Author Topic: Need Help in SF Bay Area, CA.. About to be homeless...  (Read 8001 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Need Help in SF Bay Area, CA.. About to be homeless...
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2005, 01:57:00 AM »
On 2005-01-07 18:22:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-01-06 12:25:00, Anonymous wrote:

"be careful everyone.This guy went to WWASP programs years ago because he was raping many men and women.He says he has changed, but he was always a liar, so how should we know if hes telling the truth now?"

WWASPS programs do not admit rapists.  Try again."

WWASPS programs admit anyone who can pay. Try again.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2005, 02:00:00 PM »
I can't get over the people who can't conceive of some guy working full time, going to school, and being broke.

I did temporary secretarial work for three years after graduating from college, and I was darned near broke a lot of the time.

One year, my parents gave me a new carburetor for my birthday because that's what I asked for.

Yes, I could have gotten around on public transit, but it took so much more *time* every day than commuting by car.

If you get sick and have to pay for a major medical procedure while you don't have health insurance, you can suddenly be very broke despite working as hard as you can and being as financially responsible as you can.

If you get in an accident---one of those that's legally your fault but in practice is almost impossible to avoid, as sometimes happens--your car deductible can wipe you out.

Or, even if you're paying the rent and everything on time, one of your roomies can decide she just doesn't like you.  It happens.  I lived in a roommate situation where I was one of the people that asked a guy to move because we just couldn't stand him.  He wasn't a bad human being, but little things about someone can drive you nuts when you have to try to share the same small apartment.  We *didn't* kick him out on the street--he had a month to find somewhere else to live and he did.  We *wouldn't* have kicked him out homeless---if he was really looking, we'd have given him more time.  He was getting on our nerves, badly--but we didn't hate the guy, or have any reason to hate him.  He just wasn't working out as a roommate.

Shit happens.

The anonymous guy's program brainwash shit about "don't you believe you can make it on your own" is such garbage.  Sometimes even if you do your best, you're screwed.  Which is why when you see someone being screwed over despite really trying, you help him---because you know it could be you next time.

*Most* of the time if you're doing your best and being responsible, you're okay.

But sometimes stuff just happens.  And most of us who have *decent* families get help from them or help them out when it does.

Hell, once my dad had his car break down when driving through the city I live in on the way to visit my grandmother.  He called me, I went and picked him up, and he spent the night at my place, calling around in the morning to get his car fixed, etc.

Once my sister had something she needed to come to in my town and stayed at my place---she was here for reasons other than just visiting me, but I was glad to see her and glad to be able to spare her the cost of a hotel.

When Grandma died, the bulk of the arrangements fell on my parents, right at Thanksgiving.  Some neighbors invited them over for T'giving dinner, and we took t'giving leftovers (turkey, a casserole dish of dressing just for them, etc.) so they wouldn't miss out on turkey sandwiches after.

My mil has stayed with us in transit during a move.

Friends who were out of work and moving stayed with us for a couple of weeks---with their kids and days-old newborn baby.  And they stayed with us again when the dad was interviewing for a job in our city.

Pretty much nobody makes it *all* on their own.

Most of us *mostly* make it on our own, but mostly help each other out a bit along the way.

Having your own blood kin cut you out of their life is a major lifelong handicap no matter how competent and self-sufficient you are.

Sometimes, your kin is so flaky or bad that it's worth it, but it's a big handicap nonetheless.

It makes it doubly important to build close ties to a church or other family of affiliation to be there for each other when times are tough.

Everybody goes through tough times.

Kid---if you're judeo-christian at all, after you get through with this (religion is not supposed to matter, but it does), join the Masons.

I'm not kidding in the least.

The Masons do substantial social service work, which you should make sure you participate heavily in.  And make sure you cultivate good, mutual friendships and are thoughtful and there to help others out when they need it.

Then, the next time you're down on your luck, if it truly is just everything bad coming together at once (as it sometimes does) and you're doing your best, your lodge brothers will probably help you out.

Timoclea

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2005, 02:33:00 PM »
Oh, another thing you could do---if you wouldn't feel comfortable taking the Mormons up on their offer of rooming with their missionaries since you don't accept their religion, you *might* explain that to them but ask if, while camping, you can prevail on them for a place to shower.  Tell them that when you're back on your feet you'll be happy to donate to cover their cost of helping out the next person who needs it, but that you just wouldn't feel right thinking you were taking something for nothing when you *know* you're not really open to missionary efforts on your behalf just now.

You might be very surprised---they might actually understand and be able to work with you on that.

They might respect your integrity--you never know.

Worth a try, if you plan to camp.

Sorry advice is the best help I can give, I'm thousands of miles away, too.

The other thing you can consider is cutting your losses on the classes and seeing if your county has the program some California counties have of giving one way bus tickets.  If there's someplace less expensive to live that has a better employment climate than where you are now, you *might* find the situation an improvement.  If there's stuff you can sell for cash--like to used CD places and such, you might be able to reduce your load of junk *and* help scrape up the cash to get you started in another town.

You have web access---maybe you could find a job in that town and have it waiting for you?  The first thought I've got is if social services will give you a bus ticket, find fast food places that are hiring and are company stores, fax them an application, get the manager's name, explain your situation (dressed nice and all presentable) to the manager of a local company store of the same chain and ask will he put in a word with the manager of the store in the *other* town on how presentable and personable you are (I'd do this with a couple of chains).

I know it sounds a little far-fetched, but that's what would be most likely to make it work---you would come across to both managers as clean, presentable, smiling, eager and motivated to work hard.  If you could get two fast food jobs near each other in a town not bad to live in---or better yet, a job at wal-mart---or a job at wal-mart and a fast food job---and you could find a place to shower and stay, and pick a town with a lowish cost of living and a decent junior college, then you could get yourself squared away and back in school.

The thing is, it would be much easier to do almost *anywhere* else than California.  Getting out of California might be a real good plan.

Or, you could save up at that town until you could earn enough for a bus ticket and startup cash in the next town a state or a few over until you got to someplace you could actually stand to live with a decent cost of living.

Actually, since you're a guy, you have another option that isn't as available to women.

As long as you're physically "whole", anyplace far enough south that concrete will cure in the winter time will have day labor construction jobs where you can just line up with the illegals and work hard.  It's dirty, heavy, fairly dangerous sometimes, and hard work---but the pay's okay as long as you keep your mouth shut, do what you're told, work hard at it, and don't make waves.

Work like a Mexican.  Advantage is getting paid in cash.  Eat like a Mexican.  Advantage is it's reasonably cheap.

You're young enough to probably get away with it for a few months, you can work your way across the country, you can end up wherever you want to be that's cheaper than California, and *then* you can pull yourself up through school, etc.

Also, you sound young.  Consider going down to the recruiting station and joining the Army, national guard, etc.

Explain your situation and let them get you right into basic.  You'll probably get a signing bonus if that's what the recruiter has to do to help get you put up somewhere until you go off to basic.

You'll get job skills and be eligible for the GI Bill---and the changes they've made mean that even if you're in the guard and not regular, your GI benefits are scaled based on how long you're actually activated---and in a war, you'll be activated.  So you get paid *and* the army takes care of your food, shelter, and clothing.  And you get money for college.

Maybe your history will have them say no---but maybe not, and maybe not *all* the branches of the service.  Worth a try.

Timoclea

Timoclea

Offline firenze

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2005, 03:28:00 PM »
heyi live in pacifica sorry to here about that i was in a program tpp waasp actuall spring creeka nd jamaica so talk to me i am about to get my own appt in two days

What was done with the seed saved from the India Hemp last summer? It ought, all of it, to have been sewn again; that not only a stock of seed sufficient for my own purposes might have been raised, but to have disseminated the seed to others; as it is more valuable than the common Hemp.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/188301123X/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'>George Washington, Writings of Washington, Vol. 35, pg. 72

see my imperfections and say say fuck it...Kelly Ozborne

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2005, 11:38:00 PM »
The military is also a way to go for those who need housing, education and so forth.  It's a good way to get your education and get paid.  You also get alot of benefits for the rest of your life.  Just a suggestion.....

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2005, 07:29:00 AM »
Everybody beware, this guy is gay(For real), I e-mailed him about letting him stay in my home just because I love helping people out.We moved all of his stuff in, and this guy has the nerve to sneak into my husbands bedroom,, and start playing with my husbands penis! :flame:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2005, 07:47:00 AM »
I hope that is not true,the one that cares.
But not hard to believe, i did say beware of him trying to take advantage of someone here.

Offline Perrigaud

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2005, 08:18:00 AM »
What? My goodness I hope that's not real!!! Did your husband retaliate? That's just wrong!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2005, 09:41:00 AM »
You expect us to believe you? did your husband just sit there and let him? your a liar

Offline Timoclea

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2005, 11:09:00 AM »
On 2005-01-13 04:29:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Everybody beware, this guy is gay(For real), I e-mailed him about letting him stay in my home just because I love helping people out.We moved all of his stuff in, and this guy has the nerve to sneak into my husbands bedroom,, and start playing with my husbands penis! :flame: "

Please do not feed the trolls.

Geez, you guys haven't been on the internet long enough to be able to tell the trolls from the real people?

Timoclea

sunday school: A prison in which children do penance for the evil conscience of their parents.
--H. L. Mencken, American publisher

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2005, 02:27:00 PM »
Thats the kind of thing makes me wish Ginger would moderate a little. That crap does no good what so ever; adds nothing to the rampant talking so valued, accomplishing anything - in fact, that is exactly the kind of thing that makes the parents who might be coming around, turn and run the other way.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2005, 02:39:00 PM »
I agree AND to the savvy parent who is researching the industry who might stumble upon Fornits, it will give them further insight into the mentality of program advocates.

The parents who are dead-set on ditching their kids... wouldn't matter much anyway.

Can't save everyone. When you start moderating it becomes a full time job, or atleast it would be here with the volume of messages. And where do you draw the line? How do you defend the accusations of censorship that would surely come from the other side? Best to allow the free flow of information and opinions, and let 'those with ears hear'.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2005, 03:31:00 PM »
Free flow of ideas is all well and good - And I understand the need and applauded those providing a place for the exchange; But what I'm referring to is not an idea, or information - its is a flagrant and outrageous lie, told only to cheapen and degrade any value the board might have.
It would not be censorship to delete it; it would be protecting the integrity of the board. And it wouldn't be a full time job. You could do a report post to moderator - and look over any reports and decide pretty quickly if it is garbage or actually saying something.
But, I know how Ginger feels - and I know it aint gonna happen - I just can't help hoping she'll change her mind.

Offline chi3

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2005, 04:27:00 AM »
o.k., I have to say, I don't know what's real or not. About to be homeless, I was once in your shoes. I ran from an abusive marriage with my kids. It can be done. I agree, you are in the wrong place. There are places all across the country who will help you. If neccesary, you can leave there! there are colleges everywhere! Credits do transfer. Go to a small town. I live in the south. It is easy here to get help. Look outside your box! You should have learned at least that much if you are a wwasp survivor.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2005, 12:17:00 PM »
I'm pretty sure that this is a just troll. But who's to say? When I heard about a kid getting buried alive some 30 years ago at a TBS in Maine I thought that was probably made up too. Then comes along a couple of wittnesses. Turns out it was true. Then there was the story about the kids being kept in dog kennels. Who knew, before the video evidence came out, that that was for real?

My point is that all kinds of unbelievable and sick stories are told here all the time. Which ones should I believe and which ones should I squelch? Can you be absolutely sure which are which?

Locate the blind spot in the culture--the place where the culture isn't looking, because it dare not--because if it were to look there, its previous values would dissolve.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1561769118/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'>Terence McKenna

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes