Author Topic: Teen very interested in steroids. Is this a phase?  (Read 995 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Teen very interested in steroids. Is this a phase?
« on: February 13, 2005, 11:20:00 AM »
My teen has recently ben reading all kinds of stuff regarding steroids. He recently broke up with his girlfriend. He says he needs to improve his athletic ability. I know teens say things all the time but how can parents know when it is a phase and when it is not?                                                                                       Martha.  Miami, Florida.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2005, 10:39:00 PM »
Are you taking real questions off of some parent help forum and copying them over here? Or just that bored? What are you doing?

Anyway, were this a real question, I'd suggest that reading about steroids is not harmful. In fact, reading up on anything is not going to hurt anybody and may well protect the kid from making stupid mistakes. Any kid who's interested enough in any drugs to read up on them, I think I'd point them to Vaults of Erowid and the PDR. Stay away from the government issue stuff, though. It's so full of errors and outright lies the young reader is apt to conclude that all cautionary info is bullshit.

It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself.
Anonymity Anonymous
Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2005, 12:01:00 PM »
Martha,

run out and buy him a copy of jose consaco's new book, just out today.

can you say illegal?

or just get him the good stuff and do it to, go to the gym with him, kinda a bonding time for the two of you. cuz apparently, you haven't bonded to this point?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2005, 11:09:00 PM »
I know about the Canseco book. I would not go that route because it contains tips on how to cover up use.And Canseco says controled use is ok. I do not wan him using at all.And no,I do not have to learn to bond with him. I take him with me to go grocery shopping and we sometimes spend Sundays together knitting with his Grandmother.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2005, 10:49:00 AM »
that maybe his/your problem...wanting steriods to feel a little more masculine after each knitting experience with granny.

then again he could become the strongest kniter in the world?  granny would appreciate that, i'm sure.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2005, 06:07:00 PM »
Buy him some weights and some protein shakes or pills and encourage him to use them PROPERLY and help him do so.

Get him a trainer and enroll him in some kind of sport or martial art where he'd devlop, and more importantly have some fun doing it. I'd suggest something with his school like wrestling or a team sport.

When I told the people of Northern Ireland that I was an atheist, a woman in the audience stood up and said, "Yes, but is it the God of the Catholics or the God of the Protestants in whom you don't believe?"  
-- Quentin Crisp

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."