Author Topic: Need Help in SF Bay Area, CA.. About to be homeless...  (Read 8010 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Need Help in SF Bay Area, CA.. About to be homeless...
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2005, 02:04:00 AM »
Dude three words. Grovel, grovel, grovel.  Go back and tell mama you are an adult now, and realize the wrong way's of your past and you are sorry for all the trouble you caused as a young one.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2005, 04:26:00 AM »
Dude three words. Grovel, grovel, grovel.

Good advice ... for the parents!

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2005, 12:08:00 PM »
Ya'll should go back and read what this kid (kid? I'm guessing at least 25 by now) has said. He's got full time employment. He's already in school. And he's gotten to this point despite having been through a bunch of WWASP programs and then essentially disowned by his TOUGHLOVE hategroup family.

As to groveling, I dunno. Time has passed and maybe some of your family has come around a bit. But if they're still sucking down the kool aid, you don't have to explain to me why that would be a bad idea. Every time I've fallen on hard times in my life, my family has been thrilled. I finally just quit talking to the sobs.

But it sounds like a few hundred dollars; enough to cover some temporary housing for a month or so, would do it for you. Maybe someone in your family would be willing to spring for that? Maybe student services? Maybe the United Way? I've seen then dole out emergency cash for some really lame, obviously false stories. They'll only do it once, but if it'll help it's probably worth asking.

If you can take it mentally, camping is really not a bad way to go EXCEPT that anyone who's caught a little of the weather news lately knows that it's fucking snowing in LA right now!

Dude, if I were closer, I'd certainly give you the key to my basement. But I'm thousands of miles away.

When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=william+blake' target='_new'>William Blake

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2005, 12:16:00 PM »
Does your school have a bulletin board?  Maybe someone else is in dire need of a roommate?  You could always get lucky.

With your roommate situation, maybe you could show them what you're doing to get out of there and get more time?

They probably legally *can't* make you move out if you have nowhere to go.  Legally, they would probably have to go through the whole procedure of going to court to evict you---which includes that they legally can't throw your stuff out without becoming liable for damages, can't lock you out, etc.

If they call the cops to get you out, the cops will probably tell them that they *can't* just kick you out with noplace to go, that they *have to* actually go to court to evict you.

DISCLAIMER: Call legal aid or a homeless advocacy group and get specific advice on the laws where you are.  I am not a lawyer, this is not specific legal advice.

Making them evict you will make them hate you, but it may tide you over a few extra days or weeks while you find someplace else to live.  But it might make other potential roommates leery of you, too.  Your choice.

Camping, snow or not, probably is your second best bet.

Timoclea

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2005, 12:34:00 PM »
Not to be mean, but he could also not be telling the entire truth abdout why he is in this situation and trying to take advantage of someone here. I hope not.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2005, 01:25:00 AM »
On 2005-01-04 17:40:00, 3YearWWASPsurvivor wrote:

"I don't mean to sound picky, because all I need is a roof over my head at night and a place to shower, but has anyone ever seen the homeless shelters in SF, CA. They are full of crack-addicts and people with mental instabilities. I'd be safer on the streets... "

You don't seem to think you're worth having more than that???  Do you think that just because your parents aren't supporting you financially that you can't make it on your own?  Just because your parents chose not to give you money, doesn't mean you have to believe you can't make it on your own!!!  Somehow you got  the tuition together to go to school.  Somehow you got a job.  Think about it. If you don't want to share digs with people that stand on street corners during the day begging for food or whatever, you already know you're worth more.  Sometimes being pushed to make it on your own, like the situation you're now in, is a blessing in disguise.  When are you going to stop depending on other people for your basic needs?  You'll only fail if you want to.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2005, 01:31:00 AM »
On 2005-01-04 20:21:00, 3YearWWASPsurvivor wrote:

"I live with three girls who go to college, and one of the girls does not want me there anymore because she has issues with guys. I am totally harmless, but she says she did not move in to an all girl apartment to live with a guy. She is being totally unreasonable, but I am thankful for the time that they have let me stay there. I am not going to argue. I'm grateful..."

This is what I'm reading into this:  

One of the girls doesn't want to live with a guy...that isn't pulling his own weight (paying the rent.

I say this because you said ....they have let me stay there.

You have a job, so what are you doing with the money you are making?  Have a heart to heart with the girls, offer to pay 1/4 of the rent or whatever you can right now, until you can find another place to live.  You can't depend on other people to "make it" for you the rest of your life.  It may have worked up to this point, but you CAN do it...if you want to.  If not, the alternatives look pretty bleak right now.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2005, 03:39:00 AM »
On 2005-01-05 22:31:00, Anonymous wrote:

You have a job, so what are you doing with the money you are making?  

right exactly, that's why I gave the tent, tarp and bag advice.  

This guy works full time and can't get a room?  Very wierd.  So wierd, in fact that it's time for him to give this whole "civilization" thing a new look from a new perspective.  Original poster dude, if you really are carrying that heavy a load and can't get decent shelter, then take a break.  Rethink this whole rat race thing.  Lie low for awhile, rest your mind.  To get to this state of affairs, you must be misunderstanding something basic.  Let it go for awhile.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2005, 09:12:00 AM »
It is also true that rents in the SF area are outrageous! It's one of the most expensive areas in the U.S. for housing. I know of someone there who shares a tiny 1 bedroom  apt. with 2 other people.  His share (1/3) of the rent equals the total rent on a large apartment in the town where he used to live.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2005, 03:25:00 PM »
be careful everyone.This guy went to WWASP programs years ago because he was raping many men and women.He says he has changed, but he was always a liar, so how should we know if hes telling the truth now?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2005, 04:33:00 PM »
If you're not kidding, I'm guessing you come by this knowledge by way of his confessions while at WWASP. So... if you're sure he's a liar, then why do you believe it?

To regard Christ as God, and to pray to him, are to my mind the greatest possible sacrilege.
--Leo Tolstoy, Russian revolutionary

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline webcrawler

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2005, 12:25:00 PM »
Hi,

Not sure if you got my email about suggestions, but I just thought of another one since you are not willing to go to a shelter. Have you looked into any camp grounds?

The other thing is if you are not being legally evicted your roomates can not just force you to leave on their whim (at least in the state where I live). Call your local Legal Services for advice on evictions. It sounds like you do not want to cause any bad blood with the roommates, but they need to be a little more understanding and follow the law when it comes to evictions so you are not just left on the streets.

The Mormon Church isn't that bad with trying to force feed people their religious agendas. I think they are some people you can trust. My boss is a Mormom and I know a few others and have found them all to have integrity and willing to help people regardless of religion affilation. In fact my friend went through some hard times years ago and happened to meet a Mormon that came to his door. He set my friend up with a job in a steel factory and helped him get on his feet.

Let us all know how things are going for you, alright?
am looking for people who survived Straight in Plymouth, Michigan. I miss a lot of people there and wonder what happened and would like to stay in touch.

Offline webcrawler

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2005, 12:32:00 PM »
Most people are just 2 0r 3 paychecks away from being homeless. He may be spending every last dime on housing and living expenses. Sure he can rent a room, but he is still going to need to come up with a security deposit and first month's rent. That's a lot for someone to come up if they do not have the luxury of a savings account in an emergency.
am looking for people who survived Straight in Plymouth, Michigan. I miss a lot of people there and wonder what happened and would like to stay in touch.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2005, 09:22:00 PM »
On 2005-01-06 12:25:00, Anonymous wrote:

"be careful everyone.This guy went to WWASP programs years ago because he was raping many men and women.He says he has changed, but he was always a liar, so how should we know if hes telling the truth now?"

WWASPS programs do not admit rapists.  Try again.

Offline mental torture made me li

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2005, 12:03:00 AM »
Rock on, Krystene. The SF area is so expensive, I had a good friend with a master's degree go out there and decide to bag it because of the price of rent!!! Unless you make $12 or $14 an hour or more, with rents that high you can easily get further and further behind. If you have never been homeless in America just consider yourself lucky. It is not at all weird to be homeless and working full time. Many in California are doing just that, very responsible people, with families, even.[ This Message was edited by: Pietra on 2005-01-07 21:04 ]