Lisa,

If you really want to get the message out, try contacting organizations such as ISAC (www.isaccorp.org) and Teen Advocates USA (www.teenadvocatesusa.homestead.com). They may be able to help. Good luck.

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2005, 12:16:00 PM »
I am not a lawyer. Lets get that out of the way. But I was told once that the confidentiality agreements can not hold up in court, b/c you can not sign away your first amendment rights.
The idea seems to be the Constitution trumps all other documents.
Of corse this doesn't mean they won't sue you or that you might not loose.
But if you have the right attorney - one trained in constitutional law - You Could maybe have a ground breaking case.
I'd Love to see all these damdable hush agreements thrown aside.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2005, 02:54:00 PM »
One of the reasons people don't speak out is because they just want to put it all behind them. It's difficult to keep focusing on something as negative as this.  I agree that  more people need to speak out to make a difference. I'm sure this will happen some day since these programs are proliferating at such an alaming rate. They are truly out of control and children are dying in these places.  Many more are being seriously injured psycholgically, emotionally and physically.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2005, 03:19:00 PM »
With a record of 14 deaths (that I'm aware of) I've always wondered too why we don't hear much from VQ survivors.
That's a pretty pathetic record. Amazing that they are allowed to continue to operate.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2005, 05:42:00 PM »
Hi Lisa,
  Happy to make your acquaintance. I just went back and read some of your other posts. Sorry I missed them originally, but better late than never, eh?

I set up a forum on VQ sometime back. The one guy who said he'd been there turned out to be a real clown, but don't let that bother you. Is it OK w/ you if I move or copy some of your posts to http://fornits.com/wwf/viewforum.php?forum=30&40?

Please do encourage anyone who's willing to share their story here. Also, if those court documents are public record, I've got plenty of room under http://fornits.com/anonanon/docs/ for them.

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands, flying through space with all other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty.
-- John Muir

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline lisa32

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2005, 07:47:00 PM »
Hi ! Please feel free to move or copy my post to anywhere you feel the word may get out . I have posted in the Vq forum sometime back early in my lawsuit against them . Not really any replies but alot of people viewed. I read in earlier repsonse here that Vq had some 14 deaths.. When researching the death rate with VQ if I remember correctly it hit well over 20 since the 80's .
This is from their wilderness programs and bootcamps . I will go back and recheck it make sure that number is correct. However I do know that the cases of abuse are overwhelming.
Just in the year 2003 .. VQ here has had roughly 18  abuse cases reported to DCF (that is at one facility ran by VQ not all!).. These cases are full of  total neglect .. sexual abuse .. along with the mental and verbal and physical abuse. Although DCF has the outlook this is NOT public information and they will not provide this information.. VQ keeps a log and one is designated to make the reports, that is herendous! I have 3 file folders of Court documents.. are they public information??? How do I find this out ?? if so I am more then willing to send to you .
e can always smile at the world that does not mean we are always happy with it!

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2005, 10:34:00 PM »
Let's compare lists of deaths. Here's what I have.
        Eric Schibley
   Bernard Reefer
   Robert Zimmerman
   Charles Lucas
   James Lamb
   Robert Erwin
   Lyle Foodrov
   Tammy Edmiston
   Leon Anger
   Mario Cano
   Danny Lewis
   John Vincent Garrison
   Shinaul McGraw
   Carlos Ruiz
   Dawnne Takeuchi
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline hawaiib34

• View Profile
Re: But NOONE wants to talk ..
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 12:36:56 AM »
Wow! I was a youth in the west coast program for a year and 6 months around 1986. I had been on my own since 14 because life on the street was safer than home, I was arrested 7 times before I hit 16, placed in a group home and made a ward of the court. Went to VQ shortly after. And I loved it! It changed my life! I did see a couple of staff get a little rough but nothing major, I heard a kid died a couple years ahead of me from a heart problem. I know I had to go thru an extensive physical before they would release me to the program. I am not saying all the kids that died were from Physiological unforeseeable's, but I would guess that would be the bulk of them. VQ was tough! Physically and mentally. All the staff I knew were good people with good intentions.

Since leaving VQ I have gone to college, started my own business and am raising two beautiful, smart, well rounded children. Not to say all the grass has been green, but without VQ I would not have achieved any of this.

Mike

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
Re: But NOONE wants to talk ..
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 08:24:35 AM »
Quote from: "Deborah"
Let's compare lists of deaths. Here's what I have.
        Eric Schibley
   Bernard Reefer
   Robert Zimmerman
   Charles Lucas
   James Lamb
   Robert Erwin
   Lyle Foodrov
   Tammy Edmiston
   Leon Anger
   Mario Cano
   Danny Lewis
   John Vincent Garrison
   Shinaul McGraw
   Carlos Ruiz
   Dawnne Takeuchi

The "today a child died" blog is a work in progress. I don't know how far they are but here is some of the articles they have made:

More will follow as they get through the records.